Bright Sides of Fife

Congratulations to HoB and Dundonald who were admitted to the Fife FA last night.

They join 4 SPFL clubs, Kelty and Burntisland.

fifecup-300x300.jpg

This adds the Fife Cup to their repertoire - another opportunity for chase some silverware. Next season they'll contest the Scottish/Alex Jack, South Challenge, EOS Qualifying, Fife and EOS League cups. (King Cup tbc).

R1 draw should provide their first-ever competitive matches v Scottish League opposition:

Cowdenbeath v Kelty Hearts
Burntisland Shipyard v Raith Rovers
Dunfermline Athletic v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Dundonald Bluebell v East Fife

52 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Congratulations to HoB and Dundonald who were admitted to the Fife FA last night.

fifecup-300x300.jpg

This adds the Fife Cup to their repertoire - another opportunity for chase some silverware. Next season they'll contest the Scottish/Alex Jack, South Challenge, EOS Qualifying, Fife and EOS League cups. (King Cup tbc).

R1 draw should provide their first-ever competitive matches v Scottish League opposition:

Is your final tie correct? I’ve got it down as East Fife v Dundonald Bluebell?

20 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Is your final tie correct? I’ve got it down as East Fife v Dundonald Bluebell?

It was corrected as Dundonald should have been the home club - no seeding or fixing involved that’s how the teams came out 4 SPFL v the other 4 clubs

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

fifecup-300x300.jpg

Brilliant news. Fife Cup always felt ridiculous with one QF then straight onto the semis. Could be a decent enough wee cup and a chance to visit places fans haven't been before.

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Presumably St Andrews will be admitted at some point as well (if they apply), given then are in the same position as Dundonald with their licence?

Apparently the Bluebell now have lights.

The  addition of the 2 new clubs can only be good for the competition. Have to say the draw does look highly suspicious  but a cracking one at that. Looking forward to visiting Dundonald as heard is a good wee set up. Been told Kelty U20s are being loaned out to Glenrothes so maybe them and St Andrews can be added the following season.

Clubs joining Fife FA have to be SFA members

The  addition of the 2 new clubs can only be good for the competition. Have to say the draw does look highly suspicious  but a cracking one at that. Looking forward to visiting Dundonald as heard is a good wee set up. Been told Kelty U20s are being loaned out to Glenrothes so maybe them and St Andrews can be added the following season.

the draw might look highly suspicious but it isn't that's the laws of chance at work

So we can either presume Dundonald have obtained their licence in the past week or so or that the Fife FA is taking a more pragmatic view than the SFA are.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Apparently the Bluebell now have lights.

Actually installed and working or just acquired them? As I can't see any planning permission for lights on the cooncil's website.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Biggest entry for the Fife Cup since the Kaiser marched into Belgium

59 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Actually installed and working or just acquired them?

edwardgrey2.jpg

"My friend, the lamps are going out all over Fife. We shall not see them lit again in our life-time".

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Actually installed and working or just acquired them? As I can't see any planning permission for lights on the cooncil's website.

Their there my mate is at an ammy cup final at Moorside and sent me a pic 4 poles each side with 2 lights on each. Don't know of their wired up or anything about planning permission.

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

edwardgrey2.jpg

"My friend, the lamps are going out all over Fife. We shall not see them lit again in our life-time".

You may get to see them1st hand if the Bluebell draw Berwick in one of the cups next season;)

4 hours ago, Gimme said:
4 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

So we can either presume Dundonald have obtained their licence in the past week or so or that the Fife FA is taking a more pragmatic view than the SFA are.

Dundonald were refused a licence, so how can they become members of the Fife FA?

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Dundonald were refused a licence, so how can they become members of the Fife FA?

I think their going back to the SFA  in June with their lights being installed. They won't become members of the Fife FA unless they get their licence which is in the full statement.