Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I thought he looked really good when he came on against Airdrie. I heard someone say that when at Rangers he was well thought of and they couldn't believe he was playing for us in L2. I think we should give the guy a real chance  to see what he can do, obviously DL see's something in him.
[emoji106]

12 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Looks like lyon the scapegoat and season not started. Get a grip for Ffs. Its so true some players can go missing for minutes,Hours and weeks but a Lyon will probably play a very small part and always one or the first name to get brought up for criticisim

McNiffs been the scapegoat this season so far.

My opinion of Lyon is based on last season and this season so far. And overall he's been pish far more than effective.

McNiffs been the scapegoat this season so far.
My opinion of Lyon is based on last season and this season so far. And overall he's been pish far more than effective.
McNiff is a scapegoat this season because he's a centre half playing at left back. He just doesn't have the pace.
That's not his fault.

Lyon didn't seem to have the capability to influence a match in any significant way. That's not his fault. It's a lack of physical presence or ability. All he did was accept an offer to extent his spell at Clyde. Who wouldn't?

Danny Lennon re-signed Lyon and has up to now not signed a left back. If he doesn't get a full back in before the end of the transfer window he should be the "scapegoat".

23 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

McNiff is a scapegoat this season because he's a centre half playing at left back. He just doesn't have the pace.
That's not his fault.

Lyon didn't seem to have the capability to influence a match in any significant way. That's not his fault. It's a lack of physical presence or ability. All he did was accept an offer to extent his spell at Clyde. Who wouldn't?

Danny Lennon re-signed Lyon and has up to now not signed a left back. If he doesn't get a full back in before the end of the transfer window he should be the "scapegoat".

For me signing Lyon again given he contributed next to nothing last season and the fact we are already strong in midfield/ attack is a strange one. 

I'm not saying Lyon has had any influence on our poor results either so I'm not making him a scapegoat. I just dont rate him at all based on what I've seen of him over the past year or so.

No point in me turning up on Saturday, based on the comments on here.

Looks like we're relegated already.

Get a grip ffs. Are you/we Clyde SUPPORTERS or not? 

There are a few problems at the moment, and that's when TRUE supporters get behind the team.

29 minutes ago, clyde4ever said:

No point in me turning up on Saturday, based on the comments on here.

Looks like we're relegated already.

Get a grip ffs. Are you/we Clyde SUPPORTERS or not? 

There are a few problems at the moment, and that's when TRUE supporters get behind the team.

Yes and that is why we are so pessimistic 

Eighth would be absolutely fine by me next season if I was offered it right now. There's absolutely no reason to be genuinely fearful, though, because we're miles ahead of Dumbarton and some distance ahead of Stranraer. I would argue we're also a fair bit better on paper than Peterhead, too. It's frustrating, in a sense, because we're probably two good left-sided defenders away from having a right good tilt at the promotion play-offs, but we're still in very good shape going into the season. Much better shape than we'd have been in 2014 or 2016 anyway...

11 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Eighth would be absolutely fine by me next season if I was offered it right now. There's absolutely no reason to be genuinely fearful, though, because we're miles ahead of Dumbarton and some distance ahead of Stranraer. I would argue we're also a fair bit better on paper than Peterhead, too. It's frustrating, in a sense, because we're probably two good left-sided defenders away from having a right good tilt at the promotion play-offs, but we're still in very good shape going into the season. Much better shape than we'd have been in 2014 or 2016 anyway...

A balanced view in a vaccuum of neurosis. 

The goatscaping is a perfectly natural and rational act given our form, as unfair it might look on paper. It would be folly to ignore it but moreso to read too much into it as a guide for the whole season, given neither of the clearesr favourites got near a qualifying spot. Re-signing Lyon, an extreme-fringe player even if allegedly on buttons and not prioritising two centre backs, over perhaps even one or two retentions was entirely the manager's call, and he'll absolutely be judged on the outcome of these. 

I do think man-for-man, we're perhaps still in the 'something to prove' category, as opposed to having outgrown L2 long before we cemented the move out of it (purely on players), and with every outfield player having come from excelling in L2 or lower at least provides us with that edge over others in the rat-race swapping players like Tommy Sheridan does with his bints.

Time will tell what our (playing) level is, but i'll stick the neck out and predict a sweat-free, but ultimately dull 6th place finish, tailing off from the playoff fight but minimum ten points clear of 9th at all times from Christmas onwards.

A balanced view in a vaccuum of neurosis. 

The goatscaping is a perfectly natural and rational act given our form, as unfair it might look on paper. It would be folly to ignore it but moreso to read too much into it as a guide for the whole season, given neither of the clearesr favourites got near a qualifying spot. Re-signing Lyon, an extreme-fringe player even if allegedly on buttons and not prioritising two centre backs, over perhaps even one or two retentions was entirely the manager's call, and he'll absolutely be judged on the outcome of these. 

I do think man-for-man, we're perhaps still in the 'something to prove' category, as opposed to having outgrown L2 long before we cemented the move out of it (purely on players), and with every outfield player having come from excelling in L2 or lower at least provides us with that edge over others in the rat-race swapping players like Tommy Sheridan does with his bints.

Time will tell what our (playing) level is, but i'll stick the neck out and predict a sweat-free, but ultimately dull 6th place finish, tailing off from the playoff fight but minimum ten points clear of 9th at all times from Christmas onwards.
I don't think they'll be 10 points between 4th and 9th never mind 6th and 9th!
Should be a very tight league.

I’d happily take a dull mid table finish this year, said for a few years before getting up that if we did we need to consolidate and make sure we don’t go back down. 

Its going to be a hard league, Falkirk raith airdrie Forfar and east fife will all be good, Montrose and Peterhead are where I’d probably put us next to. 

Until January, interesting. Well it’s a centre-half in. Let’s get a left back in please!
think they will register him properly ?
could be starting the season -3 points - 3 goal difference [emoji16]