Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 minute ago, cfcuk said:

there is hysteria on here cause we have lost three friendlies now the players are not good enough for league 1 and we haven't played a competitive game emoji23.png

Aye but just mind... Hysteria, to you, is where there is an absolute consensus among supporters about something but you have a different view.

Got better as the game went on, and should have scored a few more in the end. 

Lamont returning and Cuddihy improved our midfield massively.

Duffie, who I criticised, had a much better second half. Though that was mainly because he didn't have to defend at all, as Bonnyrigg completely ran out of steam.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

My opinion has nothing to do with friendlies either.

That was Mcniffs 1st good season since joining us.

Im concerned he may struggle in league above with Rumsby..

Just my opinion
the league cup games will give us a bit of an indication on how we are shaping up I'm not Rumbsy greatest fan but from Xmas onwards he was really solid I think.we do need another centre half who is quick over the ground ( hopefully a loan ) player
I would have kept Stewart I agree it's a step up to going into league 1 But a lot will be determined by budget The bully wee fund will help , seasons ticket sales are up
just need to increase other revenue streams.

Aye but just mind... Hysteria, to you, is where there is an absolute consensus among supporters about something but you have a different view.
so you think we define our season on pre season friendlies? interesting hypothesis

1 minute ago, cfcuk said:
7 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

so you think we define our season on pre season friendlies? interesting hypothesis

Hunner persent

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

clear out the squad relegation a certainty in fact time to look at Lennon as well

three friendlies in a row still to win this is a disgrace

Nothing wrong with a bit of black humour- 😂😂😂😂😂 I think I agree that can’t really judge until competitive matches begin- 

lets leave it to the guys who know best and are working to a budget 

Christ!

A 3-0 defeat then.
We had 12 players on the pitch, briefly. Goodwillie came on but nobody came off. Will def be overturned to a 3-0 defeat [emoji1]

Fitzpatrick actually done well up front when he came on and was a good finish for his goal. Smith had a couple of similar chances but hit the keeper both times.

First half was poor but we pretty much had all the ball in the second half and should have scored more. Hit the woodwork a few times and their keeper made some good saves.

Will definitely need another central defender / left back but don't think the trialist Allison is the answer.

No idea where they got that referee from, playing a good minute with 12 men on the pitch :lol: 

Bonnyrigg played the first half like a cup final, pressing all over the pitch aggressively. We struggled to pass the ball crisply on a pitch that I don't think had been cut in a wee while. I thought we'd started to wrestle control of the game in the few minutes before they scored but we got done with Duffie giving the ball away cheaply, and McNiff caught high up the pitch (that's his instruction, so not his fault). Fair play to Lee Currie; the ball he fizzed to the far post was a cracker.

Second half we dominated completely with Cuddihy making a huge difference (how good would it be if we had two of him?). McStay and Wallace were really poor first half and both hooked at the break. I think it'll take Wallace a bit of time to adjust to our movement in midfield. Smith started to get into the game as it progressed and the introduction of Fitzpatrick was one that Bonnyrigg couldn't deal with, he actually did okay up front. We thoroughly deserved our two goals, and it should have been more. Amazing the different in fitness between two part-time teams, a few of the Bonnyrigg players carrying a few extra pounds.

Goodwillie:bounce4

8 minutes ago, David W said:

No idea where they got that referee from, playing a good minute with 12 men on the pitch :lol: 

Bonnyrigg played the first half like a cup final, pressing all over the pitch aggressively. We struggled to pass the ball crisply on a pitch that I don't think had been cut in a wee while. I thought we'd started to wrestle control of the game in the few minutes before they scored but we got done with Duffie giving the ball away cheaply, and McNiff caught high up the pitch (that's his instruction, so not his fault). Fair play to Lee Currie; the ball he fizzed to the far post was a cracker.

Second half we dominated completely with Cuddihy making a huge difference (how good would it be if we had two of him?). McStay and Wallace were really poor first half and both hooked at the break. I think it'll take Wallace a bit of time to adjust to our movement in midfield. Smith started to get into the game as it progressed and the introduction of Fitzpatrick was one that Bonnyrigg couldn't deal with, he actually did okay up front. We thoroughly deserved our two goals, and it should have been more. Amazing the different in fitness between two part-time teams, a few of the Bonnyrigg players carrying a few extra pounds.

Goodwillie:bounce4

Are we likely to go one up (Goodwillie) and two in support (Johnston and Darren Smith)?

Ah, the good old 'it's only a friendly' mentality [emoji4]
And there was me beginning to worry that we've shipped 3 goals to a lowland and east of Scotland outfit whilst only scoring 3 ourselves.
Clearly nothing to see here!
good to see your back [emoji6]

DL has said our signings aren't finished and said we are bringing loans in from esteemed teams so let's see who comes in
less than two months ago we won promotion we have added some right good signings with more to come.

47 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Are we likely to go one up (Goodwillie) and two in support (Johnston and Darren Smith)?

I have no idea. Goodwillie, McStay, Johnston and Grant I reckon will all play if fit. Smith, Syvertsen, Wallace, Rankin (when he's fit), Lamont, Love and Lyon fighting over two spots in the team. Good options to have, when you look at what some other teams have brought in.

That's why sorting out the back-line is so important; we'll have a decent chance of a play-off spot if we do.

Ah, the good old 'it's only a friendly' mentality [emoji4]
And there was me beginning to worry that we've shipped 3 goals to a lowland and east of Scotland outfit whilst only scoring 3 ourselves.
Clearly nothing to see here!

We’re you drooling after the 3-0 defeat of Hibernian after our successful “tour” of East Anglia then?

Regardless of opinion. Detailed or not, Nearly every post suggests we need defender(s). Confirms my worry which i know i do far too much..

Knowing what i know we.ll probably have the best defence in the league.[emoji23]

Maybe its just the step up to the unknown which worries me but i get the feeling the bottom half in Div1 will be much better than some o teams attempting play off positions last season..

Paranoid. You beta believe it!! 10year home n away in that basement league terrifes me of a return one day...