Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

our problems are not in midfield or up front , until manage to get a tried and trusted CB in there ( providing the left back is ok ) then we are going to ship goals every likelyhood it will be mcniff and rumsby in the cb berths on saturday yes the pair pre xmas that were conceeding goals for fun culminating in 3 inside 45 mins to a team who now sit in the lowland league.

good to hear lyon played well I thought he played well against airdrie and queens park[emoji106]

Defence is a shambles. Particularly on the left hand side.

Lennon's solution? Push McNiff even further forward leaving even more space in behind.

Petkov? No idea what he brings at centre half. Weak, constantly under the ball.

Surely McNiff is better in that position. 

I'd ask Danny Lennon, how long will the adjustment to league one take?

I don’t understand how experienced managers / coaches can get it so wrong. We are all just supporters and can see  a mile off what was required to make us competitive in L1. Summer recruitment has been shambolic and nothing from Management to improve the situation.  

Sorry; Petkov not ready, Howie not good enough, we all know about McNiff’s  limitations as with Rumsby

Johnstone decent, nothing from Smith or Wallace yet and don’t see much in them to date.

So, so disappointing as it’s all avoidable!!!

Johnston was decent? I honestly thought he was anonymous.

McNiff wasn’t great but the two centre halves were by far a bigger issue today. Petkov more so than Rumsby. For somebody that is 6ft 3 or so he continues to let the ball fly over his head. The number of free headers that were, thankfully, down Mitchell’s throat was staggering. It could have been a lot worse and it would not have been down to McNiff.

Competed OK in the first half but the second was a shambles.

No idea what Lennon is thinking with continuing to push McNiff so far up the field. Especially as you have Wallace in front of him for knocks from high balls.

Petkov is no better than Howie or Rumsby. Massive down grade from having Lang and Cogill there.

I'm guessing Duffie is injured again? Bizarre he decided to keep him on giving his injury record.

Lamont and Lyon done well in midfield while Goodwillie and Johnston were anonymous up front.

Would think our only option is to bring one or two loans at the back. Assuming the budget is pretty much gone if we are bringing players in on amateur terms.

Petkov is years away from being a decent centre half. He doesn't see any risk allowing balls to go over his head, and doesn't even know he's supposed to defend the front post to balls that come from the left.

I've only seen Allison in a couple of friendlies but we need to try him at left back for a while. Cuddihy is our only option at right back, and even he struggles at this level.

None of our centrebacks are ideal but Rumsby & McNiff know each others games so should be given a go.

Unfortunately, I can't see a back 3/5 working, as both McNiff & Howie have shown they are not good enough on the turn.

To be fair, I'll criticise some others. Wallace was completely ineffectual today. Johnson had a couple of moments in the first half and was then woeful in the second. Lamont had a good half, then disappeared. Goodwillie's turn (and loss of the ball), instead of shooting from a few years out was simply embarrassing decision making.

Oh, and Mitchell's distribution was woeful at times today.

Anyway, only Falkirk next week 😶

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

Competed OK in the first half but the second was a shambles.

No idea what Lennon is thinking with continuing to push McNiff so far up the field. Especially as you have Wallace in front of him for knocks from high balls.

Petkov is no better than Howie or Rumsby. Massive down grade from having Lang and Cogill there.

I'm guessing Duffie is injured again? Bizarre he decided to keep him on giving his injury record.

Lamont and Lyon done well in midfield while Goodwillie and Johnston were anonymous up front.

Would think our only option is to bring one or two loans at the back. Assuming the budget is pretty much gone if we are bringing players in on amateur terms.

The worry is Petkov is a loan from a prem club and the general opinion is that he’s not good enough- 

The worry is Petkov is a loan from a prem club and the general opinion is that he’s not good enough- 

He is a youth player from a premier club plenty of them end up not making it. Would much rather we attempted to bed howie in than waste more money loaning a guy who is no improvement.

6 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

lennon press conference ," we are making progress"

fuk me guys we really are in trouble emoji853.png

I never bother listening to manager interviews as they rarely give their honest opinion.

It's only 3 games into the league season and, even if we improve, we'll still be looking at a fair few defeats this year. There's no benefit to him being critical every week.

I never bother listening to manager interviews as they rarely give their honest opinion.
It's only 3 games into the league season and, even if we improve, we'll still be looking at a fair few defeats this year. There's no benefit to him being critical every week.
really so you think he is just bullshitting ?

yeah thats what I thought as well