Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

From what I have heard Danny has identified 4 targets he would like to bring in in January, One is that striker from QP the rest I don’t know.

hopefully get Perkov till the end of the season and even get him signed up for good, young guy with lots of potential 

Rumours abound within our neighbours in Falkirk’s thread that Goodwillie is signing for them tomorrow. If true, I’ll console myself that the transfer fee we receive (and the wages freed up) could, and must, be used to bring in a couple of decent players for the team.

In all seriousness, if Goodie does leave to go to Falkirk then he goes with my best wishes and a massive gratitude of thanks. 

Maybe not the move I would pick for him personally but it's a good opportunity for him to get back to the level he belongs. We've been blessed for nearly 3 seasons and we've been lucky to have him. 

Either way, I'll be fucking gutted if he does go, probably the best player I've personally witnessed in a Clyde shirt. 

55 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

In all seriousness, if Goodie does leave to go to Falkirk then he goes with my best wishes and a massive gratitude of thanks. 

Maybe not the move I would pick for him personally but it's a good opportunity for him to get back to the level he belongs. We've been blessed for nearly 3 seasons and we've been lucky to have him. 

Either way, I'll be fucking gutted if he does go, probably the best player I've personally witnessed in a Clyde shirt. 

This 100% 👏

1 hour ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Don't know if I'd be counting chickens. DGW has been an exceptional Clyde player, albeit at the lowest level of SPFL, but Falkirk ffs!

If the lad is doing an apprenticeship and on a decent wage from us, it could be a bit shortsighted: add to that his 'baggage' and I don't know if this would be his best option.

7 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Interesting New Year article coming up on OS from returning chairman. John Alexander on his plan and vision for the club and possible re-location...

Never a dull day with our club indeed..

Happy New Year all

How did that plan, vision and relocation go last time? That’s right- we nearly had a fight to stay in the bottom league and even some supporters suggesting we go Jnr!!!

Not that I believe any part of your post other than I feel sure your genuine Happy New Year message........ same to you Sir.

Read that Caledonian braves, (yes Caledonian braves) have received investment for next season which rivals the budget of Kelty hearts. And they have a contract offer lined up for goodwillie who they want to sign on a pre contract and almost double his current wage.

Going to be hard for us to keep him if teams like that can offer more than us.