Next Permanent Kilmarnock Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/exclusive-angelo-alessio-says-hed-jump-at-the-chance-to-be-new-kilmarnock-boss/

Angelo Alessio, the bookies’ favourite to be named new Kilmarnock boss, last night said he would jump at the chance to succeed Steve Clarke at Rugby Park.

The Italian, who spent two years working under Antonio Conte at Stamford Bridge – quitting when his countryman was sacked in 2018 – is keen to manage in his own right, and has been searching for a job in the UK.

Heading a list that includes Davie Moyes, Roberto Di Matteo, Simon Grayson and Gianluca Conte, brother of Antonio, he is as short as 3/10-on with leading bookmaker, Paddy Power.

“I am aware of the interest in Kilmarnock and I am very pleased about it,” said the 54-year-old.

“It would be great for me to become their manager.

“At the moment, however, I can’t really say anything else because I know there are negotiations going on.

“Since my time at Chelsea, I have followed Scottish football a lot and studied it carefully. I would really like to have this experience.”

Massimo Donati, an Italian well-known to fans here from his time playing for Celtic and Hamilton Accies, believes Alessio would be a success at Rugby Park.

“Steve Clarke did a really excellent job as manager of Kilmarnock,” he said.

“The team improved a lot under his charge, and to finish third in the table was a fantastic result.

“But Angelo Alessio is also certainly a highly-trained coach, one who would bring the Italian mentality to Scotland.

“I think that having been an assistant to Antonio Conte at Chelsea, where they won the 2016-17 title together, he would certainly be able to work in a highly-professional way.

“He would need probably to adapt a bit because the Scottish Premiership is a different environment to that of the English Premier League.

“But I am sure he has all the credentials to do well, should they give him the opportunity.”

Love the standard shoe-horning in opinion of ex-old firm player
Our media is absolutely embarrassing, there is an Italian linked with the job, quick get a completely irrelevant ex old firm player who has no connection with the guy other than nationality to tell us how he'll do.

19 minutes ago, Empty It said:
28 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
Love the standard shoe-horning in opinion of ex-old firm player

Our media is absolutely embarrassing, there is an Italian linked with the job, quick get a completely irrelevant ex old firm player who has no connection with the guy other than nationality to tell us how he'll do.

Yup. Its not like Pascali was club captain for years..... if the opinion of a random Italian was needed at all

Interesting appointment. Could be wonderful. Could be a complete disaster. Could be completely meh. But let’s watch the usual talking heads go apoplectic because it wasn’t given to Scotland Gemmill, or Colin Stewart, or any other of the usual suspects.

At least it’s not jobs-for-the-Largs-boys.