Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

All I'm saying is the money doesn't take you too far. 

Office staff being folk like club secretary to make sure registrations and that are okay... Clyde surely know about that [emoji23]

oh we dont talk about that [emoji23] 

you have no just been added to the to be watched list [emoji6]

35 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Definitely winnable for you's, made 5 changes to usual line up Saturday and few guys out of position to give people games

And yet you still managed to knock out  Dundee United at Tannadice!

Not the tie any of us would have wanted, but if the weather is kind and we bring our A game  it'll be a decent match.

We are well overdue a result at Gayfield!

I don’t think I said we were skint? I posed that IF any away fixture in Ireland or the likes would cost the club more than was subsidised by the SPFL, my preference was to have a home match. Regardless of finance, I’d prefer to play Arbroath, Waterford or Thistle at home as I’d fancy our chances more than away, which was also what was said.

One of the worst draws in my opinion 

But goin to be positive about it newly promoted and with a couple of defeats the bubble could burst very easily, already beaten Falkirk and championship side QOS, gave Airdrie & Forfar good games, Arbroath will be no harder than any team we have played already, pity it’s away from home but it’ll be a 50/50 game. 

Also if we can get a win there could definitely get a winnable team in the next round.

11 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

One of the worst draws in my opinion 

But goin to be positive about it newly promoted and with a couple of defeats the bubble could burst very easily, already beaten Falkirk and championship side QOS, gave Airdrie & Forfar good games, Arbroath will be no harder than any team we have played already, pity it’s away from home but it’ll be a 50/50 game. 

Also if we can get a win there could definitely get a winnable team in the next round.

Arbroath will definitelybe better than Falkirk, Forfar and Airdrie

13 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

I don’t think I said we were skint? I posed that IF any away fixture in Ireland or the likes would cost the club more than was subsidised by the SPFL, my preference was to have a home match. Regardless of finance, I’d prefer to play Arbroath, Waterford or Thistle at home as I’d fancy our chances more than away, which was also what was said.

17 hours ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

At least all the talk of being skint and having a costly fixture away from home isn’t an issue now. Wait a minute do we get cash for going to Arbroath?. Probably not so being skint will really help us. How much will this tie cost us

Where did the context for this originate? I can't find it anywhere tbh. Not that it matters now in terms of the current TCWCC, of course, but should we be concerned at fixture fulfilment further down the line? Peterhead's in two weeks. Enormous game, requiring full preparation, and that needs paid for. 

29 minutes ago, Domino the Dug said:

Where did the context for this originate? I can't find it anywhere tbh. Not that it matters now in terms of the current TCWCC, of course, but should we be concerned at fixture fulfilment further down the line? Peterhead's in two weeks. Enormous game, requiring full preparation, and that needs paid for. 

It was from a few tweets I made around a preference for a home tie ahead of the draw.  Not sure how it made it on here given my twitter account is private or why it wasn't addressed to me on there.  Anyway, it was nothing more than my thoughts on when trying to improve finances at the club whether affluent or otherwise it makes more sense to not want more outgoings than what comes in.  I had my doubts that what the SPFL apparently paid to cover that type of fixture was enough.  This somehow ended in the conclusion that I know the club's finances inside out.  

If anyone is worried about the how things are funded then best speaking to someone in the know/at the club as, despite what some think, I know nothing more than what is released/discussed with all other fans.  

Edited by Adolfo Rios

30 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

It was from a few tweets I made around a preference for a home tie ahead of the draw.  Not sure how it made it on here given my twitter account is private or why it wasn't addressed to me on there.  Anyway, it was nothing more than my thoughts on when trying to improve finances at the club whether affluent or otherwise it makes more sense to not want more outgoings than what comes in.  I had my doubts that what the SPFL apparently paid to cover that type of fixture was enough.  This somehow ended in the conclusion that I know the club's finances inside out.  

If anyone is worried about the how things are funded then best speaking to someone in the know/at the club as, despite what some think, I know nothing more than what is released/discussed with all other fans.  

Twitter, not my bag really.

Seems a reasonable enough viewpoint, frugality versus glamour has virtually shaped over a third of the club's history to date, but i'm sure it would be in hand for us to take equally (at this point) a long-distance away day, tripled with going out of the Betfred in 5th place and also a first-tie Scottish Cup exit as part of the yearly budget. And of course, finishing tenth in L1. 

Seen some of the other responses up until now, to be fair it does have a slight whiff of another thing we've improved upon (it is after all a Cup run, now- we've only played 3 rounds or more in 1 Cup, once in seven years!), which can't just simply be enjoyed for what it is, albeit if borne of concern for club welfare, when taking the bigger picture into account. And we all know its always been a flying-by-seat-of-pants operation for yonks. I've made similar inroads in the past regarding club matters and why our position was as it was, like this, and it wasn't well-received in far greater halls than the pixels of PnB.

At least we got a day or two to enjoy the promotion in May, i suppose.

19 minutes ago, HughieMc said:

“Not sure how it made it on here given my twitter accounis private or why it wasn't addressed to me on there.  “

difficult,  when the tweet was removed I’d say!

Not at all, it is still there.