Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

16 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

In all seriousness, if Goodie does leave to go to Falkirk then he goes with my best wishes and a massive gratitude of thanks. 

Maybe not the move I would pick for him personally but it's a good opportunity for him to get back to the level he belongs. We've been blessed for nearly 3 seasons and we've been lucky to have him. 

Either way, I'll be fucking gutted if he does go, probably the best player I've personally witnessed in a Clyde shirt. 

As Falkirk and Clyde are playing in the same division it could be said that he is already in the level in which he belongs.

I don't know how representative of the larger support posters on the Falkirk thread are, but there certainly comes across a feeling that he is not wanted despite his goals.

Heard on here Falkirk were expecting to announce goody this morning nothing said now so probably just rumors again. Would love to see him pen a new deal with us but completely understand and respects him if he were to move on to better his career he's got potential to play at a higher level. He is a huge asset to the club and would hate to lose him if he were to go if at least hope we get a wee bit of money - his boots are too big to fill!

Club want to keep Goodwillie but i would imagine it obviously boils down to what the player wants and what we can afford. If both parties well apart i would think club would sell him (My opinion) ..

DD has been a wonderful servant to club. I.ll be sad to see him go and hope one day he returns as a supporter.

2 hours ago, clyde_darren said:

Hoping all these Goodwillie rumours are rubbish but either way we still need to get some signings in, hopefully we’ll have a few guys lined up to come in for Saturday as the squad is already very short on numbers.

Where on Earth have the rumours about Goodie going to Falkirk come from? Anyone know?

1 minute ago, TheBigGuy said:

Only had 4 listed subs (Inc Danny Lennon) up at Balmoor.

The boy McNeil has been attracting interest, I've heard from someone I know who is close with him that Hamilton are looking at him. Why would Clyde not? 

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Just read Chris Duggan has been released by East Fife. I'd take him to partner Goodie (if hes staying) up top.

If Goodie goes get Duggan and Kouider-Aissa from QP who will fire us to the playoffs...

:lol:

I don't think you can afford the fare.

https://eastfifefc.info/latest-news/745-duggan-heading-down-under

Edited by Zen Archer Esq.