Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I'm sure they were mentioned a couple of times in the programme; there must be some link there.

Yeah they must be linked with the club. Their Facebook has the Clyde badge, links to a page on the Clyde website and mentions Chris McStay and Ray Grant in their recent posts.

The latest news on the Clyde website is about the foundation too.

They are linked in that Clyde set up the Clyde Foundation that these teams play under. There’s no direct playing link with the 1st team in registration and the likes although a few from the older age groups have trained with Danny and Allan going by social media accounts (not sure if with the 1st team). Hopefully if there is a decent few young guys in there we get them snapped up before anyone else.

Rewind a few weeks after the Airdrie game, the outrage and negativity on here was a fucking disgrace. People suggesting Lennons position may need to be reviewed, people suggesting it was a good idea the scoreboard wasn't there for the Falkirk game, fans suggesting we'll get pumped by double figures. The shocking comments made towards one of last years heroes McNiff... 

I was also shouted down by a fellow fan who thinks he's a fucking export when I suggested we wait until the end of Game Day 9 before reviewing our season. Well guess what Sao Paolo, 8 games in and we're 4th! Hope you're eating your words... 

The Clyde fans in the stands over the last few weeks have been fuckin superb, never gave up on the team and got them over their sticky start to the point we're now a decent enough force in this league and showing we deserve to be here. Thankfully the negetivity from the faceless keyboard pushers never made it to the stands and to the players. 

We have a fuckin class manager, a top top bunch of players who play for the badge and the fans. Never ever in doubt! Mon the Clyde! 

Edited by Ingo ohne Flamingo

We've got a hell of a squad, in terms of quality of football but also mentality. 

To think we won that yesterday while missing Goodwillie, Rankin and Norway. 

Fans are playing a big role in games as well which shouldn't be understated. I've lost count of the amount of teams we've embarrassed with our support. Dumbarton fans were terrible yesterday as well. 

25 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

We've got a hell of a squad, in terms of quality of football but also mentality. 

We do when everyone's available but the bench was a bit light on attacking options yesterday

I'm not sure if / when we'll see Rankin again. If we do, likelier 2nd half of season I'd guess

What's the latest on Norway, Fitzpatrick and Lyon, any estimates when they'll be back?

This is where having one or two youth players would be ideal, give them a chance. But if it's the case with the set up that in fact they'd need to be trialists then I suppose that rules out that option which is unfortunate to say the least

I spoke with one of the youth coaches a few years back and he was saying something along the lines that the youth set up is charitable status so has to be separate & it also threw up a few other issues about focusing purely on quality.  Don't know how accurate that is, or if I've misunderstood, but we really need to develop direct links with an appropriate youth system & start bringing them through, especially with a manager like Lennon who'd be brilliant for them

21 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

We do when everyone's available but the bench was a bit light on attacking options yesterday

I'm not sure if / when we'll see Rankin again. If we do, likelier 2nd half of season I'd guess

What's the latest on Norway, Fitzpatrick and Lyon, any estimates when they'll be back?

This is where having one or two youth players would be ideal, give them a chance. But if it's the case with the set up that in fact they'd need to be trialists then I suppose that rules out that option which is unfortunate to say the least

I spoke with one of the youth coaches a few years back and he was saying something along the lines that the youth set up is charitable status so has to be separate & it also threw up a few other issues about focusing purely on quality.  Don't know how accurate that is, or if I've misunderstood, but we really need to develop direct links with an appropriate youth system & start bringing them through, especially with a manager like Lennon who'd be brilliant for them

Apparently Rankin is getting close but he was having problems with one of the pins in his knee, not sure if that's set him back . 

23 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Apparently Rankin is getting close but he was having problems with one of the pins in his knee, not sure if that's set him back . 

So what's the situation with Norway?  He started the season well baggin a few goals. I can't remember what his injury is, but we're coming into October so must've been fairly serious

4 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

So what's the situation with Norway?  He started the season well baggin a few goals. I can't remember what his injury is, but we're coming into October so must've been fairly serious

I think it was his knee. Started running too soon and has had to reign it in.

16 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

People suggesting Lennons position may need to be reviewed

Which people?

The shocking comments made towards one of last years heroes McNiff...

Nobody was 'shocked', except perhaps you, in your nightie  in front your dresser mirror. One poster did say he was totally rubbish; most just repeated the old opinion that he isn't a good full-back. I think I said he became a really good centre-back last season but remains a poor full-back. Of course, if we're all now saying he is a good full-back because he's got better protection, we're into ministry of silly cocks stuff. He'll never be a good full-back in the way that Cuddihy has become or the way in which Billy Gibson, Eddie Malone or Michael McGowan were good full-backs. He can just about cut it when we tighten things up, as we have, and very impressively so.

I was also shouted down by a fellow fan who thinks he's a fucking export when I suggested we wait until the end of Game Day 9 before reviewing our season. Well guess what Sao Paolo, 8 games in and we're 4th! Hope you're eating your words... 

And if we're 8th after 9 games, as we could be, will you 'eat your words'? We can all retrofit an opinion to make our predictions look right; it's easy done.

I must say, I didn't have you down for being the self-pitying type. And I'd need a megaphone to shout you down, let's have it right. However, I'll be absolutely delighted to be wrong and admit as much about Howie, Petkov and Rumbsy, the three players who I very quickly dismissed the defensive worth of at this level. I'll even put conditions around it: if after our next five league fixtures we're all still talking with praise about those players, I will simply say I was wrong about them, and say that they do have the chops for this level. And more than that, I'll say that we'll have a great chance of a play-off. We've got a mix of fixtures there: two hard ones (Raith; Falkirk) and three plausible winners (Montrose; Peterhead and Stranraer). Importantly, in all but one of those, we'll be playing teams who have the measure of us (i.e. played us before and know what to expect).

It still only requires a mediocre mob like Dumbarton to shut down our defenders and they're in for a goal; and we can hardly get out of our half either. We've only kept a single clean sheet this season - that's a cliff-edge we've gone off relative to last season. But I repeat: happy to be wrong and I'll admit it without reservation if we carry on as we have since Falkirk for the next month or so. And listen, I think there's a decent chance we could manage it, given the spirit and organisation we've shown of late.

Edited by Sao Paulo

4 hours ago, BrigtonClyde said:

This. 

Hoping and wishing won't cut it for long. 

4 hours ago, David W said:

I think it was his knee. Started running too soon and has had to reign it in.

Ingo ohne Flamingo would like me to point out that the phrase you're looking for is 'rein it in', not "reign it in".

You're another fucking export, David. The likes of which this forum could do without.

3 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

Which people?

Nobody was 'shocked', except perhaps you, in your nightie  in front your dresser mirror. One poster did say he was totally rubbish; most just repeated the old opinion that he isn't a good full-back. I think I said he became a really good centre-back last season but remains a poor full-back. Of course, if we're all now saying he is a good full-back because he's got better protection, we're into ministry of silly cocks stuff. He'll never be a good full-back in the way that Cuddihy has become or the way in which Billy Gibson, Eddie Malone or Michael McGowan were good full-backs. He can just about cut it when we tighten things up, as we have, and very impressively so.

And if we're 8th after 9 games, as we could be, will you 'eat your words'? We can all retrofit an opinion to make our predictions look right; it's easy done.

I must say, I didn't have you down for being the self-pitying type. And I'd need a megaphone to shout you down, let's have it right. However, I'll be absolutely delighted to be wrong and admit as much about Howie, Petkov and Rumbsy, the three players who I very quickly dismissed the defensive worth of at this level. I'll even put conditions around it: if after our next five league fixtures we're all still talking with praise about those players, I will simply say I was wrong about them, and say that they do have the chops for this level. And more than that, I'll say that we'll have a great chance of a play-off. We've got a mix of fixtures there: two hard ones (Raith; Falkirk) and three plausible winners (Montrose; Peterhead and Stranraer). Importantly, in all but one of those, we'll be playing teams who have the measure of us (i.e. played us before and know what to expect).

It still only requires a mediocre mob like Dumbarton to shut down our defenders and they're in for a goal; and we can hardly get out of our half either. We've only kept a single clean sheet this season - that's a cliff-edge we've gone off relative to last season. But I repeat: happy to be wrong and I'll admit it without reservation if we carry on as we have since Falkirk for the next month or so. And listen, I think there's a decent chance we could manage it, given the spirit and organisation we've shown of late.

This is the same Rumsby that played a big part in stranraers promotion push 4 years ago. 

I suggest he is proven at this level