Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
STU KTID

Next Permanent Kilmarnock Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Angelo Alessio.... 12/1 to 8/1 then 11/2 now 9/2 2nd fav in the space of 5 mins........

 

Me and my mate put £1 on him each-way.

Going to try to get him to 1/20 with another 40p single.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

The bookies must be making a fortune off of this market.

Alessio 8/13 fav now.

A fool & their money as they say..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are honestly fucking idiots. 

I know folk who have a fiver on about four different folk on skybet.

Jesus christ, when will folk learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

People are honestly fucking idiots. 

I know folk who have a fiver on about four different folk on skybet.

Jesus christ, when will folk learn.

A mugs game right enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bookies thinking let's drop the odds a wee bit so all these mugs think somethings happening then do it again with another character the next day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
People will be pissed off when the Kris Boyd/Chris Burke co-managerial dream team is announced.
Not sure I could ever be pissed off at anything involving Chris Burke tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumours circulating on the Killie Kickback forum that Angelo Alessio has the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

People will be pissed off when the Kris Boyd/Chris Burke co-managerial dream team is announced.

Boydie has left the club mate..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have thought consistency was a big attraction for Killie after all the work that Steve Clarke has done. This then strikes me as strange as Alessio surely isn't coming into a provincial Scottish football club to just hold the wheel and keep things on course. 

Alessio may have brilliant ideas but, as said, I'd have thought the better (i.e. less risky) approach for Killie was someone to continue on Clarke's work. 

Fans will no doubt be excited by the unknown but it'll be a shame (for Killie supporters) if Alessio is a disaster and all the hard work of Clarke is undone.

Whilst not a reason to avoid it (see the national team) has there ever been a really successful foreign appointment in Scotland? Advocaat and Jansen did well in the different environment of Old Firm but after that? Paatelainen had a couple of good jobs but was well versed in our game. Anyone else? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'd have thought consistency was a big attraction for Killie after all the work that Steve Clarke has done. This then strikes me as strange as Alessio surely isn't coming into a provincial Scottish football club to just hold the wheel and keep things on course. 

Alessio may have brilliant ideas but, as said, I'd have thought the better (i.e. less risky) approach for Killie was someone to continue on Clarke's work. 

Fans will no doubt be excited by the unknown but it'll be a shame (for Killie supporters) if Alessio is a disaster and all the hard work of Clarke is undone.

Whilst not a reason to avoid it (see the national team) has there ever been a really successful foreign appointment in Scotland? Advocaat and Jansen did well in the different environment of Old Firm but after that? Paatelainen had a couple of good jobs but was well versed in our game. Anyone else? 

Paulo Sergio at Hearts?

Nobody else comes to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'd have thought consistency was a big attraction for Killie after all the work that Steve Clarke has done. This then strikes me as strange as Alessio surely isn't coming into a provincial Scottish football club to just hold the wheel and keep things on course. 
Alessio may have brilliant ideas but, as said, I'd have thought the better (i.e. less risky) approach for Killie was someone to continue on Clarke's work. 
Fans will no doubt be excited by the unknown but it'll be a shame (for Killie supporters) if Alessio is a disaster and all the hard work of Clarke is undone.
Whilst not a reason to avoid it (see the national team) has there ever been a really successful foreign appointment in Scotland? Advocaat and Jansen did well in the different environment of Old Firm but after that? Paatelainen had a couple of good jobs but was well versed in our game. Anyone else? 
Of course we want consistency, but I'm not sure how we would get that. Clarke is quite possibly the best manager in our history, definitely in the top 3, and has spent much of his career playing and coaching at the top level. If we brought in a "safe option" like Gary Holt, he might pick all the same players, but could he really coach them to the same level?

You could just as easily argue that Alessio does bring some sense of consistency, on the basis that he has a fairly similar track record to Clarke, and quite possibly has a similar coaching philosophy given the links to Conte.

Of course it's a gamble, but I think it was always going to be a gamble whatever we did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Radford said:

 

Whilst not a reason to avoid it (see the national team) has there ever been a really successful foreign appointment in Scotland? Advocaat and Jansen did well in the different environment of Old Firm but after that? Paatelainen had a couple of good jobs but was well versed in our game. Anyone else? 

I’d argue that in certain quarters Paul LeGuen was considered a success ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...