Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

What makes you so sure of that? Not having a go. Genuinely interested.
We've already played Celtic twice in the Scottish Cup at Broadwood and neither time have we been able to sell out the home stand. Our average attendance is also down a fair bit compared to the two times we've played Celtic.

8 minutes ago, Domino the Dug said:

Is there a need for the undertone? Or has this been brewing a while and you've at last 'caught me out'? This doesn't end well for lackeys, i'm still here. Many others are not. 

Half the stand, factually? Facts? They had a third. Me, my dad and our guest were plonked behind the Celtic dugout, to the left of the tunnel by that time, because we were abroad during the sale and simply couldn't request our normal seats. So no, they didn't have 'half'. Three unused Clyde squad players sat beside us. My dad is also in 90% of the on field photos because a steward invited him to join the three players with five minutes to go, thinking he was Robert Harris's father instead, and Strachan moved out his way to let them past. Touch of class, imo.

And i'll have any pop at Thistle that i wish to. 

No undertone intended and I don't have a clue who you are so I have no interest in "catching you out".

The fact checking was purely in respect of your statement that no Clyde fan would need to move their seats.

The fact is that I and others around me did not have access to our usual seats under the previous arrangements,  so if we apply the same this time then we will have to move our seats.

Pop away at Thistle to your hearts content.

8 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Just dont think weve got a big enough core support in general mate. Even if some of us were to bring a pal along we still wouldnt fill it imo. Think we would max out about 2k mark.

22 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

If this helps club for next few years perhaps even to build a squad fit for the championship i.d sit on a rust bucket..

Cant believe some ppl moaning about getting shifted off their seat..

Deary me

If that was aimed at me, I wasn't moaning about moving my seat, merely pointing that it had  happened.

If rearranged seating means more money in the coffers then I have no problem with it, as long as I get a seat.

Not so sure about a rusty bucket though.:)

14 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
17 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

We've already played Celtic twice in the Scottish Cup at Broadwood and neither time have we been able to sell out the home stand. Our average attendance is also down a fair bit compared to the two times we've played Celtic.

Yes but we didn't try to sell out the stand to Clyde fans. It wasn't an option.

10 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Just dont think weve got a big enough core support in general mate. Even if some of us were to bring a pal along we still wouldnt fill it imo. Think we would max out about 2k mark.

You're probably right. I think we could do it but there would be a lot of pressure on us individually to convince at least 2-3 pals to come along. 

9 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Accies Vs Edinburgh was the biggest embarrassment attendance wise this weekend. A bawhair over 1000.

Accies and Livi's home crowds are piss poor.

Worth saying that a good number of our fans pissed off to Broxburn v St Mirren, a couple of teachers from the local schools play for Broxburn and they turned out in support.

10 hours ago, LiviClyde said:

No undertone intended and I don't have a clue who you are so I have no interest in "catching you out".

The fact checking was purely in respect of your statement that no Clyde fan would need to move their seats.

The fact is that I and others around me did not have access to our usual seats under the previous arrangements,  so if we apply the same this time then we will have to move our seats.

Pop away at Thistle to your hearts content.

I unreservedly apologise, i went a bit off the pier. 

After probably the best newsweek the club's had in years, i'm just overly cautious that these things never last, and Clyde fans having fun seems to annoy other Clyde fans more than anything else! I got this wrong.

2 hours ago, Domino the Dug said:

I unreservedly apologise, i went a bit off the pier. 

After probably the best newsweek the club's had in years, i'm just overly cautious that these things never last, and Clyde fans having fun seems to annoy other Clyde fans more than anything else! I got this wrong.

No problem. I'm old enough and thick skinned enough not to take any kind of offence from posts on football forums.

It's too easy to misinterpret the written word.

Let's just get on with enjoying the upturn in our fortunes while it lasts.

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Worth saying that a good number of our fans pissed off to Broxburn v St Mirren, a couple of teachers from the local schools play for Broxburn and they turned out in support.

That's a bit strange.

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

You can't be serious!! I never had 'virtuous' among the traits of Accies supporters, but you're saying that two local teachers, at schools with likely 95% Old Firm fans, swept half a dozen kids and parents away from NDP alongwith the rest of the school, reducing the crowd so heavily??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

For all Hamilton's efforts in the community, freebies etc, we pulled more for the L2 final (admittedly with freebies of our own) than you had for a relegation/playoff decider played at the exact same time! 

If there's a wedding on the 9th of February, you're fucked!

While the hysteria of the weekend is still very much at the forefront of my mind. We are (league-wise) still in a somewhat precarious posistion. Big two games coming up which are winnable. Really hope we can take 6 points pre Airdrie, Raith and Falkirk to end February.

Edited by TheBigGuy

40 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

While the hysteria of the weekend is still very much at the forefront of my mind. We are (league-wise) still in a somewhat precarious posistion. Big two games coming up which are winnable. Really hope we can take 6 points pre Airdrie, Raith and Falkirk to end February.

TBG, tbf....or is it Tbf, TBG...

Yes, we are. But we're armed with better depth in Lang at Cb, and higher creativity in Wylde over (the most welcome) graft of Love/Smith which can now be even used effectively playing off Goodie, with Syvertsen perhaps adding to that soon too, should we not secure another central midfielder before the month's end. And the Davids at each end, now happy and settled, are worth a goal each per game. No one else in the division has upgraded or settled their team, in that manner. 

I think we can nick 4th. 

Edited by Domino the Dug

7 minutes ago, Domino the Dug said:

TBG, tbf....or is it Tbf, TBG...

Yes, we are. But we're armed with better depth in Lang at Cb, and higher creativity in Wylde over (the most welcome) graft of Love/Smith which can now be even used effectively playing off Goodie, with Syvertsen perhaps adding to that soon too, should we not secure another central midfielder before the month's end. And the Davids at each end, now happy and settled, are worth a goal each per game. No one else in the division has upgraded or settled their team, in that manner. 

I think we can nick 4th. 

Further to this, having seen it in action on Saturday, and been its biggest champion based on squad composition, the back three idea can get itself in the bin. We lack the central midfield general needed to protect  a three, which isnt as crucial when playing either a tight or pendulating four. Thank christ we learnt it on Saturday.

4 hours ago, Domino the Dug said:

Further to this, having seen it in action on Saturday, and been its biggest champion based on squad composition, the back three idea can get itself in the bin. We lack the central midfield general needed to protect  a three, which isnt as crucial when playing either a tight or pendulating four. Thank christ we learnt it on Saturday.

FFS- you’ve been banging on about a back 3 since forever- fickle or what?

lol

Ally Love on the OS.

“It's a great result," he said. "We knew how difficult it was going to be going from the stats before the game. It's a difficult venue with a heavy park - it was like running on quicksand at times - but we dug deep.” Tremendous!

14 hours ago, HughieMc said:

FFS- you’ve been banging on about a back 3 since forever- fickle or what?

lol

Absolutely fickle, you bet. 

I'd rather an out-of place left back, tucking in as part of a four, than a completely missing-in-action midfield having to supply two wingers AND two strikers. Top-heavy, and it's not just Saturday, no natural general has emerged, to the point i'd call it the next-priority position ahead of left-back itself. The selection availability hasn't been kind lately, but neither McStay or Lamont have cemented anything yet when playing every week. And it's not Rankin's game either. 

1 hour ago, Domino the Dug said:

Absolutely fickle, you bet. 

I'd rather an out-of place left back, tucking in as part of a four, than a completely missing-in-action midfield having to supply two wingers AND two strikers. Top-heavy, and it's not just Saturday, no natural general has emerged, to the point i'd call it the next-priority position ahead of left-back itself. The selection availability hasn't been kind lately, but neither McStay or Lamont have cemented anything yet when playing every week. And it's not Rankin's game either. 

If we had said midfield general pulling it all together and our 3 CB’s all fit- I’d like us to go 3 5 2