Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

David Mitchell seems to have been liked at all his previous clubs, a couple of really bad injuries, Falkirk fan told me he is just needing game time at the moment and should be a good signing.

sounds positive to me 

13 minutes ago, BW Charlie said:

Does anybody know if there is new shirts out for next season. Can't mind if it's every 1 or 2 years.

Every single season mate we aren’t tinpot 

was only one occasion because it was the beautiful Supporters names one. 

Keeping Lyon a strange one. Barely featured last season apart from the odd 10/15 mins here and there. Surprised he's kept Duffie and Fitzpatrick too. Guessing none of them be on a great deal though.

Right decision to release Nicol. He doesn't fit into the way we play.

Love a decent option to have from the bench.

Danny Lennon doing business at 9.30 on a Saturday night 8)

Nicoll had some good games, some bad games. Not as good as during his first stint under Duffy. I've no doubt that he has played a huge part in the development and hardening up of Grant and McStay. That said, it was blatantly obvious how much better a side we were without him in the second half of the season and I don't think anyone will be bothered that he's been released.  I'm sure he'll get a deal at a Cowdenbeath or Annan who'll play a tighter game relying on second balls. Good luck to him.

Love has hardly played a good game as a starter in 18 months. Edinburgh in the playoffs, Stranraer in the cup, Stirling when he scored twice....That's about it? He has a horrible head-down style that goes against a lot of what we do as a team, very little pace.  That said, he's done okay scoring goals as a substitute. I would have released but I'm not surprised he's been retained, and he probably deserves a life-long contract for scoring that penalty.

I can only assume Lyon is cheap and worth keeping as a 19th man who'll end up on the bench most weeks. His only positive role was providing a bit of energy late in games. We probably offered him a contract to get compensation when he signed for Edusport and he's ended up signing it. Bizarre.

It's clear to me that Ross Lyon is an extremely talented player whose ability couldn't properly shine through against the lumbering cloggers within League Two; his magnificent, goal-laden spell on-loan at Stranraer the season before joining us is evidence that he thrives in a more competitive environment. Could be a big player for us next season, IMO.

It's a little sad to see Mr. Shithouse go, but I think everyone kind of knew his departure was in the offing. The big man deserves to be clattering into folk for ninety minutes every week at whichever level he can, and it's been clear for some time that he doesn't fit into the way we play. I'm gutted that we will no longer have him available to come off the bench and body folk in defence of the leads we might hold.

Love is an alright squad player, experienced certainly and a decent option to have. Again, might not really fit into how we play but then that could be subject to some change depending on what happens with the other "unknowns" within last season's squad...

Which takes me to my last point(s). McNiff has clearly been offered terms, but he's best mates with Nicoll and I think the delay in any decision will centre around the fact Lennon can't promise him that he'll be a starter next year. It sounds extremely harsh on a guy who scored an exorbitant number of (crucial) goals last year, but he's not an ideal long-term solution at left-back and we should be aiming to have better than him as first choice at centre-back. I'll be upset if he does leave, as he'd be a cracking squad player and would probably still see a fair bit of action next term.

What happens with the other three (Lang, Grant and McStay) could go a long way to defining our ambitions for next season. Hopefully they'll all look back on how far they've each come under Lennon and Moore in the past eighteen months, want to stay part of that dressing room and continue their development in a safe and nurturing environment rather than twisting. 

Mid way into the season Nicol was superb, he is getting on a bit but I woukd have kept him as an option. 

Aly Love has had good spells and ok spells, probably the most committed to the Clyde but no doubt he is loving it here and I imagine he’ll have a 1 year deal and he has deserved it.

Lyons ? Lyons ? not a fan at all but he has a chance to prove me wrong next season.

It's clear to me that Ross Lyon is an extremely talented player whose ability couldn't properly shine through against the lumbering cloggers within League Two; his magnificent, goal-laden spell on-loan at Stranraer the season before joining us is evidence that he thrives in a more competitive environment. Could be a big player for us next season, IMO.
It's a little sad to see Mr. Shithouse go, but I think everyone kind of knew his departure was in the offing. The big man deserves to be clattering into folk for ninety minutes every week at whichever level he can, and it's been clear for some time that he doesn't fit into the way we play. I'm gutted that we will no longer have him available to come off the bench and body folk in defence of the leads we might hold.
Love is an alright squad player, experienced certainly and a decent option to have. Again, might not really fit into how we play but then that could be subject to some change depending on what happens with the other "unknowns" within last season's squad...
Which takes me to my last point(s). McNiff has clearly been offered terms, but he's best mates with Nicoll and I think the delay in any decision will centre around the fact Lennon can't promise him that he'll be a starter next year. It sounds extremely harsh on a guy who scored an exorbitant number of (crucial) goals last year, but he's not an ideal long-term solution at left-back and we should be aiming to have better than him as first choice at centre-back. I'll be upset if he does leave, as he'd be a cracking squad player and would probably still see a fair bit of action next term.
What happens with the other three (Lang, Grant and McStay) could go a long way to defining our ambitions for next season. Hopefully they'll all look back on how far they've each come under Lennon and Moore in the past eighteen months, want to stay part of that dressing room and continue their development in a safe and nurturing environment rather than twisting. 
who is Mr shithouse ?

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:
1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

who is Mr shithouse ?

Nicholl- as in built like a brick...