Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

At the front? What are they, cardboard boxes or are they makin use of the old dugoots??!
Otherwise, no sure which part of concerns about the defence is difficult to understand
We lost 2 recognised CB's & a LB. We brought 1 CB in. We've no cover for 3 of the positions. We'll need cover. The end. 
sorry I missed out a word orange [emoji23]

If anyone thinks back to the start of the DL era, he tightened up the defence. We went, was it 9 draws in a row? This fo me says that the defence is THE most important part of the team. My under 13's were told 'if we don't lose goals, we don't games'

I would also be a bit concerned at our"potentially explosive" attack. Our offense, even last season, had an appalling conversion rate. We murdered so many teams by 1 goal. Even on Wednesday against Accies we could/ should have scored 5.

If anyone thinks back to the start of the DL era, he tightened up the defence. We went, was it 9 draws in a row? This fo me says that the defence is THE most important part of the team. My under 13's were told 'if we don't lose goals, we don't games'
I would also be a bit concerned at our"potentially explosive" attack. Our offense, even last season, had an appalling conversion rate. We murdered so many teams by 1 goal. Even on Wednesday against Accies we could/ should have scored 5.

don't score goals don't win games either
3 draws exactly same amount of points as 1 win when Lennon came in he had to stop a catosrophic run of results the 9 draws were needed but he eventually knew he had to start winning games.
maybe the message to young Scottish players should be enjoy the game practice on your skills

We shouldn't forget that Lennon came in after Chapman.

Chapman, while at Clyde, seemed to have no idea how to organise a defence.

I lost count of the number of defeats from winning positions.

Lennon sorted the defence out before and I'm sure he'll do it again.

52 minutes ago, cfcuk said:
1 hour ago, Sao Paulo said:
For the curious, Colts - if I had to guess - played a young Celtic string on the new Broadwood turf today.

Against buckle thistle they lost 1 0 according to Twitter

Ah right. Hoops misled me.

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

"9 draws" alone should have the credibility of this confiscated. It was four, sandwiched by three defeats. This, if anything, propels Danny towards mortal Sainthood even faster. 

On the forwards, i'm mainly referring to the fact that two of them (Love and Syvertsen) both finished the season superbly, and KSS also appears to have gotten used to what he'll have to expect physically. Smith has that something we've often lacked, although reputedly hasn't quite started yet, and in Johnston we've added pace and creativity. The entertainment factor unquestionably is having the 20-odd pops at goal we just had last season, alone. Something the style of play produces. Or do you suggest Lennon has us ignore the skills of our players, and sit back looking to pinch? With our defenders, we'll get leathered even worse. Even at that, will 1-0s just not do for us? Or are we somehow above such trivialities? 

No. You're right. It was so much better when we created bugger all, like, ever. 

46 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

What about the 2 big Clyde badges either side of it?!

8 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

😂 what an eejit, I was obviously obsessing about the Colts thing.  My apologies 

No, they still have the centrepiece. That's not good enough, either now, or in the past. We're the only draw, and this continual denial of any status is going to be our undoing. 

1 hour ago, Domino the Dug said:

"9 draws" alone should have the credibility of this confiscated. It was four, sandwiched by three defeats. This, if anything, propels Danny towards mortal Sainthood even  Even at that, will 1-0s just not do for us? Or are we somehow above such trivialities? 

No. You're right. It was so much better when we created bugger all, like, ever. 

Sorry didn't mean literally 9 draws...Playing football even at a mediocre standard, as I did, it is so disheartening to knock your pan in when your defence gives away cheap goals.  That's my only observation.

The Smith struggles followed by the Spiers shitshow and then Hendry to Ferguson nightmare was no fun and never would I want to go back to these days. I don't think I gave that impression either, I just think we cannot, having moved up a league, set our stall out saying, it doesn't matter if we're poor at the back we'll always score goals than we concede.

19 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Sorry didn't mean literally 9 draws...Playing football even at a mediocre standard, as I did, it is so disheartening to knock your pan in when your defence gives away cheap goals.  That's my only observation.

The Smith struggles followed by the Spiers shitshow and then Hendry to Ferguson nightmare was no fun and never would I want to go back to these days. I don't think I gave that impression either, I just think we cannot, having moved up a league, set our stall out saying, it doesn't matter if we're poor at the back we'll always score goals than we concede.

I took you seriously, instead of literally. Fair enough! 

I empathise with your observations, but lest we forget we are now, and ONLY now, at a level even resembling what the first three of the four managers were embroiled in. Lamenting these should be a capital offence.

Of course it stands to reason that games are easier to win, if you don't concede. Lennon mastered this superbly well, managing the limitations of his squad (and there were several) perfectly. And this one will have them as well. They will again include a likely low conversion rate, but set against a potentially high fertility rate (exciting creators), the best way to protect a defence possibly like Freddy's Swiss cheese will be to simply keep on creating. Drawing attention to it via tactics and strategy would be disastrous. 

Anyway, if our backline is our soft centre, Dumbarton's must be made of papier mache. Nothing to worry about for us yet.