Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I agree Lang was probably our best player, one of they ones I didn’t totally appreciate him till the season was done and he left 

Banksy right up there as well, by the looks of it he’s in Dundee Utd’s plans for this season.

I see it's put the boot into Tom Lang since he decided to go to dunfermiline on a full time contract

absolutely pathetic

goals conceeded after new year compared to before him and Rumbsy were superb

mind you from a support that would vote to change the name of their club anything is possible

Fed up hearing about him to be honest. Half the posters on here seem to think he was Paolo Maldini. He was a decent player (not without flaws) I’m sure being full time he will crack on and become even better. Let’s move on. . .

11 hours ago, Xervish said:

Lang was a good defender, but he was not our best player. Not even close. Goodwillie is on a level so far ahead of the entire league that it is unreal. He was involved in 37 goals in 40 appearances. The season before was 37 in 42. He is untouchable.

Goodie aside, I would argue that Banks is a better player now, and a far better prospect than Lang. Rankin was also far better and more important to the entire squad's performance than Lang.

Lang was good, but he is replaceable. I would rather a slightly less showy defender than one who gets himself sent off or booked for reckless challenges.

Granted DGW was excellent in the home game against EC, in the play offs. For me he was missing far too many very good chances, it was becoming embarrassing and could have become a liability. No way should he have been as far behind fecking Blair Henderson in terms of goals scored.

Edited by TheBigGuy

Granted DGW was excellent in the home game against EC in the play offs. For me he was missing far too many very good chances it was becoming embarrassing and could have become a liability. No way should he have been as far behind fecking Blair Henderson in terms of goals scored.

Embarrassing? Liability? Wow. Some fans will never be happy.

51 minutes ago, clyde_darren said:

Embarrassing? Liability? Wow. Some fans will never be happy.

Yes, he was missing very good chances every week. That is not symbolic of a player that is miles better than anyone in that league or League One as it was written on here.

Furthermore - look at the wonderful highlights packages Clyde FC put together.

Edited by TheBigGuy

9 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Goodwillie is like 5 goals away from being Clyde’s 10th al time goal scorer (in only 2 and a bit seasons) but he is embarrassing and a liability, Clyde fans summed up there 😂

Agreed...

The embarrassing and liability sentence is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen on this forum for a long time ...really laughable to be honest.

Whether Goodwillie scores or not, in 90% of the games he plays for us, he totally changes the way the team plays; his attitude, work rate and influence on the side is outstanding. I have no doubt that when fit and back in the side he will still be best forward player in the league by long way.

I don't think anyone would suggest that Goodwillie was in top goal scoring form towards the end of the season but to calling him a liability is just mental. Even when he wasn't scoring the amount of work he put in and space he created for others to score just highlights the importance of having him in the team. 

56 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

So who would you swap him for?

I would like to see a more clinical David Goodwillie next year. Otherwise I think the squad is shaping up very well in contrast to other clubs in the league. 

Edited by TheBigGuy

13 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Granted DGW was excellent in the home game against EC, in the play offs. For me he was missing far too many very good chances, it was becoming embarrassing and could have become a liability. No way should he have been as far behind fecking Blair Henderson in terms of goals scored.

Fucking hell. This children, is why sniffing glue is not all its hyped up to be... 

Edited by Ingo ohne Flamingo

Just signed up to the bully wee fund and managed to get the wee bro involved as well.

£5 a week is f**k all for a good percentage of us. Hopefully more get involved in the next few weeks!

Just signed up to the bully wee fund and managed to get the wee bro involved as well.

£5 a week is f**k all for a good percentage of us. Hopefully more get involved in the next few weeks!
and a season ticket puts more money directly into the club