Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

4 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Doubt he was paid enough to pay off his Mortgage but definitely must've got a few quid out of it.

Who said “ why are we still talking about Tom Lang?” Oh yeah...... you 😉

I doubt the agent forced him to leave Clyde- he wanted full time football- he had injury issues at the start- broken bone in foot- complicated wisdom tooth issues- then when breaking through- caught a bad hamstring injury which he is currently still recovering from. True- he wasn’t first team automatic choice and may even have been misled by Steve Crawford- given squad No 3 and used in a lot of pre season PR. I have a feeling if their CB who is long term injured - had been fit we may have got him back on loan in September.
Hindsight makes life a lot easier to comment on and I’m sure another season with us would have been beneficial for the player and us but not his bank balance.

I feel sorry the way things have worked out, but I’m not sure a personal attack on his agent is justified in this case.

Tom Lang like many others fell for the sight of a full time contract and ignored the importance of his development under one of the best managers in Scotland. In my drunk state last night I actually messaged him saying good luck but he's welcome back any time, so thank me later if he comes back 😂

Banksy is going to be the latest victim of the Scottish football development system. He will go to palace, he wont get out the under 21s before he is sold, mark my words. 

He could have really benefited from playing real football for another season before moving on. Personally I do blame the agents because they of all people should be putting an arm around these players and looking out for their development first and foremost. 

I dont care if palace are in the premier league, it doesnt mean they develop players better than part time clubs. We made Jack Ross ffs, who's ever came out the palace youth? 

11 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

I know this question has been done to death but why do we have an under 21 team if we cant use them when we need players? 

Surely there has to be an option to sign them on some kind of contract? 

It’s an appropriate time to keep this discussion open.  With 8, maybe even 9 players carrying injuries- and having only 3 outfield players on our bench yesterday- the ability to use U21’s if even only for the bench is becoming critical.

8 minutes ago, HughieMc said:

It’s an appropriate time to keep this discussion open.  With 8, maybe even 9 players carrying injuries- and having only 3 outfield players on our bench yesterday- the ability to use U21’s if even only for the bench is becoming critical.

Exactly, if we can use them now then when can we? 

I reckon we could have a few good players in there but we wont know until we try them. 

2 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I thought the under 21 team were only using our name but not actually affiliated with us as such? 

Yeah technically and legally that's the case because it's a charity status organisation (cough tax reasons cough) I think, but regardless surely we can offer those players contracts? 

47 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Yeah technically and legally that's the case because it's a charity status organisation (cough tax reasons cough) I think, but regardless surely we can offer those players contracts? 

Are they anywhere near good enough? Has Lennon even seen play? 

If we’re going to bring anyone in they need to be at least as good as what we have. 

1 hour ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Even if we register them on amateur terms do we’ve got the help if needed- otherwise what is the point of them being presented as Clyde FC u21’s if of no assistance to the Club. There must be a good reason.......

20 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

If we’re going to bring anyone in they need to be at least as good as what we have. 

It's getting to the point where we just need bodies. If goodie and Chris Johnston are both out now (although I think goodies is a muscle injury so might be ok) then were going to start struggling to even have a bench. 

4 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

It's getting to the point where we just need bodies. If goodie and Chris Johnston are both out now (although I think goodies is a muscle injury so might be ok) then were going to start struggling to even have a bench. 

It would be daft to take him next week- needs rest for problematic hamstring.

Danny might well be a sub again, unless a few of the injury list can return.

4 hours ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Tom Lang like many others fell for the sight of a full time contract and ignored the importance of his development under one of the best managers in Scotland. In my drunk state last night I actually messaged him saying good luck but he's welcome back any time, so thank me later if he comes back 😂

Banksy is going to be the latest victim of the Scottish football development system. He will go to palace, he wont get out the under 21s before he is sold, mark my words. 

He could have really benefited from playing real football for another season before moving on. Personally I do blame the agents because they of all people should be putting an arm around these players and looking out for their development first and foremost. 

I dont care if palace are in the premier league, it doesnt mean they develop players better than part time clubs. We made Jack Ross ffs, who's ever came out the palace youth? 

Wilfried Zaha.

23 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Some of the unassociated u19’s and u21’s have been training with the first team on occasion, so Danny will have seen them play. You’d have to think that he doesn’t have much faith if he isn’t offering amateur deals to the best of the bunch so they can even just sit on the bench imo.

Some of the unassociated u19’s and u21’s have been training with the first team on occasion, so Danny will have seen them play. You’d have to think that he doesn’t have much faith if he isn’t offering amateur deals to the best of the bunch so they can even just sit on the bench imo.
The problem would be that they could no longer play with the u21s and probably wouldn't get much match time in the first team, if any at all.

3 hours ago, haufdaft said:
5 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

The problem would be that they could no longer play with the u21s and probably wouldn't get much match time in the first team, if any at all.

As a short term fix, then could we not play them as trialists ?

I'm pretty sure they would then be eligible for 3 League games.

Desperate times and all that...