Bright Sides of Fife

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

I think their going back to the SFA  in June with their lights being installed. They won't become members of the Fife FA unless they get their licence which is in the full statement.

Ah of course, forgetting that they have a "second chance", well hopefully!

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Their there my mate is at an ammy cup final at Moorside and sent me a pic 4 poles each side with 2 lights on each. Don't know of their wired up or anything about planning permission.

Interesting, though tbh they don't look 15m tall like others I've seen pp for, and who knows if they'll produce enough lux. Not much chance of light affecting neighbours but I'd have thought pp was still needed...

15 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Interesting, though tbh they don't look 15m tall like others I've seen pp for, and who knows if they'll produce enough lux. Not much chance of light affecting neighbours but I'd have thought pp was still needed...

They look similar to the poles at the Haws.

They look similar to the poles at the Haws.

Turns out there's six of them, bit more confident they should be ok (maybe these are newer/better spec as Haws have four lights per pole). Hopefully they get accepted in June - will make the Scottish Cup format even more interesting.

8 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Turns out there's six of them, bit more confident they should be ok (maybe these are newer/better spec as Haws have four lights per pole). Hopefully they get accepted in June - will make the Scottish Cup format even more interesting.

Its 8 poles with 2 bulbs on each it was the guys whose twitter you copied who told me. As you say won't be as bright as the Haws who i'm sure have improved the bulbs on their lights this season. Good to see Bluebell get the job done so quick though!

Its 8 poles with 2 bulbs on each it was the guys whose twitter you copied who told me.

Unless my eyes deceive me, the second picture shows 3 poles with the first and third pictures combined showing 3 as well... ;)

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Unless my eyes deceive me, the second picture shows 3 poles with the first and third pictures combined showing 3 as well... ;)

He told me 4 on each side, The pics which show 3 on each side obviously have ones nearer to where he was standing and out of the pic you see that by looking at 1 and 3;)

Edited by cowdenbeath

Bit of a tangent and it's something that's a bit anarchronism in this day and age, as I think it's really on Fife and maybe still Stirlingshire on the go.

Any chance that the Lothian clubs might form a senior Lothians FA for a cup competition? With clubs potentially being spread across the SPFL, LL and EoS in the next few years it would be a way to continue old rivalries.

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:35, FairWeatherFan said:

Bit of a tangent and it's something that's a bit anarchronism in this day and age, as I think it's really on Fife and maybe still Stirlingshire on the go.

Any chance that the Lothian clubs might form a senior Lothians FA for a cup competition? With clubs potentially being spread across the SPFL, LL and EoS in the next few years it would be a way to continue old rivalries.

Stirlingshire Cup hasn't been contested since 2015-16 (whose Final was never played!). It has always surprised me that East Stirlingshire haven't joined EOSFA, especially since moving to the Falkirk Stadium, although I appreciate they may wish to avoid additional ground rents.

Fife Cup is really a sort of singular exception - an extra tournament for those clubs which they play on midweek as 'n when they can. There would be nothing stopping Lothian clubs instituting a similar tournament (although I doubt they'd form a separate FA to do so) but the fact is you wouldn't get Hearts or Hibs entering, nor Edinburgh City most probably given they have the City Cup, so it would be the smallest of small beer. There have been vague murmurs about reinstating the Border Cup down the years but nothing ever came of it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

East Fife 1-3 Dundonald Bluebell

Cracking result for Dundonald. They march into SFs.

No idea what the strength the Dundonald team was but, to be fair, we only had one first team squad player starting. Looked essentially like our under 20 team.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

No idea what the strength the Dundonald team was but, to be fair, we only had one first team squad player starting. Looked essentially like our under 20 team.

Dundonald 20s are pretty handy too so even if they had some of them playing they would have been decent vs your 20s.