Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

On 20/10/2019 at 20:42, Only one David Marsh said:

Stranraer A

Peterhead H 

Two very winnable games, the opposition in dreadful form. Didn't expect a victory yesterday and another goalscorer stepped up. 

Good record in the last two matches against Stranraer. I can't imagine they will be as poor again. Could be in a very good position come the cup matches.

Hangover slowly calming down, and by Christ was that not a simply brilliant performance by everyone in a white or green shirt.

Lashings of cream going on top of today's humble pie in regards to Smith, i was rather harsh given he had an unenviable job replacing Goodie, then Love- he looked himself yesterday playing HIS game, and the goal- wow. Less than two years of Danny Lennon, from home trashings off Elgin to outplaying and outclassing Falkirk, twice. 

Great days.

25 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:
3 hours ago, haufdaft said:
Just read that he's walked out on East Kilbride for being dropped.

Why does that not surprise me, guy thinks he fucking Buffon. Attitude stinks

Im afraid this is correct, a superb goalie when his career mattered to him but frankly anyone in his position signing for EK, Kelty or such like are finished as serious footballers. We dodged a bullet, if indeed any were fired in pursuit of him. Sad but true.

Just thinking it's only October and we have a right few goal of the season contenders already. McStay v QOS is the obvious winner barring miracles but we also have Goodie's first non penalty against Stranraer, the move for Goodie's equaliser against Raith and Smith's strike at Falkirk on Saturday (which btw was a good move aswell as a stunning strike). The shortlist video on youtube later in the season could be about 20 mins long :lol:

7 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Just thinking it's only October and we have a right few goal of the season contenders already. McStay v QOS is the obvious winner barring miracles but we also have Goodie's first non penalty against Stranraer, the move for Goodie's equaliser against Raith and Smith's strike at Fal

Spoiler

kirk on Saturday (which btw was a good move aswell as a stunning strike). The shortlist video on youtube later in the season could be about 20 mins long :lol:

The sheer joy and magnitude of Dazzas strike on Saturday takes some beating, never mind the artistry and execution 😁😁

On 27/10/2019 at 12:03, TheBigGuy said:

Two very winnable games, the opposition in dreadful form. Didn't expect a victory yesterday and another goalscorer stepped up. 

Good record in the last two matches against Stranraer. I can't imagine they will be as poor again. Could be in a very good position come the cup matches.

Feet on the ground time, I think:  We didn't see what was coming v Montrose and every match is worth the same number of points.. I expect Danny will ensure they remain focussed on one game at a time because pre-guessing what we will take from these next 2 games is very dangerous.

Also, without wanting to put dampener on things, Falkirk are NOT better than us: they just have the benefit of being full time and paid beyond their actual abilities. Seriously, how many of their team would you want in a Clyde shirt?.....and God forbid that we would ever end up with a total clown like McKinnon for a manager.

There's a few in our team we are going to struggle to hold on to if/when we get into the position we want but let's enjoy it all while it lasts.

10 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Not played for them for a while seems to be stuck in the reserves again

I mean he's definitely more than good enough to be getting game time against Thistle but if they arent going to play him then I'd love to see him back at Clyde for the rest of the season.

On 28/10/2019 at 22:19, Walk Glasgow said:

Feet on the ground time, I think:  We didn't see what was coming v Montrose and every match is worth the same number of points.. I expect Danny will ensure they remain focussed on one game at a time because pre-guessing what we will take from these next 2 games is very dangerous.

Also, without wanting to put dampener on things, Falkirk are NOT better than us: they just have the benefit of being full time and paid beyond their actual abilities. Seriously, how many of their team would you want in a Clyde shirt?.....and God forbid that we would ever end up with a total clown like McKinnon for a manager.

There's a few in our team we are going to struggle to hold on to if/when we get into the position we want but let's enjoy it all while it lasts.

I agree with that! How soon do you think we could be struggling to hold onto players? Goodwillie and Raymond Grant being the obvious ones. 

Could see us going to Links Park in December, and returning the favour.

Tough game this Saturday undoubtedly; More confident about Peterhead at home - the following week, to be honest.

Edited by TheBigGuy