Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

New update looks very bleak. 

Certainly is. This is only my opinion too but I don’t think for one second it was necessary to say that the players recused an 80% furlough. I don’t think I would be terribly happy if I was a player.

Worrying times for the club.

Players refusing a 20% cut is understandable as we don't know their personal circumstances.

I also think it's reasonable for the club to tell the fans about it. Otherwise, as usual with Clyde fans, it would be replaced with speculation and rumour.

Yes, not great but I assume (player payment issue apart) every single club at our level will be in almost same position. Perhaps being too honest in public, maybe? However may also be justifying the decision to vote yes to the proposal, as they feel it may be unpopular (not that I think is wrong), I think it’s the only decision the league can take given the situation. It needs resolution and I suppose we need the £77,500 cash..now!

Bit of bravery to publicly state their voting intentions, credit for that at least whether you agree or not.  

Very Worrying times for the club.

Players refusing a 20% cut is understandable as we don't know their personal circumstances.

I also think it's reasonable for the club to tell the fans about it. Otherwise, as usual with Clyde fans, it would be replaced with speculation and rumour.

Chucked in "Very" for you...

Otherwise in a nutshell [emoji122]

Not surprised the club is struggling to make ends meet. Was difficult before any of this. I suspect most clubs will be in exactly the same position unfortunately. 

if fans can afford it, donating to the club could be the difference between having a club and not having one. Many won’t be in a position to do so of course. I donated something recently, not huge but it’s what I could do at the time. I’m in the fortunate position that my job is secure and while I’m working from home I’m saving money on commuting. Also not going out an all. I should therefore be able to make further donations. Only noting this to explain a rationale for setting money aside for donation as many won’t have budgeted for doing so. Easier to justify when you look at this in that way. Sometimes justification is necessary (eg. Explaining to your partner if it’s coming from the joint household budget !). 
Difficult and worrying times. 

Difficult to blame players for not accepting cuts btw when nobody knows personal circumstances. At least the club should be able to claim back 80% of their pay. 

16 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Hanging the players out to dry like that is just fucking ridiculous! 

What, you think it is legit for them to insist that their employer pays out with no income.  At the same time the club has to ask normal punters, like you and me, to pay our ST, become owners, join the fund AND make extra donations? Where do they think the money comes from ffs?

I don't know if I really get this as I thought for most, their part time Clyde wage, would be secondary to their full time job.  

I guess many other clubs will be in similar situations. Thank the big man upstairs for Feb's Celtic game!

I don’t think the players have been hung out to dry at all, it is slightly disappointing they wouldn’t take the drop but equally understand they still have a mortgage/rent, bills to pay. 

The club have given us all the information they have it seems, something they’ve been criticised for previously. 

On 07/04/2020 at 22:53, shawfield shed boy said:

Transaction fees .. enough said

Good luck to him "elsewhere"

Sorry have just noticed this reply so wanted to confirm something.

Transaction fees are standard everywhere, they're not from me, they're from PayPal and Stripe. Even the donations you are making on the Clyde official website have transaction fees.

This is a non-profit from me. I've paid my own money for the site and I'm not planning on making a penny out of it.  If you don't want to use it fine, but please don't bad mouth me on a public forum making out that I'm profiting from this.

On 07/04/2020 at 16:29, BroadwoodBoy said:

I've donated directly to the club rather than using this initiative. The initiative is something a bit different & any funds raised through this platform also benefit the clubs involved. Quick question though... do the clubs just receive the money or does 'DonateATicket' effectively buy the number of tickets listed for the club to offer out to locals for free once the football season returns?

There's no actual tickets, they're all virtual tickets. So once a donation is made I distribute the money to the club as and when they wish to be paid. Currently it's every Wednesday.

I completely understand that clubs wish to use standard fundraising pages and it makes no difference to me since the project is  non-profit. What's been good with Donate a Ticket compared to the fundraising pages is the email retargeting. I send a weekly email out to all donors encouraging them to come back and 'donate a ticket'. This has been very effective, even today that one email brought in another £500 for various clubs.

Name please of trialist. Played at Firhill either v Accies or Partick under Maitland. One game

Midfielder or central defender

Records show Mols but im thinking of another player ex Dundee Utd i think

Annoying me

Must be very worrying for you. (As well as other matters)

Must be very worrying for you. (As well as other matters)

Utter dafty and weirdo to boot.. Your family must be proud.. 

First and last time im replying to you, take the hint..

Complete odd ball and posts to back it up..

Thankfully for both of us i dont know you..

YGBD

Hanging the players out to dry like that is just fucking ridiculous! 

They are not currently playing, with no prospect of doing so anytime soon yet are unwilling to take a 20% cut on their second job to help safeguard the future of the club. f**k the players there is a bigger picture here.

Utter dafty and weirdo to boot.. Your family must be proud.. First and last time im replying to you, take the hint..

Complete odd ball and posts to back it up..

Thankfully for both of us i dont know you..

YGBD

You do know me.

We have met at a number of games. We have exchanged handshakes and have acquaintances in common.

I do think it’s a bit rich for you to comment on my posts to back up your description of me as an odd ball.

Do you actually read your posts before pressing the submit/send/reply button when you are on either this platform or Facebook?

2 hours ago, maxruby said:

You do know me.

We have met at a number of games. We have exchanged handshakes and have acquaintances in common.

I do think it’s a bit rich for you to comment on my posts to back up your description of me as an odd ball.

Do you actually read your posts before pressing the submit/send/reply button when you are on either this platform or Facebook?

Play nice now!