Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

Lennon turned down Raith last year, a team he also has history with and that were a league above, and financially better off, than we were. On the radio he said it’s because he wants to bring Clyde up the leagues. I’m unsure about the whole thing but can’t see a financially broken and 9th placed thistle being that attractive an offer

You sure on that?.He was linked to the Rovers job along with others by the pressh.Dont recall any official that he was interviewed never mind offered the job

Edited by Rovers_Lad

6 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

You sure on that?.He was linked to the Rovers job along with others by the pressh.Dont recall any official that he was interviewed never mind offered the job

That was my understanding that he was linked(not strongly) but never offered it, or even interviewed. 

I,m sure Danny Lennon would like to manage at higher level(no disrespect to Clyde) but with the lottery winner withdrawing his funding to Partick along with take over/ buyout by the Barnsley owners still going on its maybe not the right time for him or anyone else tbh to consider the partick job

43 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Partick will have had to pay out a bit to let Caldwell go. I wouldn’t be surprised if they made Kenny Miller player manager until the end of the season.  

I would,.For what its worth Miller distanced himself from managing in the press .I dont see Partick going down the KM player/ manager route

23 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

Think he was offered an interview which he turned down. What I heard anyway

Hearsay nick.We dont even know who actually applied for the job,who made the shortlist or who was even interviewed if anyone as by all accounts McGlynn was the man the board wanted and got

football is littered with Im here for the long haul great club proud history blah blah

maybe lennon would turn down full time position , more money in a league above who knows but I wouldnt put two bob on him staying out of a "love for clyde " like everyone he is a proffesional and he will do whats best for him and his family not just in terms of money but quality of life etc and he is right to do so.

Showing your usual negative side again.