Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I note from Tony Wallace's Instagram bio that he's nicknamed The Bone, and would like to politely request that he is exclusively referred to as such by my fellow Clyde fans henceforth. Many thanks.

ETA: For some further, less-essential, substance within this post, Instagram also informed me that Tom Lang is on his way back to Scotland, so I'd imagine his signing announcement at Dunfermline will happen over the next couple of days.

Edited by the_bully_wee

He was far too good for League 2, as a centre half. Don't ever play him at right-back. He's quick, powerful, good on the ball. Very aggressive, but it probably suits him better to be more of a sweeper. The big test will be whether the Dunfermline fans/management have a bit of patience when he throws in a rotten performance, which he did a couple of times and is more likely to be punished in the Championship. Give him plenty of game-time and I've no doubt he'll adjust to that level.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

How do you think he’ll manage the jump from League Two to Championship?

He's good enough, but I agree that some patience might be required.

He looks as if he's got the potential to play at least at Championship level, but... and there are a couple of buts. 99% of the time he is cool, calm & collected - but is prone to a bombscare moment every couple of games, sometimes due to over-confidence, and sometimes due to lunging into tackles (he was sent off twice last season).

With the right coaching he could turn out to be top class. Would definitely have chosen to keep him, but good luck to him in the rest of his career. He certainly did a job for us :thumsup2.

1 hour ago, David W said:

He was far too good for League 2, as a centre half. Don't ever play him at right-back. He's quick, powerful, good on the ball. Very aggressive, but it probably suits him better to be more of a sweeper. The big test will be whether the Dunfermline fans/management have a bit of patience when he throws in a rotten performance, which he did a couple of times and is more likely to be punished in the Championship. Give him plenty of game-time and I've no doubt he'll adjust to that level.

Can you name the “rotten performances” at Centre Back?

Why does Lang still have such a devout fan club even after he's left? He played (well) for us for half a season [emoji38] 
maybe go read Twitter plenty of Clyde fans
rate the boy very highly

anyway I'm more concerned about dunfermiline thanking us for the "fair compensation " that's code for we paid next to nothing

Lang was a "complete" stand out since coming in at Peterhead away and included...

Him and Rumsby were perfect fit. One rough and agressive,Other perfect reader of game and timed tackles to perfection..

Good Luck Tom,We move on and im sure Danny aware that position was needing filled weeks ago which i include Mcstay shirt aswell (Once again my opinion)

12 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

maybe go read Twitter plenty of Clyde fans
rate the boy very highly

anyway I'm more concerned about dunfermiline thanking us for the "fair compensation " that's code for we paid next to nothing

I read it more as a dig at Raith Rovers; their Nisbet transfer is going to a tribunal.

7 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Lang was a "complete" stand out since coming in at Peterhead away and included...

Him and Rumsby were perfect fit. One rough and agressive,Other perfect reader of game and timed tackles to perfection..

Good Luck Tom,We move on and im sure Danny aware that position was needing filled weeks ago which i include Mcstay shirt aswell (Once again my opinion)

Were we too quick to let Cogs go? Grimsby often does the unglamorous job and Niff was imo, a better centre half than left back. Is Watt the replacement? 

I liked Lang but if I'm honest, he was prone to, as was said earlier, over-playing and moments of madness.

2 hours ago, clyde4ever said:

there are a couple of buts. 99% of the time he is cool, calm & collected - but is prone to a bombscare moment every couple of games, sometimes due to over-confidence, and sometimes due to lunging into tackles

We're signing Neil McGregor all over again aren't we? 

good luck to Tom Lang smashing young player sure he will progress going full time
sure Danny Lennon will have replacement lined up. interesting couple of weeks ahead , squad looks good and with more signings to come things are looking good for next season

Was on the phone to a mate who's pals with Eamon Brophy this evening, Kirk Broadfoot is to join us on a season long loan. He's been told by the new manager that he's not in his plans but is stopping short of releasing him from his contract early so he has the option of a recall. 

Not what I'd hope to replace Lang but a good signing at this level.