Wilfried Zaha.

😆

Clinton Morrison

Aaron Wan Bissaka

Wayne Routledge

Ben Watson

Nathaniel Clyne

Hayden Mullins

All those plus Zaha must add up to the best part of 1000 EPL appearances in the last 15 years, plus cup wins for Watson and Routledge and bags of international caps for Clyne, Zaha and Morrison. But no, Jack Ross definitely tops that 😆 

i suppose he’ll claim we’re being whooshed here

2 hours ago, lazyjack said:

Slightly off Topic, Have any you guys or know any Clyde Fans who have been in London recently? Son spotted these on a trip down a few weeks ago 😁

76688949_10158433430267908_1065646437712265216_n.jpg

77425160_10158433430667908_333214849997733888_n.jpg

Yup that was me at the start of October! Still in good condition it seems 😂

I have come to the conclusion we are not as good as we think.

i was happy when today’s team was announced but too many times my hopes have been blown out the water by inconsistent players who seem to think one good game is good enough to ensure a place in the next weeks team.

Even Goodie looked disinterested today and that will affect Clyde’s form each time that happens.

Danny will need to decide who are the inconstant players who have been like that too often and have them replaced in January 

5 minutes ago, The Clyde Man said:

I have come to the conclusion we are not as good as we think.

i was happy when today’s team was announced but too many times my hopes have been blown out the water by inconsistent players who seem to think one good game is good enough to ensure a place in the next weeks team.

Even Goodie looked disinterested today and that will affect Clyde’s form each time that happens.

Danny will need to decide who are the inconstant players who have been like that too often and have them replaced in January 

Agree completely we should be able to drop players next week who are not good enough to encourage them to earn their place in the team but unfortunately there just isn't enough plAyers we hardly have anything 

If we didn't have money to sign an actual left-back after what unfolded throughout pre-season and August, we sure as hell won't have the money required to make sweeping changes in January. Our only hope is in punting Wallace back to Annan, striking lucky with Syvertsen and Rankin and maybe getting a couple of decent loanees in.

On 29/11/2019 at 18:17, sydney said:

Note the club’s AGM is on the evening of 12th December. Did they not twig that it’s the day of the General Election and some people might have important things to do after work. Like vote ! 
just saying ....

Let's not be vague, Sydney. What could possibly be of importance in club matters, as things stand, that requires its own standalone position in the calendar? You're not suggesting the decision of the date's an accident, surely? 

It looks anything but that to me. 

Voting literally takes 2 minutes so let’s not even suggest that take priority over the AGM.

At the moment, we aren’t playing well. My opinion is that Goodwillie isn’t fit, and that we’ve been absolutely blighted with injuries all year. 

Personally, I’ll be delighted if we stay up this year. 

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Voting literally takes 2 minutes so let’s not even suggest that take priority over the AGM.

At the moment, we aren’t playing well. My opinion is that Goodwillie isn’t fit, and that we’ve been absolutely blighted with injuries all year. 

Personally, I’ll be delighted if we stay up this year. 

Absolutely SLC. 8th was always THE target, as i'm sure it is/was for half the league. Its all very well some fans pointing at results which suit the idea that we've 'made it', but Dumbarton certainly didn't look like a team with delusions of grandeur, in fact, they out-Clyded us and Duffy out-Lennoned Danny. On a footballing level, we're in danger of dining out on scudding Falkirk, while ignoring the bread and butter. Even the Cup and its potential fruits of beating (stop laughing qt the back!) Rose is beginning to look like a pain in the arse we could do without, priority-wise. Yet another lesson from 2017 that has gone unlearned, if it turns out like that season did. 

AGM/GE-wise, this is an unprecedented time of vital importance for many, and for many different reasons. It's a good time to bury frankly insignificant matters surrounding a members club with 335 listed patrons, and even more so when very few of them have raised a question about any of these before now. I see no reason for that to change, when much worse events in recent memory went completely unanswered whatsoever. At least its not the Lowland for 10th in this league. To whom should we be glad of that, i wonder!!

Edited by Domino the Dug

Yesterday was my first game for a while and I think some of the criticism is a bit harsh.  The midfield moved the ball well, won their fair share of tackles and controlled large spells

The problem was either end.  Final third, poor decision making and movement meant we're either trying to walk the ball in, or instead of trying to move a packed defence around, just lob it into the box and hope for the best.  That defence was there for the taking, but we played right into their hands

Our defence generally looked pretty solid, but not so much when we're getting hit on the break. First goal came from us getting caught 3 v 3.  A lot of the second half we were leaving huge gaps at the back because they were chasing the game. 

Maybe there's an element of one or two of them getting a bit staid, they've played a helluva lot of football not just this season but carrying over from last with only around a month's break. He's been very unlucky with the number of injuries where he could maybe have freshened things up.  Norway & Love would have made a fair difference to that yesterday

With a full squad I still think we'd have pushed for a top 4, but having that many long term injuries has really turned this season into trying to consolidate.  There's even Howie having to go off in the first half yesterday.  It's unfortunate but it is what it is. Really comes down to how quickly we can get as many back as soon as possible, but they're a long way from being as bad as some of the stuff we had to endure over the past 10 years.

I agree with much of what BrigtonClyde said.  At times our midfield is full of energy, composure and fight but this is evident only for spells and not throughout any matches. 

Upfront we have been blessed with DGW's contributions but we do seem very reliant on him and him being on-song. At the back we often look assured to deal with a dominant centre forward particularly when we face the long ball, but we are kitten like on the left. When we can protect that with Grant or Love we do disguise this weakness. 

Regarding the close season recruitment, and appreciating our likely budget, we made mistakes. We lost Lang and Cogill but only recruited Howie who has largely grown into the role. We were light in left defence and should have realised getting anything out of Rankin would be a bonus so we needed a ball winneror someone to protect the back 4: we got Tony Wallace. We stepped up a league and added Chris Smith who is at best a workaday Div 2 player and not really someone who can play off DGW.  

When it comes to injuries I think it's something that all teams go through during a season. With good squad construction there is cover built in, we have not succeeded in doing that. 

I've said before that we run the risk of being a good div 2 team that didn't know how to upgrade to div1.

2 hours ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Yesterday was my first game for a while and I think some of the criticism is a bit harsh.  The midfield moved the ball well, won their fair share of tackles and controlled large spells

The problem was either end.  Final third, poor decision making and movement meant we're either trying to walk the ball in, or instead of trying to move a packed defence around, just lob it into the box and hope for the best.  That defence was there for the taking, but we played right into their hands

Our defence generally looked pretty solid, but not so much when we're getting hit on the break. First goal came from us getting caught 3 v 3.  A lot of the second half we were leaving huge gaps at the back because they were chasing the game. 

Maybe there's an element of one or two of them getting a bit staid, they've played a helluva lot of football not just this season but carrying over from last with only around a month's break. He's been very unlucky with the number of injuries where he could maybe have freshened things up.  Norway & Love would have made a fair difference to that yesterday

With a full squad I still think we'd have pushed for a top 4, but having that many long term injuries has really turned this season into trying to consolidate.  There's even Howie having to go off in the first half yesterday.  It's unfortunate but it is what it is. Really comes down to how quickly we can get as many back as soon as possible, but they're a long way from being as bad as some of the stuff we had to endure over the past 10 years.

Agreed John, i felt the criticism was unjust when we've largely done the same things, in most games, and fared better. At no stage did we look like we did in early August, or at home first half to Raith. I dont think it fair to lay the blame at Goodies feet either, he's no more entitled to a bad game than anyone, but i felt Johnston and Lamont took a fair whack of the responsibility for dragging us through the second half but it wasn't enough. They're often the first two to get slated, and i can see why but again it was the final ball, every time.

Grant and McStay are strangely copping it far heavier than they were last season when allowing the likes of Berwick and Stirling to strut around, again both had undeniably poor games but Dumbarton didn't overly dominate us, just played 'us' better than we did. The injury list growing by the week is sending us out weaker with each match and in turn asking players to moderate their own game, thats not a final third issue as we had half a dozen set pieces that landed on a fucking treadmill, but it IS a reason why Dumbarton scored both goals as easily as they did. And should have scored more, Mitchell again was outstanding.