Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

3 hours ago, haufdaft said:

It's be interested in other Clyde fans perspective on the suspension of the league.

Are we in a better position than other clubs to withstand any financial impact due to the Celtic money? I really don't know

Will you want a refund on the balance of your season ticket if the league doesn't finish? No

What's your opinion on what should happen now? I'd say, just end the season now and call the 19/20 league void.

I would say the campaign has to finish. Even if means a delay to the start of next campaign. However when that may be is anyones guess given what different time frames we're hearing for the peak of coronavirus. John Rankin was on BBC briefly last night and said in his opinion the season has to be completed too.

We timed the Celtic tie and Glasgow branch race night well in hindsight anyway from a financial perspective.

The season surely has to be completed, even if it’s into late summer with next season starting late and perhaps being shortened to, say, 27 games (play each team 3 times). 
It would require short term changes to transfer windows, contract extensions and the like so that no team was advantaged or disadvantaged by the enforced break by either gaining or losing players. But surely do-able ? 
A lot will depend on how long this goes on for though. 
I certainly wouldn’t expect a part refund on my season ticket if the season was canned though. 

37 minutes ago, sydney said:

The season surely has to be completed, even if it’s into late summer with next season starting late and perhaps being shortened to, say, 27 games (play each team 3 times). 
It would require short term changes to transfer windows, contract extensions and the like so that no team was advantaged or disadvantaged by the enforced break by either gaining or losing players. But surely do-able ? 
A lot will depend on how long this goes on for though. 
I certainly wouldn’t expect a part refund on my season ticket if the season was canned though. 

Only 8 games left to play too. Whenever we're good to go again, play Sat/Tues it would take maybe 6 weeks max to complete the season when you take relegation/promotion play offs into it.

Edited by C. Muir

Only 8 games left to play too. Whenever we're good to go again, play Sat/Tues it would take maybe 6 weeks max to complete the season when you take relegation/promotion play offs into it.
Reading this morning that the shutdown may reach into September.
Whatever happens it will have to be drastic measures to deal with the issue..
My opinion is that voiding this season and redistributing prize monies allows a faster return to normality.

I'm worried that even with the Celtic money it'll be very difficult for Clyde. For teams without a similar windfall it'll be practically impossible to survive.

24 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Reading this morning that the shutdown may reach into September.
Whatever happens it will have to be drastic measures to deal with the issue..
My opinion is that voiding this season and redistributing prize monies allows a faster return to normality.

I'm worried that even with the Celtic money it'll be very difficult for Clyde. For teams without a similar windfall it'll be practically impossible to survive.

Not saying it will help teams survive as such but with no games being played, players will only be getting a basic wage and no clauses that might be in their contracts such as appearance fees or goals/win bonuses. Only a small consolation though and clubs will still be down with no income so maybe your suggestion of redistributing prize money is the only option to ensure survival for all clubs unless fans of each club come up with some sort of fundraising idea. Just don't want to a see a season that's nearly finished voided completely. Whatever happens, it will open several cans of worms. Going back to my earlier point on contract clauses, do clubs who pay players clauses ask for them back if their appearances/goals etc are no longer on record? :lol:

Certainly wouldn't want to be the guys who make the final decision as there will be majorities that don't agree with it whatever it ends up being.

Edited by C. Muir

The season has to be finished, you can’t just void a season 3 quarters of the way through.

All these articles about not playing until August/September is just guesswork and a shock story to get clicks. 

Wait a few weeks and keep assessing the situation throughout as it goes. 

Hopefully the Euros are postponed to next year and we can the season finished in the summer. Might need to play less games next season or ditch the league cup to get us back on track. Would be like groundhog day if the season is void, playing the exact same teams.

Think we are in slightly a better position, financially, with the Celtic game and 3 home games in a row just before the shut down. However two of the remaining home games were against Airdrie and Raith both of which would have been good crowds.

The SPFL don't have any cash reserves but surely they could pay out what the 10th place team is due to all teams in the league. Would help clubs to keep going.

Really can't see anyone asking for a refund for their season ticket.

47 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

The season has to be finished, you can’t just void a season 3 quarters of the way through.

All these articles about not playing until August/September is just guesswork and a shock story to get clicks. 

Wait a few weeks and keep assessing the situation throughout as it goes. 

Would probably be about right if the peak is in June, the authorities would need to assess case numbers over a period to determine when/if the league is restarted. The league and biscuit cups could be binned for a year to make up for any overrun or late starting.

If a vaccine isn't found, I'd guess this could happen.  All the major tournaments including the Euros will get delayed a year, especially with big players like Italy and Spain being badly affected by it.   The Gvmt seem to be adopting the idea of herd immunity to make sure it can't return in the future.  That relies on around 60% of the population catching it.  But they can't have that peaking all at once due to the effect it would have on NHS etc, so they're looking to stagger it over time.

On that basis they'll actually want to relax the ban on large gatherings because they need this to happen.  They reckon we're 3 - 4 weeks behind Italy, so a ban now I assume is designed to lessen that first impact.   The initial thinking was a major peak May / June, but if they handle this correctly it shouldn't be as extreme as first thought.  So with these things combined I could see a situation the season re-starts around late April or May, played to a conclusion and of course at that time of year they're also hoping warmer weather reduces the severity.   Just a guess obviously, but could see something like that being the case.

1 hour ago, lutoncobbler said:

Looks like my plans have been scuppered. Having followed Clyde's fortunes for 45 years I'd finally planned on getting to a game - Forfar at home on April 4th. Flights and accommodation booked. Sometimes things just aren't meant to be

We’ve a similar experience. Few of us booked up for our annual football trip to Germany but pretty unlikely to happen now. Minor inconvenience in the whole scheme of things though. 

1 hour ago, sydney said:

We’ve a similar experience. Few of us booked up for our annual football trip to Germany but pretty unlikely to happen now. Minor inconvenience in the whole scheme of things though. 

Sydney, who do you use to source match tickets? People like Viagogo just rip you off, but I would not want to buy hotels and flights and then be scrabbling for match tickets when I got there?

8 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Sydney, who do you use to source match tickets? People like Viagogo just rip you off, but I would not want to buy hotels and flights and then be scrabbling for match tickets when I got there?

Just register directly on club sites and then buy direct on line when tickets released. Most clubs supply print at home tickets so it’s easy. 
Most sites have English versions although some haven’t which is when good old Google Translate comes in handy ! 

Edited by sydney
More info

17 minutes ago, sydney said:

Just register directly on club sites and then buy direct on line when tickets released. Most clubs supply print at home tickets so it’s easy. 
Most sites have English versions although some haven’t which is when good old Google Translate comes in handy ! 

Cheers. My old route to tickets for Bayern and 1860 is no longer...……………..I fancy a trip to Schalke, Dortmund or BMG

2 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Cheers. My old route to tickets for Bayern and 1860 is no longer...……………..I fancy a trip to Schalke, Dortmund or BMG

Dortmund tickets not easy to come by, simply due to the shear number of club members. 
Some other places worth a visit that are easier to get tickets for. 

17 hours ago, sydney said:

Yes indeed. After all this time a few more months won't hurt. 

14 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Give me a shout if you want BMG tickets. I'm a member so I can get them on pre-sale 👍

Thanks for the offer.

Youngest was supposed to be going on a school trip to play Spanish school and see Real or Athletico. All binned now and as he is 6th year he won't get another opportunity, so looking for a back-up trip for next season.

12 hours ago, sydney said:

Dortmund tickets not easy to come by, simply due to the shear number of club members. 
Some other places worth a visit that are easier to get tickets for. 

Yeah Dortmund is pretty busy but they do offer 'packaged trips'. TBH they have a great atmosphere but probably my least favourite choice as I can't get over the colours - pathetic.🙈