Boris Johnson and Independence

Colkitto

Will Boris Johnson help or hinder the cause of Scottish independence?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I think if anything Boris will help the independence push. There’s plenty of material available of him dishing the dirt on Scotland. My only concern is that he is a far more cunning and dangerous person than May is.

I fully expect him to be caught muttering "f**k the jocks" like he got caught with "f**k business".

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Totally agree, our country is full of those who hate "her" (meaning Nicola Sturgeon) but when asked, they can't tell you why or even any of the SNP's policies etc. (I know, because I just tested this theory out).

I know of people who voted Brexit Party yesterday purely because it was the opposite of "what that women" was standing for.

2 minutes ago, Jute said:

I know of people who voted Brexit Party yesterday purely because it was the opposite of "what that women" was standing for.

Yes, it's sad to say the least.

I could see Boris with his stunned "what the f**k have I done" face again on the morning of hard brexit after he fails to get a last minute extension and after a series of failed negotiations, like he looked on the morning after the referendum. Hopefully he'll be forced into a General Election instead or a second referendum.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Dominic Raab is, in my view, more likely to be the next Tory leader and PM. No less dismissive of Scottish Independence, but less skeletons in his closet.

Nobody had heard of him until a few months ago, bet something juicy will come out when they start digging.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

What absolute shitstorm?

The overwhelming majority of Scots live perfectly comfortable lives.

By shafting the lower end where one in for four children live in poverty. Attempts are being made by the Scottish government to change this by raising taxes to combat this and cutting it at the lower end. But without being able to force large corporations to actually pay some come fucking corporate tax it can be somewhat futile.

Tbh I would have had Independence as a romantic notion if we didn't Haemorrhage money out the public  purse to private enterprises that should be under public control, and we weren't shafting the most vulnerable  of society.  Im not scottish so I don't feel massively patriotic, I am a human being though which is why I would back independence in a heart beat as I see it the best way of helping those at the lower end.

Edited by gannonball

Boris 5/6 with Raab at 5/1 your candy, it's then 11/1 Snakey Gove & 16/1 Jeremy Chunt and 20/1 bar.

Quite a disgusting bunch when you look through the odds..........

I think Boris would bottle anything towards a 'no deal' tbh. It's all image with him (and not a flattering one) so I imagine him doing a lot of fist shaking and maybe having a go at his own renegotiation and resetting the clock with the hope that he can find a route into tricking the public into perceiving his identical settlement as something new. The one thing he does bring which May never could is that he probably could trick the thick as f**k hard Brexiteers in his party as he's been so pivotal in manipulating some of them (not that May wasn't but she didn't have the same amount of credibility) so he may well be able to get something passed.

Leadsom would be worse in every measure than Boris and capable of causing much more economic and societal damage. She's probably the dream PM you'd want to be opposing in an independence referendum scenario.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Johnson will fail on Brexit; the way in which he fails will determine whether people will be more or less likely to support Independence.

I think even he might be capable of taking us out the EU on a No Deal basis.

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I think even he might be capable of taking us out the EU on a No Deal basis.

So that will be a failure and Johnson will not be able to blame anyone else.

What is astounding is that Johnson and other leadership contenders think that they will get concessions from the EU that May didn’t get.  Totally delusional.