Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

12 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I'd be worried about signing players for October if it's not to commence without expensive testing.

I think an October target is gambling on the Oxford vaccine being a goer by then.

I'd feel more confident about a January start. Although, I don't know the financial implications of this.

Likely the virus will be away by then or atleast no longer a threat. 

October is what I'd go for but I'd rather we played the full 36 games and fit in 9 mid week games and scratch the challenge cup

12 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

image.png.16137d22548717979235f83c5b477567.png

These are the bespoke Stenny kits , made by Uhlsport and provided by RJM. I'd be happy if they're anything close to this quality.

Also we should be signing Mark McGuigan, what a handsome devil.

Beauty 

2 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I was on a conf call with NHS (England) last week and they're predictng 2nd wave Sep / Oct. 

I think the response will be very different. Those in vulnerable categories will have to isolate but we can forget furloughing and the like. Normal sick pay from employers and statutory sick pay will be expected for workers.

Those deemed as at normal risk will be encouraged to use face covering, maintain good person hygiene and be mindful of social distancing but told to just get on with it. 

Maybees not what we want to hear, but I believe this will be the reality.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

I was on a conf call with NHS (England) last week and they're predictng 2nd wave Sep / Oct. 

I think the response will be very different. Those in vulnerable categories will have to isolate but we can forget furloughing and the like. Normal sick pay from employers and statutory sick pay will be expected for workers.

Those deemed as at normal risk will be encouraged to use face covering, maintain good person hygiene and be mindful of social distancing but told to just get on with it. 

Maybees not what we want to hear, but I believe this will be the reality.

Seems inevitable. The country will be bankrupt if we keep this up.

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/06/24/6451/ 

Do I like the idea? Yes.

Is having a card/app on my phone smashing? Yes.

Will I overspend massively and be required to top up my card further? Absolutely, yes.

Interested to hear other people’s thoughts but personally, I love it! Being able to spend the funds on different items is very clever. For example, if someone buys a season card but works a few Saturday afternoons, they can still use their funds and buy a top/put it towards hospitality.

If nothing else, it’s nice to see something inventive for a change.

Edited by Scott-Replay
Sorry, can’t buy food and drink.

14 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Do I like the idea? Yes.

Will I overspend massively and be required to top up my card further? Absolutely, yes.

Interested to hear other people’s thoughts but personally, I love it! Being able to spend the funds on different items is very clever. For example, if someone buys a season card but works a few Saturday afternoons, they can still use their funds and buy a top/put it towards hospitality.

Agreed. Can pay in instalments as well, which will only encourage people to buy it ASAP. 

They need an alternative for those who can’t use/don’t have a smartphone. Personally I was looking forward to having a physical card. 

I haven’t bought a since ticket in about 13 years but I’ll be buying one this year. 

7 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Agreed. Can pay in instalments as well, which will only encourage people to buy it ASAP. 

They need an alternative for those who can’t use/don’t have a smartphone. Personally I was looking forward to having a physical card. 

I haven’t bought a since ticket in about 13 years but I’ll be buying one this year. 

Thought that as well. Nothing about about a 65+ concession card either. For me personally anyway, it suits me perfectly.

Like this innovative idea.

Fans don't need to worry about losing value if crowds are prohibited for a chunk of the season.

However, paranoia causing me to stress about phone running out of charge as I approach the turnstiles.

They're also needs to be an alternative for those lacking technological nous.

19 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Like this innovative idea.

Fans don't need to worry about losing value if crowds are prohibited for a chunk of the season.

However, paranoia causing me to stress about phone running out of charge as I approach the turnstiles.

They're also needs to be an alternative for those lacking technological nous.

Or the app crashing. :lol: 

Do I like the idea? Yes.
This is ideal for me. I make probably 90% of home matches but occasionally work Saturday night shift meaning I have to miss the game. Great idea by the club.

And yes I too will overspend and need to top mine up [emoji23][emoji1267]