Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

A home game with Hamilton at a venue TBC (why not Firhill?!).

A home game with Airdrie at Hamilton on a Sunday.

A Wednesday trip to Firhill.

An away game with QP on a Sunday.

What a bizarre group stage this is going to be.

For the Accies home game we're looking at Firhill or by that probably Fir Park or St Mirren park. Airdrie and Alloa both in use that night so can't play it there.

Surely we could just come to an agreement to play it at Accies or even just offer to give up home advantage so Accies would be the home side as it would be getting played at a neutral ground anyway?

Edited by C. Muir

Have I missed something? Why is the home game against Hamilton getting moved? I thought we had agreed with them to use their stadium for our league cup fixtures? How does drawing them at ‘home’ change that? Surely it will still be played there with Hamilton demanding use of the home stand id imagine. 

Edited by DeanMck

7 minutes ago, DeanMck said:

Have I missed something? Why is the home game against Hamilton getting moved? I thought we had agreed with them to use their stadium for our league cup fixtures? How does drawing them at ‘home’ change that? Surely it will still be played there with Hamilton demanding use of the home stand id imagine. 

It's probably something to do with the away team having home ground advantage must be a rule or something 

17 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

What’s happening with the pitch is it new Astro going down or what?

Drove past today and seen the work ongoing.

Yeah new astro park, the old astro was at the end of its lifespan 

24 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Anyone know why the game on the 28th being played on the Sunday when Hamilton are away from home on the Saturday?

The 28th is away to QP, who are using Airdrie as their home ground, which is where Hamilton are playing away from home on the Saturday, against Airdrie. 

1 hour ago, David W said:

The 28th is away to QP, who are using Airdrie as their home ground, which is where Hamilton are playing away from home on the Saturday, against Airdrie. 

Have to say that I had to read that a second time slowly to get my head round it. Messy ! 

12 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

they have started work on the pitch already why is it taking what close on two month
is it getting done as a homer emoji23.png

It takes a good few weeks for the Astro grass to grow to it’s full length and then needs a few cuts before it can be played on. 

Edited by DeanMck

It takes a good few weeks for the Astro grass to grow to it’s full length and then needs a few cuts before it can be played on. 
cheers [emoji106] knew there had to be a sensible explanation

I thought it might be Cumbernauld B&Q had run out of astro grass