Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

So that's us signed 20% of Annan's outfield team. I'm not saying they're not good players, but I'm not sure they're better. Notwithstanding, we were a different type of team from them.  What's our strategy? Do we aim to be the Annan of Div 1 next year?

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC
Typo

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

So that's us signed 20% of Annan's outfield team. I'm not saying they're not good players, but I'm not sure they're better. Notwithstanding, we were a different type of team from them.  What's our strategy? Do we aim to be the Annan of Div 1 next year?

What I would say is we’ve signed Johnston who was definitely not a ‘hatchet man’ type of player and Wallace who, whilst is a big lump of a boy, could arguably be signed to a) play out wide or b) succeed the role vacated by Nicoll’s departure. Having versatility is important in a squad and I don’t think either signing rules out Grant or McStay staying.

I'd rather we were looking upwards for signings but I think we look okay up top and in the wide areas, certainly plenty of goals. Gaping holes in centre midfield, centre back and left back that still need to be filled though.

I'm not privy to what our budget situation is going into next season and how it compares to last season's, but recent signings could come down to resource allocation, with bigger money being held back to recruit quality in defence and midfield. Lennon will have an idea in his mind of what we'll require going into next season and we've got a good blend of forward options signed, as it stands. Plenty of experience, anyway, which makes sense in terms of hitting the ground running. 

To be fair Johnston and Smith are good signings, don’t know much about Wallace but he’s 6ft 2 and a big bit of a boy adds some needed strength to the squad, happy with these signings and there’s still plenty to go

Fingers crossed it's Karim Kerkar we've signed.

I’ll never forget his performance in they shiny blue vapours against Ross county I’m sure. Absolutely destroyed them with his tricks!

Or 2 Annan players including the L2 Player of the Season