Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

14 minutes ago, HughieMc said:

Danny absolutely never plays a back 3- you honestly think he’ll risk doing it for the first time in a must not lose match?

All 3 CB’s you mention are right footed- imbalanced? Howie would certainly not be on the left side as his improvement since flicking to Rumsby’s right has been huge...... 

Interesting situation

Very much so. The only thing i'm unsure of is if Cuddihy is available or not to play Rwb, which for me, he would. 

Lang played 'left' of Rumsby from January onwards, and if as expected we are on top in possession, he and whichever of the other two are 'right' would invariably become part of build-up play. 

It's far from a long-term strategy, merely a solution to get us by tomorrow and see where we go. But the failings until now (that IS what they are, esp against teams around us) need rectified somehow.

Just now, TamClyde said:

Don't think Howie will be risked tomorrow having just back from I jury. Lang and rumsby at back with mcniff at lb and who knows at RB  - Lyons probably. 

Cuddihy available as the suspension not for Cup-

if we do play 3 at back- wonder who the Left w/B would be- assuming Cuddihy on the right 

Just now, HughieMc said:

if we do play 3 at back- wonder who the Left w/B would be- assuming Cuddihy on the right 

Mcniff no other choice sadly. He gives it everything he's just not good enough at lb

6 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Hes an attacking player and would be wasted there. Just like John Brown wasted Pat Clarke at right wing back when he was one of the best strikers in the league.

To be fair- I’d be happier with Wylde further forward pinging balls in to Goodie

44 minutes ago, HughieMc said:

Wylde or Ally Love, would be my personal choice. 

43 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Mcniff no other choice sadly. He gives it everything he's just not good enough at lb

Why invite trouble with an inferior player, especially in a defensive area of the pitch? 

The inclusion of Wylde, as a skilled technician, on the left of midfield would surely assist in us being perhaps more able to dominate possession in aggressive spaces, forcing teams (starting with this mob tomorrow) to withdraw players away from pressurising our three man backline, instead of having them pick on an inferior choice of left-back. Just do away with the position until we get a proper one in.

Starter off a little shaky but the while defence was rotten at the start of the season. Hes been immense the last few months.

He has been a big miss for us this season. Was always going to go on and do well at a higher level. He may well push on to a higher level again. Glad he is showing the form he showed at ek for a few seasons.

1 hour ago, johnmc80 said:

He has been a big miss for us this season. Was always going to go on and do well at a higher level. He may well push on to a higher level again. Glad he is showing the form he showed at ek for a few seasons.

Glad we took him on a 2 year deal as I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a bit of interest. 

9 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Outstanding news. Well done all.

Loves the orange order, tax breaks for  the rich, the union and the tories - oh and a sex pest.  Good stuff.

Oh did I miss out sitting on a board, watching a club build up massive debts and saying nothing to do with me.   

Loser

1 minute ago, Hammyton said:

Loves the orange order, tax breaks for  the rich, the union and the tories - oh and a sex pest.  Good stuff.

Oh did I miss out sitting on a board, watching a club build up massive debts and saying nothing to do with me.   

Loser

Your obsession with this thread is unhealthy.