Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Seen that we have signed Zimbabwe U23 international Shama Bako, my mate has a thing for Northampton and said he was one of their most highly rated young players, he was meant to be signing for Man United a couple of years ago before a bad injury, ended up playing in Germany to get a crack at first team football because his cousin was playin with the team but didn’t work out. Apparently he is dying for any sort of first team football 

I am literally in disbelief that this appears to have some basis in fact.

The under 21’s aren’t the normal under 21’s like at other clubs. Ours is with the foundation so he’s not signed for Clyde FC as such. Only way he could play just now would be as a trialist, or sign for the club.

Anyone know why we have it setup that way? Seems bizzare to have u21 side that we can't include in the first team.

The Glasgow Cup would be a great way of giving some of them a chance or we could just stick with Lennon and the goalkeeping coach being on the bench [emoji848]

Anyone know why we have it setup that way? Seems bizzare to have u21 side that we can't include in the first team.

The Glasgow Cup would be a great way of giving some of them a chance or we could just stick with Lennon and the goalkeeping coach being on the bench [emoji848]

To be honest I think it’s just the twitter account being set up the way it has been has lead people to believe it’s an actual Clyde under 21 squad. All other community clubs I think mention the foundation, they don’t for some reason.

Sure Danny and Allan have done some work with the community under 17’s or 16’s age groups and will probably do similar with this group. Hopefully a few gems in there including this guy that might find their way to getting a contract with the club.

I'm surprised (or perhaps not) at the atypically ham-fisted way these things present themselves. 

Albion Rovers were the club who mentioned a midnight flit of all u21 players and staff in May, specifically to Clyde, not us. There's little if any mention of it on the site, and the manner of Lennon requiring his boots again somehow only raised peckers instead of questions. In fact only Lennon himself addressed the registration factor, and the resulting swooning hordes fainting in the aisles seemed to halt any further enquiries.

If they aren't contracted (and i know for a fact none of them are), then there's nothing connecting them to the football club. Should we ever, somehow find ourselves in possession of a decent youth player (Dylan Falconer is considered the best), not even a potential future development fee can be commanded under those conditions. So what's the bloody point!!

48 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

The Glasgow Cup would be a great way of giving some of them a chance or we could just stick with Lennon and the goalkeeping coach being on the bench emoji848.png

Lennon addressed this. He explained the u21s can only be trialists. You can only register a 'trialist' once, for the established period, thus any of them playing any of eight GC games under this format is unfeasible. It also highlights that they're nothing at all to do with the club. 

2 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Why do they use club badge on their FB page but upon closer look of match photos no sign of a Clyde FC badge on their strips or close. Surely shouldnt be allowed to use our name... ?!

They're not the only vanity project taking willing advantage of the national status, that's for sure. 

Its the youth players we should feel for. They're being given a platform which to be blunt, they've never a chance in hell of finding a level at. Exploitation galore. 

Why do they use club badge on their FB page but upon closer look of match photos no sign of a Clyde FC badge on their strips or close. Surely shouldnt be allowed to use our name... ?!
no more relavent to clyde fc than any other under 21 amatuer team , the reason why lennon had to play in the challenge cup
anyone can sign their plsyers

To be honest I think it’s just the twitter account being set up the way it has been has lead people to believe it’s an actual Clyde under 21 squad. All other community clubs I think mention the foundation, they don’t for some reason.

Sure Danny and Allan have done some work with the community under 17’s or 16’s age groups and will probably do similar with this group. Hopefully a few gems in there including this guy that might find their way to getting a contract with the club.
and any other club who wants to sign them