Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

33 minutes ago, lumos said:

Had been told that Falkirk would be part time next season, if still in league 1

Won't cove and stranraer be in same league??

On 04/05/2020 at 08:53, SLClyde said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Howie and McNiff. Would be happy enough with any of the 3 though. 

As long as it's not 3 together, that's when it z tarted,,,

Edited by clyde_r_us

Going to be one of the longest League Ones in years surely ? Falkirk, Thistle, Cove and I’m sure Airdrieonians won’t be far behind think that’s almost definitely going to be the top 4 next season, Hopefully we can straighten and get a couple of Derby wins at least and another cup run please.

Roll on Firhill.

The club might not be in a position to sell season tickets anytime soon due to uncertainty around when or if next season will take place.

However, what about some kind of loyalty/reward scheme.

Fans could pay a minimum of £30 a month and gradually build up rewards based on the number of payments made (or maybe cash amount targets hit).

Rewards could start off low like free programme voucher, £5 off match entry voucher, free child season ticket. Could then build up to things like free items from club shop, 1 free match entry, free football shirt etc.

The more contributions the better the rewards you are eligible for.

Just an idea, far from a complete proposal, but what do people think on how feasible / likely to benefit the club such a scheme would be?

I'd rather the club had a set up giving the ability to pay standing order donations. I'd happily set one up paying regularly into the club an amount of my choosing.

Asking for £30/month means that fans unable to pay that much feel they'll be unable to help.

Allow fans to contribute when they can to an amount they are comfortable with.

I also liked the idea of £100 towards the season ticket and the balance (if any) when the league starts.

I'd rather the club had a set up giving the ability to pay standing order donations. I'd happily set one up paying regularly into the club an amount of my choosing.

Asking for £30/month means that fans unable to pay that much feel they'll be unable to help.

I also liked the idea of £100 towards the season ticket and the balance (if any) when the league starts.

The £100 down payment on a season ticket would give the club some money initially but not so much on an ongoing basis. What if there is no football until January for example.

I was thinking of some kind of ongoing scheme to keep cash flowing in. I’m sure some people would be happy to donate monthly regardless but if something could be given back as a thank you that might encourage more people on board.

I agree with your point on a minimum amount putting people off though.

Maybe it could be like a ‘virtual season ticket’.
Eg donation received:
£15-£29, 1 virtual match attended, choose tier 1 reward.
£30-£44, 2 virtual matches attended, choose tier 2 reward.
And so on....

Each month you could receive an email with a certificate of how many virtual matches you attended, plus claim your reward based on this. Then refresh/change the rewards each month.

Would that appeal more widely than just a blind donation?

I guess there'll be more certainty for the club after all league positions are confirmed next week.

Whatever happens I hope there'll be various and imaginative ways for fans to financially help the club.

I think donations will play a very large part next season if we are to come out the other end unscathed.

5 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I guess there'll be more certainty for the club after all league positions are confirmed next week.

Whatever happens I hope there'll be various and imaginative ways for fans to financially help the club.

I think donations will play a very large part next season if we are to come out the other end unscathed.

I would be disappointed if the 200 fund doesn't continue at at least the same level as this season's. I'll certainly be renewing mine.

Maybe I'm just a boring fart, but I'll also continue with making a regular donation utilising the donation facility in the Club site. Easy to use and you can vary the donation according to your financial situation month on month(or week on week).

My only comment regarding that feature, which has been mentioned on here before, is that it could be more prominently displayed on the OS.

Edited by LiviClyde

I would be disappointed if the 200 fund doesn't continue at at least the same level as this season's. I'll certainly be renewing mine.
Maybe I'm just a boring fart, but I'll also continue with making a regular donation utilising the donation facility in the Club site. Easy to use and you can vary the donation according to your financial situation month on month(or week on week).
My only comment regarding that feature, which has been mentioned on here before, is that it could be more probably displayed on the OS.

I agree about the link to the donate page should be be displayed more prominently.

Though I would rather make donations automatically rather than having to input my details every time.

The £100 down payment on a season ticket would give the club some money initially but not so much on an ongoing basis. What if there is no football until January for example.

I was thinking of some kind of ongoing scheme to keep cash flowing in. I’m sure some people would be happy to donate monthly regardless but if something could be given back as a thank you that might encourage more people on board.

I agree with your point on a minimum amount putting people off though.

Maybe it could be like a ‘virtual season ticket’.
Eg donation received:
£15-£29, 1 virtual match attended, choose tier 1 reward.
£30-£44, 2 virtual matches attended, choose tier 2 reward.
And so on....

Each month you could receive an email with a certificate of how many virtual matches you attended, plus claim your reward based on this. Then refresh/change the rewards each month.

Would that appeal more widely than just a blind donation?

Nothing like keeping things simple.
How does the Club fund an Admin. Assistant to deal with the flood of applications?
(Of course, a volunteer will do it. Silly me.)

21 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I read last week that Forfar weren’t willing to take early payments for season tickets until a certain date,think it was June 1st as any income before then has a bearing on the financial year 

Well worded and confirms what a shame this "group" were who were trying to reshape scottish football for their own good,Sorry good o the game.. 

How some clubs with their media sweethearts over the weekend can greet that it didnt go ahead whilst not formally keeping the other clubs up to date is generally bogging behaviour but shouldnt come as to a suprise of anyone...

Reconfirms why our club did not want to sit round the table with these people & the club deserves enormous credit for sitting back and not getting involved in an utter mess which would have affected us a lot more and others more financially than Hertz n Fissle & their agenda.

Hearing Thistle have approached Ray Grant, apparently very keen on signing him but he’s still weighing up options. 

I heard the same. Last December if I remember correctly. Not really news if a rival wants one of your Club’s better players. I’d be more interested if another club was tapping up Chris Johnston. I’d be happy with that.