Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, Abshok said:

Just signed up to the bully wee fund and managed to get the wee bro involved as well.

£5 a week is f**k all for a good percentage of us. Hopefully more get involved in the next few weeks!

If the fiver a week was indeed "f**k all", for any number of us, and this fund existed purely for going into Lennon's warchest, with subsequently no draw, no personal wins and no self-interest, would it be as popular as it appears? 

There will be occasions in the coming season where, unlike previous years when people would give many games a season an extremely wide berth unless a decent day out was involved, some simply won't be able to attend. What better way to contribute selflessly, short of purchasing an ST for the majority of games one CAN make, than a measly, weekly Winston going into the wages pot for no gain other than pathalogical altruism?

Edited by Domino the Dug

If the fiver a week was indeed "f**k all", for any number of us, and this fund existed purely for going into Lennon's warchest, with subsequently no draw, no personal wins and no self-interest, would it be as popular as it appears? 

There will be occasions in the coming season where, unlike previous years when people would give many games a season an extremely wide berth unless a decent day out was involved, some simply won't be able to attend. What better way to contribute selflessly, short of purchasing an ST for the majority of games one CAN make, than a measly, weekly Winston going into the wages pot for no gain other than pathalogical altruism?

I think you miss the point. This Incentive is to capture people (like my brother for example) that don’t really have a big connection with Clyde. This incentive is perfect to, more or less, gain £260 (effectively a season ticket) from a person that may never attend a Clyde game.

People that go to Clyde games and buy a season ticket every year, that’s money they were always going to come by. People that were never interested in lower league football, well you just scored yourself extra money that wouldn’t have came at all.

From the payout if that non-Clyde fan was to win from the bully wee fund, they’ll tell friends and family and maybe next season they have convinced another few people to join.

This my friend is what this incentive is about...the snowball effect of non-Clyde fans that give money to the team via an attractive avenue.

19 minutes ago, Abshok said:

I think you miss the point. This Incentive is to capture people (like my brother for example) that don’t really have a big connection with Clyde. This incentive is perfect to, more or less, gain £260 (effectively a season ticket) from a person that may never attend a Clyde game.

People that go to Clyde games and buy a season ticket every year, that’s money they were always going to come by. People that were never interested in lower league football, well you just scored yourself extra money that wouldn’t have came at all.

From the payout if that non-Clyde fan was to win from the bully wee fund, they’ll tell friends and family and maybe next season they have convinced another few people to join.

This my friend is what this incentive is about...the snowball effect of non-Clyde fans that give money to the team via an attractive avenue.

Where did you get your marketing degree- what a load of tosh......my friend

23 minutes ago, Abshok said:

I'm not missing the point at all, Sir. There's a lot of speculation in this post, which is simply the result of cause-and-effect over the draw and its rewards. I merely asked, and in this case have my answer, as to whether chivalry was playing a part or not in the virtue-signalling. 

No doubt some of our famous eighth-wits will soon pounce, decrying this sub-context as negative press. Not that i have to explain it, but i'm keen on money going INTO the club, not out of it, and have it considered a favour to the club at all!

Edited by Domino the Dug

While i'm at it, he trending patter of slagging current or recent players, is also abhorrent. Didn't we witness enough honest (but hopeless) triers from 2011-15, and mostly swindling shirkers thereon until eighteen months ago? There's less players in the squad than years since anyone else delivered a promotion!! 

I'm brightest crayon? the club gets 260 from each contributor half goes on prize money [emoji23]

I think that might be 130 but don't quote me [emoji6]

look if fans want to contribute to the 200 brilliant I'm delighted there is money going into the club

but we all like to put money into the club in different ways so can we leave out the it's only a fiver why aren't you contributing mentality

Now surpassed the number the 200 fund had last year. Given that it’s a greater financial commitment, I think that’s a good effort. 

Think the club should change the ‘ownership’ year to Jan through to Dec btw. Expecting a lot of financial commitment over the summer months so why not spread it out a bit ? 

This thread has turned into a car crash again! Let's get back to the real pre season Chat... 
Nico Elvedi, a Swiss International training last night with the hope to 2in a deal. 

“2in” deal? Jeez, at my age I’d be really glad of an additional 2in deal!

I'm brightest crayon? the club gets 260 from each contributor half goes on prize money [emoji23]

I think that might be 130 but don't quote me [emoji6]

See, that’s why I gave you that title. Test and you passed. [emoji85][emoji23]

10 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

This thread has turned into a car crash again! Let's get back to the real pre season Chat... 

Nico Elvedi, a Swiss International training last night with the hope to 2in a deal. 

If we’re using the crash crash analogy- I take it you lost your NCB a long time ago. 

😉