Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Bonnyrigg last friendly before the serious stuff starts.Looking forward to it and hope to see us get a win.Worrying the number of goals we have been conceding but not sure if it is fair to judge based on friendlies.
DL reported as saying we have not finished with transfers but apart from the inane rumours things seem very quiet.
Are Banks and Coghill on the way back.

he did mention loans from "esteemed clubs " so maybe waiting on the teams finalising their squads . DL isn't prone to bullshit so hopefully we see a couple of loans coming in soon

I am not expecting much until the league season starts. I think Howie will need time to gel with the squad but I reckon he could become very good. Excited for the season ahead just hope we sort a new kit and some extra signings

Also, did folk definitely see Beerman at the Linlithgow game? Cos I’d imagine Lang would’ve spoken to him about a move here. If he can’t get FT football anywhere, he might as well come to us to propel himself back upwards, that’s what Lang’s done after all

This new Glasgow cup seems a little unneccesary especially if we go on any sort of run in the other cups. Will we really risk important players for these games if we have a big league/cup tie round the corner?

13 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

This new Glasgow cup seems a little unneccesary especially if we go on any sort of run in the other cups. Will we really risk important players for these games if we have a big league/cup tie round the corner?

It will probably be a mixture of the new U21s and fringe players 

It's an under 21 tournament ,we have just got an under 21 team in past couple of weeks ,allowed 2 overage players so would
imagine fringe players or players coming back from injury

I read it as only the Colts can play overage players? Which seems bizarre.
Would expect only the Colts will be limited to two over aged players. Would think we'll be fine to play any number of over age players. We don't have a reserve side so will help keep the fringe players match fit and rest of team can be made up from the under 21 side.

the whole glasgow cup is outlined on the Clyde website

I take it nobody has bothered reading the article and has came on to here to find out the facts [emoji23]

ps maximum of two overage players for the old firm

our squad isn't huge so I would hope we would be using this strictly as an under 21 tournament as in years gone by we have treated the challenge cup with total contempt don't see any reason not to do the same with this one in terms of first team squad