Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

27 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Would be amazed if this ain't televised by either BBC or Premier Sports. Not only because it's Celtic but given the last time we met at Broadwood.

I hope we don't give too many tickets to Celtic. I know either way, it's going to be more like a home game for them in terms of numbers but I think we could probably attract somewhere between 2000-3000 Clyde fans for this. I also hope we're strict with the Clyde section and don't allow any renegade Celtic fans in among our support. Seem to remember quite a few were in our section last time.

Behave. 

We'll get half the main stand and the rest will be a sea of emerald coloured madness. 

38 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

We thinking TV will cover this tie surely

Bsc possibly might get shown but their playing opposition who were live today and cant see DU or Hibs getting a live game again..

Possible only danger is Arbroath/Falkirk v Hearts for tv money

Bring in on!

No one in Southern Ireland, where Premier broadcasts from, gives a f**k about Falkirk or Hearts. Saturday, 5.30pm kickoff. Guaranteed.

No one in Southern Ireland, where Premier broadcasts from, gives a f**k about Falkirk or Hearts. Saturday, 5.30pm kickoff. Guaranteed.

Thanks Dug 

Wasnt aware premier covered their fixtures in cup

Just hope they pay something like Sky. Get the feeling alba would pay more.

Premier sports just sounds shite [emoji1]

8 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Thanks Dug

Wasnt aware premier covered their fixtures in cup

Just hope they pay something like Sky. Get the feeling alba would pay more emoji1.png

I'm unsure of that, but Premier have covered four Celtic games in two years with Saturday teatime kickoffs, and given that Rangers v Stranraer was broadcast on it on Friday, its clear what their interest is!

The old standard 80k telly fee is surely built into the broadcasting contract? A massive part of any package, surely. Perhaps increased with inflation, we've no been on Sky/alternative in a Cup since Dundee Utd in 2008. Think we're looking at £130,000 clear profit here, and that's IF we lose. 

Also, as an aside, no Clyde supporter is going to be moved from their seat, unlike the hearse-chasing filth across the city. Happy days. 

Much needed payday for us. Tickets probably be in the region of £20 at a capacity of 8000. Take costs of that and Celtics share we're probably looking at about 70-75 thousand just from gate reciepts. Never mind the TV money if we get the pick which I'd presume we would. 

On their day this group of players can beat anyone. I'm sure they'll give it a right good battle! 

Mon the bully wee

16 minutes ago, Domino the Dug said:

I'm unsure of that, but Premier have covered four Celtic games in two years with Saturday teatime kickoffs, and given that Rangers v Stranraer was broadcast on it on Friday, its clear what their interest is!

The old standard 80k telly fee is surely built into the broadcasting contract? A massive part of any package, surely. Perhaps increased with inflation, we've no been on Sky/alternative in a Cup since Dundee Utd in 2008. Think we're looking at £130,000 clear profit here, and that's IF we lose. 

Also, as an aside, no Clyde supporter is going to be moved from their seat, unlike the hearse-chasing filth across the city. Happy days. 

If we give them half the main stand, then I'll be moved from my seat, as I was both previous Celtic games, so you might want to check your facts.

A prudent average of £12 per attendee less stewarding costs would likely put us at around £40k, after it had been split. No idea about the TV broadcast fee but I think it's reasonable to expect that our win yesterday will earn us £100k, all-in. An away tie would have been the dream as far as finances go but this a great draw for us, a very welcome and substantial financial boost.

Edited by the_bully_wee

13 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

If we give them half the main stand, then I'll be moved from my seat, as I was both previous Celtic games, so you might want to check your facts.

Is there a need for the undertone? Or has this been brewing a while and you've at last 'caught me out'? This doesn't end well for lackeys, i'm still here. Many others are not. 

Half the stand, factually? Facts? They had a third. Me, my dad and our guest were plonked behind the Celtic dugout, to the left of the tunnel by that time, because we were abroad during the sale and simply couldn't request our normal seats. So no, they didn't have 'half'. Three unused Clyde squad players sat beside us. My dad is also in 90% of the on field photos because a steward invited him to join the three players with five minutes to go, thinking he was Robert Harris's father instead, and Strachan moved out his way to let them past. Touch of class, imo.

And i'll have any pop at Thistle that i wish to. 

Edited by Domino the Dug

3 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Just over 2000 I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong

I'm not a Clyde fan, and have only been to Cumbernauld once. However if the ground's capacity is 8,000, and there are three stands, I'd expect the main stand to hold at least 3,000 assuming the one behind the goal is smaller than the others.

Could we not fill the main stand and give Celtic the rest? I just wonder how many Clyde minded people exist these days. The kind of person who still checks our results but rarely attends Broadwood (for whatever reason) but could be tempted for what is a glamour cup tie. Assuming pricing is sensible etc.

*Edited to add*

For example, I know of around 5 people who would be interested in this who don't normally go to games. They're not Clyde fans as such (nor are they Celtic fans before you ask!) but they go to the odd game and would definitely go along to this if tickets were made available in the Clyde end. I'm sure there are many others out there in a similar situation.

Edited by RutherGlen

4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Home stand is around 3,000. Would expect will be the same as last time and we'll have 2/3rd home stand and rest of stadium will be Celtic.

Other problem with this scenario is that a section of seating will probably be lost due to segregation. Not many perhaps but we need every penny we can squeeze out of this!