Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Just need Goodie on a 10 year deal now

You could get yer wish but surely that'd cost a mint!

Is a long lucrative contract with the associated financial pressure worth it? Even if it was only for half those years? 😉

Edited by Scottydog

1 hour ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Heard on one of these football podcasts that he is coming. Hopefully it comes to fruition as been waiting for Beerman after reports he was spotted at the new Aldi but that hasn't quite worked out.

Two things necessary for humour. Being funny and original. Give it a go.

10 minutes ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated. Much better than the political drivel.

Seven people greenied it so some thought it worth noting. Maybe too deep for you, so I'll try to dumb down my input going forward & stick to jokes about some player seen somewhere in Cumbernauld.. Hours and hours of fun coming up. 

35 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Pitch inspection tomorrow 9am...

Weather showing temps not going below 2° overnight and no rain expected... Not really fancying 2 games off in 2 weeks for the sake of maths sharpness etc

We're not paying the players to fanny around with calculators, we have enough of those elsewhere throughout the club.  I'm more concerned with our players physical condition.

Would be nice if people refrained from indulging our support's version of a 65 year old Greta Thunberg. Again, we have enough of those already!

Gritters out and about all over Central belt today, could be dicey tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Domino the Dug said:

We're not paying the players to fanny around with calculators, we have enough of those elsewhere throughout the club.  I'm more concerned with our players physical condition.

Would be nice if people refrained from indulging our support's version of a 65 year old Greta Thunberg. Again, we have enough of those already!

Gritters out and about all over Central belt today, could be dicey tomorrow.

Excuse the autocorrect ahahah

BBC weather showing lowest temp is 2° overnight. 

Provided we get the go-ahead in the face of these terrifyingly moderate overnight weather conditions, and taking into account the nature of the pitch, our opponents, our new additions,  and our utter failure in succesfully negotiating these games recently whatsoever when going with our 'usual' preparations, layout and playing style, i think a radical alteration is staring us, and hopefully Danny Lennon too, in the face. 

Having no left-back all season has killed us, the inconsistency of form and selection at right-back has unbalanced us further. We've recruited well, and any ideas of Howie or Rumsby dropping out, particularly tomorrow, to shoehorn Tom Lang into defence, (looking FIRMLY at you, Haufdaft!) should be seen and treated as nonsense.

It's very simple. He should play alongside them. 

I dont normally go for 'tight pitch' this, or 'man the barricades' that, but in the face of our lack of genuine full-backs, the signing of a versatile wide player, and the lack of support Goodwillie receives when wingers spend 70 minutes covering, a back three is a must. 

Smith looked able at RWB against Stranraer, arguably his most industrious performance so far. I'd gamble him or Johnston in this role, with the other playing off to the right of DG. Grant and Wallace/Lamont simply need to man up and get stuck in regardless of how we line up anyway, back three or four. Wylde and Love can partner on the left simpatico with DS and CJ on the right, in a classic old 3-4-3 from the days of Maitland. 

Get intae thum.

11 minutes ago, Domino the Dug said:

Provided we get the go-ahead in the face of these terrifyingly moderate overnight weather conditions, and taking into account the nature of the pitch, our opponents, our new additions,  and our utter failure in succesfully negotiating these games recently whatsoever when going with our 'usual' preparations, layout and playing style, i think a radical alteration is staring us, and hopefully Danny Lennon too, in the face. 

Having no left-back all season has killed us, the inconsistency of form and selection at right-back has unbalanced us further. We've recruited well, and any ideas of Howie or Rumsby dropping out, particularly tomorrow, to shoehorn Tom Lang into defence, (looking FIRMLY at you, Haufdaft!) should be seen and treated as nonsense.

It's very simple. He should play alongside them. 

I dont normally go for 'tight pitch' this, or 'man the barricades' that, but in the face of our lack of genuine full-backs, the signing of a versatile wide player, and the lack of support Goodwillie receives when wingers spend 70 minutes covering, a back three is a must. 

Smith looked able at RWB against Stranraer, arguably his most industrious performance so far. I'd gamble him or Johnston in this role, with the other playing off to the right of DG. Grant and Wallace/Lamont simply need to man up and get stuck in regardless of how we line up anyway, back three or four. Wylde and Love can partner on the left simpatico with DS and CJ on the right, in a classic old 3-4-3 from the days of Maitland. 

Get intae thum.

Danny absolutely never plays a back 3- you honestly think he’ll risk doing it for the first time in a must not lose match?

All 3 CB’s you mention are right footed- imbalanced? Howie would certainly not be on the left side as his improvement since flicking to Rumsby’s right has been huge...... 

Interesting situation