Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

3 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

I'm thinking about heading along to the game on tuesday after work. How easy is it to get to broadwood from Croy station? I've only ever been there in a car before so any help gratefully received 

It's not too bad, 15 minute walk door to door. 

I'm thinking about heading along to the game on tuesday after work. How easy is it to get to broadwood from Croy station? I've only ever been there in a car before so any help gratefully received 
Quite easy. Pretty sure there's a new path up to the gym so that might make it shorter. 20 min walk maybe.

Directions on the club website, top bar , click on “ Getting here “

A taxi would cost a couple of quid if you didn't fancy walking it. 01236 722772 is one of the better taxi firms in the area.

Hi would anyone on this thread be able to help me. My uncle Gordon Hamilton who captained Clyde under Craig Brown has recently been diagnosed with dementia and last week he had a heart attack. He loves talking about his football career and any pictures that anyone could share would helps us talk about it with him. Thanks in advance, Gary

1 hour ago, Gary Hamilton said:

Hi would anyone on this thread be able to help me. My uncle Gordon Hamilton who captained Clyde under Craig Brown has recently been diagnosed with dementia and last week he had a heart attack. He loves talking about his football career and any pictures that anyone could share would helps us talk about it with him. Thanks in advance, Gary

I think you would be best speaking to club historian @sydney about this hopefully he will be able to help.

6 hours ago, Gary Hamilton said:

Sorry to hear this Gary. I was at School when your uncle signed at the same day as Neil Hood. Gordon was as hard as nails on the pitch but an absolute gentleman off it. I mean it!

If I remember correctly, he ran an ice cream van while playing for us...that made me laugh. I met him a few years later and had pint with him in the Jean Armour in Shawlands.

Sporting memories is a dementia charity that does great work in sporting reminiscence with those living with dementia. Give them a shout. It could be good for Gordon's carers too.

https://www.sportingmemoriesnetwork.com/

Sorry to hear this Gary. I was at School when your uncle signed at the same day as Neil Hood. Gordon was as hard as nails on the pitch but an absolute gentleman off it. I mean it!
If I remember correctly, he ran an ice cream van while playing for us...that made me laugh. I met him a few years later and had pint with him in the Jean Armour in Shawlands.
Sporting memories is a dementia charity that does great work in sporting reminiscence with those living with dementia. Give them a shout. It could be good for Gordon's carers too.

Thanks

Thanks for all the messages and thanks to Syd, Neil Hood has been in touch with me and a number of other people have sent messages
Came on here to see what Clyde fans were saying about our game tonight, but was drawn to this.

We've a really good community engagement programme at Montrose and while I know this is a little out of date it's still a good video.

You can contact the Links Park Community Trust on 01674 677582 or projects@montrosect.org.uk They've recently done a couple of 'golfing memories' sessions as well, so might have resources they'd be able to share or point you in the direction of [emoji106]

On 02/03/2020 at 00:12, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

FFS not heard of that place (The Jeanie) in years, used to be jumping late 80's early 90's 

On 06/01/2020 at 17:34, sydney said:

Getting away from point scoring and arguing about stuff that’s been done to death by people that have clearly got nothing better to do in their lives, I’ve just read that Danny Masterton has passed away. Great goalscorer in his days at Clyde in the 80s. Was at Broadwood not that long ago. 

2 months later, The Herald gets round to doing an obit for him. Loved watching him playing the classic Number 9 moochers role. Different class

Enjoyed a fantastic day of football at Broadwood on Saturday. 

I firstly watched your U21s who, may i add were absolutely fantastic, some of their play was marvelous and brilliant to watch. Their performance was then matched by the first team inside the stadium. There impressive turnaround has been fantastic. I think the additions of Livingstone & Cunningham have been brilliant from what i seen on Saturday. 

Well done to all at Clyde, great club. 

Wish you guys all the best for the season. 

On 07/03/2020 at 16:00, When Reallity Kicks In said:

2 months later, The Herald gets round to doing an obit for him. Loved watching him playing the classic Number 9 moochers role. Different class

Nice tribute to a player who seems to have been well liked and respected.  I remember him saving his best performances for playing (and usually scoring) against Thistle.