Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Putting it in context, still a useful win mainly as others are saying, maybe give them a little boost of confidence.  I've never seen Allison play, but I don't care if he can cross the ball into the box, I do care if he can stop them coming into ours.  If he can do that, it's a start.  Downside there's another injury, always the danger with these bloody competitions but hopefully it's nothing long term.  

If we didn't learn much last night, doubt the young Well lads learned anything.  Colts system is a disaster

Much as I keep banging on about how I don't care about this competition since the Colts etc, I still found myself checking the Twitter feed constantly :).

I was actually delighted that we won convincingly, can you imagine how we would feel and react if we didn't win given we had a strong team out, ironically this game may have done the side the world of good... more minutes on the park for Goodwillie  and Love, Cuddihy back is a real boost . Obviously still on-going issues with rest of back four, but still any win cant do us any harm.   

One positive last night was having more pace in midfield with Love and Lamont, and Lyon before he moved in to rihght back, always putting pressure on the Motherwell midfield and back-line allowing us possession back much higher up the park taking pressure on our defence.  It won't fix all issues at the back but we can certainly defend better from the front to back than we have so far this season.    

The sooner everyone accepts that cup draws will generally be a disappointment, the better. Not much left when you take out colt teams, Highland league, teams in our division and teams with poor supports that will beat us.

Wasn’t there last night but it’ll take more than 1 or 2 games to convince me Ross Lyon is good enough, he showed next to nothing for me last season. 

He had 1 start. Was standout when he came on against Airdrie in the betfred, got an assist within 2 mins of coming on against Rovers. One of the better players this side of the summer break imo

1 hour ago, HughieMc said:

Was the guy at LB an improvement on McNiff? If so, great- and with BC’s hamstring improving so that he could start last night- I think a really good CB would change our season from avoiding 9th to chasing for 4th

Where can such a commodity be acquired? 

Most loan deals from here on in are essentially development loans, and they occur well into September/October, once some of them can't get into a settled line-up. 

56 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

He had 1 start. Was standout when he came on against Airdrie in the betfred, got an assist within 2 mins of coming on against Rovers. One of the better players this side of the summer break imo

From any appearance I saw throughout last season, 1 start was justified. I’ll be pleased if he does prove me wrong