Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

To be honest was expecting that reply but majority o ppl that would have bought nee strips probably same guys and gals already commited to BWF. ST and other commitments connected to club before or during season...  

Got to draw line somewhere asking same supporters to shell out and completely fine with this set up even though im not the biggest fan but like broadwood its grown on me slowly buy surely

agree I think the fans have dug deep for years if you buy a season bully wee fund and spend 3 quid on the lottery its the guts of 700 quid for league 1 thats above and beyond thats not including cup games and following the team away , there is usually a raffle , speakers nights legends lunchs
Our fans are fantastic at putting money into the club

and what about the money put in by the Glasgow Branch [emoji106]

think thats more than enough to be going on with my point about the strips its mostly the younger element who buy them they might not be in the initatives do think its its huge amounts of money at the end of the day

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

12 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Wee timely reninder how tough this league going to be this season & unforgiving

Montrose beating StJohnstone

East Fife winning at Dundee Utd.

Teams who i would have expected to be in and around us...

Cmon Danny. New season 10 days away

2 Defenders plsemoji106.png

I wouldn't read to much into results like that. Alot of teams, especially the higher up the leagues you go, use the matches in this cup as glorified friendlies. If we win tonight it wont change my opinion about our defence!

9 minutes ago, Bullyme said:

Felt sorry for big mcniff. I won't forget his contribution last season 

Me too. It’s not McNiff’s fault he’s a CB stuck out at LB, or that he’s slow as a week in jail. He’s had a mare in all of these cup games but he’s had no support either.

Edited by Scott-Replay

Me too. It’s not McNiff’s fault he’s a CB stuck out at LB, ir that he’s slow as a week in jail. He’s had a mare in all of these cup games but he’s had not support either.
Completely correct.

He's almost as slow as Duffie deciding what to do with the ball.

our two full backs [emoji23] didnt think he could achieve it but mcniff just keeps getting worse each game , good to see duffie get one if his 5 games this season that should see him till november Thought johnston wallace and grant played well Howie didnt do much wrong , so kilpatrick is signed as a striker.

again no subs till 60 minutes must be what they teach on the A licence or maybe you have to wait till the other team scores 3 [emoji23]

26 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Me too. It’s not McNiff’s fault he’s a CB stuck out at LB, or that he’s slow as a week in jail. He’s had a mare in all of these cup games but he’s had no support either.

I agree with most of this but of out interest who else's fault is it that he's slow as a week in the jail?

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I agree with most of this but of out interest who else's fault is it that he's slow as a week in the jail?

I’ll blame Mr and Mrs McNiff for that! Or Lennon’s fault for playing him in a position where pace is a benefit.

To be fair to McNiff, Duffie would have been roasted just as badly tonight if he hadn't had Cuddihy playing in front of him. Even Cuddihy wouldn't have done much better himself, but the two of them working hard on the same wing meant they just about got away with it, most of the time. 

McNiff was left 2 or sometimes 3 on 1 at times tonight. You could also see by his pass that he sliced right out the park, he just looked shot for confidence and kind of fed up being asked to do something he's not suited to.

There were some decent performances though (Rumsby, Mitchell & Wallace mainly). We're frustratingly close to having a very good side at the moment.

Also need Goodwillie fit, as tonight showed he's a long way off yet.

Edited by Jaggy Snake