Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

There's nothing unfair in the overall scheme of things about consigning Clyde to the bottom tier - you could equally state Clyde will fairly continue to be in the third tier so isn't a lesser league. It also potentially makes Clyde one of the better teams in the league instead of one of the lesser teams and they thus have a better chance of reaching tier 2

There would be nothing unfair about it if we knew at the start of the season it was going to be the case. However, we were told that if we finish outside the bottom two then we avoid the bottom tier. That's what we, and Peterhead, have done.

Had we finished last season ninth in League Two and this season bottom of League Two, we would still be in the same league. Our efforts in getting promoted and holding our own in the division above have therefore been taken away from us. Through no fault of our own.

Of course that's unfair.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

12 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Next you will be using that most expedient of phrases ‘sporting integrity’. 

Are you going to address the points in my post or just refer to a phrase that isn't in my post to make whatever "point" you are trying to make?

Well if its the Q&A section you’re referring to, that’s accessible only by registered “Owners”. The poster Harry Haddock has put it out into the general domain.
News like this and the financial losses shouldn't be behind a pay wall. Over half the fan base are kept in the dark.

23 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
39 minutes ago, maxruby said:

Well if its the Q&A section you’re referring to, that’s accessible only by registered “Owners”. The poster Harry Haddock has put it out into the general domain.

News like this and the financial losses shouldn't be behind a pay wall. Over half the fan base are kept in the dark.

I have just read this and decided not to donate this weekend. I'm not putting money into a blind pot that might be used for a court case I am unaware of and haven't had any sort of communication on.  Keeping the club going is the right thing to support but not potentially paying for god knows what.

Welcome to Clyde FC. Begging bowls out one week, the next we are ok financially. The next court cases against the club. A bit of a theme here. The board have a lot to answer to. I’m sure all the owners or members as they should be are fully aware of what’s going on. In fact I’m sure their stance will be is that it’s commercially confidential. The phrase they love to use

It isn't unfair - you don't like it that's a different thing. If you change to 3 x 14 and are in the bottom 14 then that's fair enough.

What if they decide to make a 16 team top tier and an 18 team championship and chuck all other teams into lowland or highland league.

This will be plucked out of thin air and based on this seasons league tables.

Cowdenbeath sadly wouldn’t make the cut but you will be delighted as technically you are now playing at tier 3 and a big fish in a small pond?

What if they decide to make a 16 team top tier and an 18 team championship and chuck all other teams into lowland or highland league.

This will be plucked out of thin air and based on this seasons league tables.

Cowdenbeath sadly wouldn’t make the cut but you will be delighted as technically you are now playing at tier 3 and a big fish in a small pond?

Eh no we were talking about being in the SPFL not outwith it