Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

I'm sure I recognised him on Saturday. He was in the stand. 

That is superb news. Kevin Thacker was in the stand too so must mean he is signing.

Edited by C. Muir

Im reckoning Budget already spent hence why the trialists on saturday were young lads who wouldnt demand much of a wage....

Suppose tomorrow nights game or future friendlies may confirm that suggestion or not...

Few weeks to go , Loan players and final Back the Bully wee Fund numbers probably play a deciding factor aswell..

All my opinion of course

Im reckoning Budget already spent hence why the trialists on saturday were young lads who wouldnt demand much of a wage....

Suppose tomorrow nights game or future friendlies may confirm that suggestion or not...

Few weeks to go , Loan players and final Back the Bully wee Fund numbers probably play a deciding factor aswell..

All my opinion of course

Reckon trialists is probs just to see if anyone is up to task. No point spending big if we could pick up young talent (look at what happened with Lang). I’m hoping Howie can become that good, although hopefully he won’t move on if he does

Doubt our budget will all be used up yet when we've got piss all at centre-back; the deal offered to Lang would've been as good as we could possibly make it as well, notwithstanding the money in the bank from his compo fee. We can't just - at this stage - sign one for the sake of it, though. As players holding out for full-time offers don't get them, they will accept dropping down to PT level at League One to put themselves in the shop window. It's just a matter of having the right contacts, acting fast and appealing to a player as an option (which we definitely will at the moment). There's one centre-back who we faced last season who I'd very much like for us to get on loan, and he fits a fair few of the "Lang" criteria. Howie looks and sounds like he's a reasonable enough player; depending on his wage demands, I wouldn't mind us signing him having seen how far some players have come under Lennon and Moore. I'd want a stronger option for beside Rumsby, though. 

Edited by the_bully_wee

Doubt our budget will all be used up yet when we've got piss all at centre-back; the deal offered to Lang would've been as good as we could possibly make it as well, notwithstanding the money in the bank from his compo fee. We can't just - at this stage - sign one for the sake of it, though. As players holding out for full-time offers don't get them, they will accept dropping down to PT level at League One to put themselves in the shop window. It's just a matter of having the right contacts, acting fast and appealing to a player as an option (which we definitely will at the moment). There's one centre-back who we faced last season who I'd very much like for us to get on loan, and he fits a fair few of the "Lang" criteria. Howie looks and sounds like he's a reasonable enough player; depending on his wage demands, I wouldn't mind us signing him having seen how far some players have come under Lennon and Moore. I'd want a stronger option for beside Rumsby, though. 

Who’s this CB you have in mind?

The compo must be a massive fee then

22 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

The compo must be a massive fee then

What I heard it was five figure fee paid over two installments plus add ons if certain criteria are met by Lang plus a percentage of a sell on fee 

Edited by Only one David Marsh

What I heard it was five figure fee paid over two installments plus add ons if certain criteria are met by Lang plus a percentage of a sell on fee 
well that just sums up the club if your a pal of a director or a pal of a pal of a director you get privrliged information why not tell all the support?

because it's a piss poor amount that's why hidden under a confidentiality clause [emoji23]

fans owned club my backside

well that just sums up the club if your a pal of a director or a pal of a pal of a director you get privrliged information why not tell all the support?

because it's a piss poor amount that's why hidden under a confidentiality clause [emoji23]

fans owned club my backside

I heard the amount was garbage anol. Just gonna convince myself it’s that 5figure fee

All this chat of shite players over our horrible years, what's your Duffy/Ferguson dream team? 

Barclay

Gavin Brown - Pat Scullion - Ian Gray - John Kane

Struggling to think of a midfield that was fuckin horrific, managed to erase them out my head so suggestions welcome! 

John Stewart - Kieran McGachie - Marc Archdeacon 

2 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

All this chat of shite players over our horrible years, what's your Duffy/Ferguson dream team? 

Barclay

Gavin Brown - Pat Scullion - Ian Gray - John Kane

Struggling to think of a midfield that was fuckin horrific, managed to erase them out my head so suggestions welcome! 

John Stewart - Kieran McGachie - Marc Archdeacon 

The alarming thing is there are probably plenty more worthy of inclusion than Barclay, Brown or Gray. Rajovic surely a shoe-in for GK?

Barclay, Brown, Gray & Scullion were actually all decent enough. We had a lot worse.

Pat takes a fair amount of stick but he was versatile & in his first stint at the club whilst on loan from Stenny (?) he actually played really quite well. 

#Justice4Pat