Boris Johnson and Independence

Colkitto

Will Boris Johnson help or hinder the cause of Scottish independence?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like i say he is the class clown that one person that gave the laughs and everyone said ha classic Boris.

The trouble is Brexit is a massive clusterfuck and it says everything about how bad the Union is and how much England still have this "we are an Empire mentality" (so did Rome and look where it is now) and thats where the trouble lies.  Boris will quite happily take the UK out of the EU under no deal but what he has to remember if he does that jobs get lost the economy crashes it isnt the politicians that suffer its the rest of us.  If it goes badly wrong he needs to call a general election anyway so he is going to pay for it with his job.

It needs a wake up call to those 65 million in England for to twig to that and Brexit might be that wake up call for them to realise they cant bully the EU.

Corbyn only wants a general election as he knows its his one opening to get in power despite how damaging his policies are going to be to the UK so whichever way Scotland is pretty much fucked either way as Corbyn is happy to have a united Ireland due to his pals at Sinn Fein but isnt happy to have an independent Scotland.

As for Sturgeon as much as i was happy to have Salmond as first minister i cant say i am over the moon about Sturgeons ideals which seem to be different from Salmonds, i just dont think she is as savvy tactically.

He's right about having to get the middle classes on board for Indy to have any chance of getting over the line. It's this demographic that holds the key but to my eyes the SNP just don't seem to grasp this. You will never persuade the WATP / Rule Britania mob it's the so called middle classes that hold the key to any Hope's of Independence.

The queen brings in £20million a year in tourism money, we’d be fucked without that.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The queen brings in £20million a year in tourism money, we’d be fucked without that.

I take it you get your viewpoints on Independence from the same place this lot do, oh and by the way if it meant the OF and their ilk p*ssing off to England and Ireland then that gets my vote:

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

According to the votes cast on this thread 3 have declared that Scotland will be less likely to gain Independence with Boris as PM.

Might be interesting to hear why they think that.

They say people who don't know him think he's a nice guy, people who do think he's a self serving c**t. Thick Tories will love him, so the Tories in Scotland as well as England could get a boost. That might be their thinking, I voted no change.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They say people who don't know him think he's a nice guy, people who do think he's a self serving c**t. Thick Tories will love him, so the Tories in Scotland as well as England could get a boost. That might be their thinking, I voted no change.

The very fact he was part of the bullingdon club and associated with that cnut David Cameron is every reason why he's going to be the biggest cnut since Thatcher to Scotland.  

Edited by AL-FFC

I take it you get your viewpoints on Independence from the same place this lot do, oh and by the way if it meant the OF and their ilk p*ssing off to England and Ireland then that gets my vote:

I think he might be whooshing you... Surely??

39 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

According to the votes cast on this thread 3 have declared that Scotland will be less likely to gain Independence with Boris as PM.

Might be interesting to hear why they think that.

It probably won’t. If there is going to be something to drastically change opinion it’ll be completely out of the side view. Only Prince Harry or Kate would have seen it.

The tone of your question probably answers why there’s only three.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
46 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think he might be whooshing you... Surely??

I actually had a different comment to reply then i remembered that vid i posted, the worst of it is that is the mentality that your looking at though 20 million and being shafted for a lifetime of being subservient to having a shite neighbour.

2 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

It probably won’t. If there is going to be something to drastically change opinion it’ll be completely out of the side view. Only Prince Harry or Kate would have seen it.

The tone of your question probably answers why there’s only three.

Not sure what you mean by "The tone of my question"  -  I just find it a tad surprising that with Boris now saying he will be happy to see the UK come out the EU without a deal, that more can't see or understand the damage that would be inflicted on Scotland's economy.

Scotland has benefited greatly from the EU and remaining in there would make perfect sense - let Boris get on with buggering up England.

We'll have another Independence vote, and the GSTQ WATP types will make us reject it again.

Because remember guys, Sturgeon looks like Jimmy Crankie and Alex Salmond has an old wife.

And when that happens, I'll have fucking had it with politics.

I genuinely can't think of any other country in the world that would be happy to be so subservient to their neighbour.

Edited by Gaz

Boris Johnson could dump tonnes of nuclear waste right outside Ibrox and the WATP would still vote no.

Edited by Comrie

Yep, I can see it having only a marginal effect. North Brits are so engrained in their gormless and empty nationalism now that they’ll watch the embodiment of Etonian privilege and English chauvinism run the country and still claim that it’s a better option than independence. Unionism is a form of Stockholm syndrome, not a coherent ideology that can be diminished by logic and reason.

But those tenths of a percent who switch sides could easily prove the difference in a second vote.