Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Decent win against Celtic Colts. Think theyve had decent results against first teams in the past. They had a few good players playing for them as well, including Luca Connell who was a regular for Bolton in the championship last season.

Would be nice if we could take our victories over Colts teams and turn them into victories in League 1!

Who's this lad Lennon is talking about from Tenerife?

I was told last night it was a boy called Beerman, quick look at his Instagram it shows him checked in to a restaurant in Tenerife last month. Is that where he is from or is someone pulling my plonker & he was just on holiday?

Regardless of these international clearance mysteries, one of them better be a left back & fit for saturday!

2 hours ago, Domino the Dug said:

Could always ask the club captain and our second-top scorer about that. 

Absolutely, my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek with that post.  This is one of few more positive news stories we have been mentioned in recent times. 

I was told last night it was a boy called Beerman, quick look at his Instagram it shows him checked in to a restaurant in Tenerife last month. Is that where he is from or is someone pulling my plonker & he was just on holiday?

Regardless of these international clearance mysteries, one of them better be a left back & fit for saturday!

it was lennon on superscoreboard its on about half way through after that quiz part

dont think you need international clearance if you are coming back from holiday

maybe after october 31st [emoji23]

Decent win against Celtic Colts. Think theyve had decent results against first teams in the past. They had a few good players playing for them as well, including Luca Connell who was a regular for Bolton in the championship last season.
Would be nice if we could take our victories over Colts teams and turn them into victories in League 1!

I have been vehemently against the introduction of colt teams into the leagues but given our only 2 victories this season have come against them maybe I should reconsider [emoji848]

5 hours ago, haufdaft said:
5 hours ago, HughieMc said:
Oh you’re a hoot!

Would you rather it was written by Tom Lang?

5 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Tom Lang has changed his instagram profile picture to him playing for us... let the rumours grow!

Well he’s certainly not playing for Dunfermline- they played 3 central defenders in a 5 man back line at Celtic and had another CB on the bench and Tom in the stand- that’s without Euan Murray who’s a normal starter who is out injured- 

For the benefit of my dear friend Haufdaft -  i’ll ask Tom later at tea time.

Well he’s certainly not playing for Dunfermline- they played 3 central defenders in a 5 man back line at Celtic and had another CB on the bench and Tom in the stand- that’s without Euan Murray who’s a normal starter who is out injured- 
Ha!

I'd take Tom Lang back in a heartbeat. As long as it's not at fullback [emoji16]

On second thoughts, he couldn't be any worse that McNiff at LB.

29 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Ha!

I'd take Tom Lang back in a heartbeat. As long as it's not at fullback emoji16.png

On second thoughts, he couldn't be any worse that McNiff at LB.

You're a confusing gentleman, truly. 

"Back in a heartbeat", yet in your retrospective view he didn't figure quite as highly as many other players as reasons for promotion. If he wasn't so outstanding, what do you feel he could he improve upon at this point? 

I also note only one of our peers is continually trolled over simply stating facts regarding Lang, yet several fanboys who can't seem to stop gawping at his Instagram escape the same ridicule. 

I think you know a lot more than you let on. Maybe HD really means "HighlyDisingenuous"?

Lang was a good centre half for Clyde in the few months that he played there. I don't believe I ever said anything other than that.
I did state, probably too often, that he was poor as a full back. That was my opinion.

What could he improve on at this point? I think we can all see that the defence is a disaster compared to last season. Lang defended well last season with Rumsby as a pairing. Perhaps reuniting the pair will improve Rumsby who's been poor.

As for knowing a lot more than I let on, I can guarantee that I know a lot less than I let on.

Hauf daft maybe. Highly disingenuous? Never.

17 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Lang was a good centre half for Clyde in the few months that he played there. I don't believe I ever said anything other than that.
I did state, probably too often, that he was poor as a full back. That was my opinion.

What could he improve on at this point? I think we can all see that the defence is a disaster compared to last season. Lang defended well last season with Rumsby as a pairing. Perhaps reuniting the pair will improve Rumsby who's been poor.

As for knowing a lot more than I let on, I can guarantee that I know a lot less than I let on.

Whoever you are- give Haufdaft his phone back please 

11 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

That was only a callous wee jibe! 

Absolutely, wasted at RB. That was never a debate. 

Clearly the step up has had very early ramifications over our expectations, as much as anything else. Lang, in my view would staff a better backline than what we have currently, but there appears a divide over the collective team being considered better than L2, including him despite being entirely untried by Crawford yet, but drastically short for L1. 

If i or others were championing the player over his form in L2, perhaps our jubilant mood may have been tempered better by considering largely who we were playing. That said, the congregation of Martin McNiff is a Good Centre Back Apostles might want to lay off their holy water, as the difference between those two individuals is literally eons apart. And this is who they want partnering poor Scott!

53 minutes ago, Domino the Dug said:

You're a confusing gentleman, truly. 

"Back in a heartbeat", yet in your retrospective view he didn't figure quite as highly as many other players as reasons for promotion. If he wasn't so outstanding, what do you feel he could he improve upon at this point? 

I also note only one of our peers is continually trolled over simply stating facts regarding Lang, yet several fanboys who can't seem to stop gawping at his Instagram escape the same ridicule. 

I think you know a lot more than you let on. Maybe HD really means "HighlyDisingenuous"?

You are an angry, angry keyboard warrior. 

I thought he was too fat to go out loan thanks to all the shite you've been feeding him at tea time?

Seriously, it would be great if we could get him back on loan.

4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

I thought he was too fat to go out loan thanks to all the shite you've been feeding him at tea time?

Seriously, it would be great if we could get him back on loan.

Wouldn’t it just- note to self- more chicken and less findus pancakes and Glasgow salad