Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Its mental how the feel good factor around the club has evaporated 3 games into the league campaign.

And that's the bit that gets me. We've only played 3 games, 2 of which were away to teams expected to finish at or near the top. 

Yes, there are problems - but I haven't suddenly lost faith in our manager (who could do no wrong last season in the eyes of everybody (except cfcuk)).

Another 33 games to turn things around. Far too early to hit the panic button yet IMO. 

If 5 or 6 games from now, with Rankin & Norway back in the team, we're still losing - that's when I'll start to panic.

And just to finish on a note of positivity (is it allowed ;)) - we haven't lost at Broadwood since last October :o (13 wins and 4 draws).  If that's not cause for optimism I don't know what is.

I see we play Celtic colts this midweek in the Glasgow Cup but our website doesn’t list these games in our fixture list. We also have a new u21 side who have just entered a league but given it’s a fiver to get in at Broadwood, the same as the Motherwell colts game, are we obliged to put out a half decent team? I think I read that we’re not but I do think we deserve to know who will make an appearance and who will be in charge even.

To be honest, we could do with the regular training session to try and sort out the defence.

And that's the bit that gets me. We've only played 3 games, 2 of which were away to teams expected to finish at or near the top. 
Yes, there are problems - but I haven't suddenly lost faith in our manager (who could do no wrong last season in the eyes of everybody (except cfcuk)).
Another 33 games to turn things around. Far too early to hit the panic button yet IMO. 
If 5 or 6 games from now, with Rankin & Norway back in the team, we're still losing - that's when I'll start to panic.
And just to finish on a note of positivity (is it allowed [emoji6]) - we haven't lost at Broadwood since last October [emoji33] (13 wins and 4 draws).  If that's not cause for optimism I don't know what is.
dont think its a panic , but this isnt just over 2 games right through the league cup sections as well , the defence isnt good enough its as simple as that , as said its not through lack of effort the manager has got it badly wrong as lots of mangers do, so he needs to sort it out ASAP , which hopefully he will do. Maybe lennon is above any critism in the eyes of some.

I see we play Celtic colts this midweek in the Glasgow Cup but our website doesn’t list these games in our fixture list. We also have a new u21 side who have just entered a league but given it’s a fiver to get in at Broadwood, the same as the Motherwell colts game, are we obliged to put out a half decent team? I think I read that we’re not but I do think we deserve to know who will make an appearance and who will be in charge even.
To be honest, we could do with the regular training session to try and sort out the defence.
Would expect it will be a combination of fringe first team players and under 21s. You can play two trialists as well would hope Lennon has found a centre back or two that could play.

Mcniff - out of his depth at LB

Rumbsy - One trick pony that csnt play at this level without a really good tidy experienced defender along side him

Petkov - Wont cut it

Howie - Lowland league standard

We dont have any alternatives to these guys but it's too late now. Itll be a long season with plenty embarrassing results unless lennon can somehow turn it around.

Mcniff - out of his depth at LB

Rumbsy - One trick pony that csnt play at this level without a really good tidy experienced defender along side him

Petkov - Wont cut it

Howie - Lowland league standard

We dont have any alternatives to these guys but it's too late now. Itll be a long season with plenty embarrassing results unless lennon can somehow turn it around.
it would be pretty difficult to put up any argument to your post , howie i dont think has been that bad when deployed at CB but no sure he would be a first choice as has been stated they are all on 2 year deals
what really has struck me is that there appears to be little or no communication/ leadership demonstrated on saturday when an ardrie player ran between the CB and no one went while the other backed it up they simply both ended up running towards the guy

loans would really be our only alternative

Looking at our next 3 games in the league. Falkirk, Forfar and Stranraer. IMO if we get 2 points in the next 3 games we will lucky. We have some serious issues here concede-ding far to many goals. I’m looking for a solution here and when Danny came in to initially steady the ship after the Chapman disaster. He made us hard to beat. It won’t be pretty but for the next month or so he needs to revert back to this. If we can’t get new people in the door this strategy won’t last for long. I’m hoping the club can wheel and deal a bit so we can compete a bit better at this level. On to other matters John Rankin 36 I think serious injury currently at his age not sure he will be that affective when he returns and if he does it will take him time to get up to speed. Norway young lad very popular with fans will he be able to do it at this level untried so far. Will take time for him to adapt. This leaves me going back to my original post Danny play 5 at the back and two holding midfielders. Let’s get points on the board and be a team that’s hard to beat again. Back to basics build from the back.

Looking at our next 3 games in the league. Falkirk, Forfar and Stranraer. IMO if we get 2 points in the next 3 games we will lucky. We have some serious issues here concede-ding far to many goals. I’m looking for a solution here and when Danny came in to initially steady the ship after the Chapman disaster. He made us hard to beat. It won’t be pretty but for the next month or so he needs to revert back to this. If we can’t get new people in the door this strategy won’t last for long. I’m hoping the club can wheel and deal a bit so we can compete a bit better at this level. On to other matters John Rankin 36 I think serious injury currently at his age not sure he will be that affective when he returns and if he does it will take him time to get up to speed. Norway young lad very popular with fans will he be able to do it at this level untried so far. Will take time for him to adapt. This leaves me going back to my original post Danny play 5 at the back and two holding midfielders. Let’s get points on the board and be a team that’s hard to beat again. Back to basics build from the back.
probably best option , but we havent got 5 decent defenders in the squad , two goalkeepers might help

Who's all excited for the big match tonight?

Will the kiosks be open, will we have a club shop, will we keep a clean sheet? Oh the excitement.
think the football authorities have managed to surpass themselves by creating a tournament that creates even less interest than the challenge cup and that takes some going [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]