Next Permanent Kilmarnock Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

People are honestly fucking idiots. 

I know folk who have a fiver on about four different folk on skybet.

Jesus christ, when will folk learn.

A mugs game right enough.

I'd have thought consistency was a big attraction for Killie after all the work that Steve Clarke has done. This then strikes me as strange as Alessio surely isn't coming into a provincial Scottish football club to just hold the wheel and keep things on course. 

Alessio may have brilliant ideas but, as said, I'd have thought the better (i.e. less risky) approach for Killie was someone to continue on Clarke's work. 

Fans will no doubt be excited by the unknown but it'll be a shame (for Killie supporters) if Alessio is a disaster and all the hard work of Clarke is undone.

Whilst not a reason to avoid it (see the national team) has there ever been a really successful foreign appointment in Scotland? Advocaat and Jansen did well in the different environment of Old Firm but after that? Paatelainen had a couple of good jobs but was well versed in our game. Anyone else? 

36 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'd have thought consistency was a big attraction for Killie after all the work that Steve Clarke has done. This then strikes me as strange as Alessio surely isn't coming into a provincial Scottish football club to just hold the wheel and keep things on course. 

Alessio may have brilliant ideas but, as said, I'd have thought the better (i.e. less risky) approach for Killie was someone to continue on Clarke's work. 

Fans will no doubt be excited by the unknown but it'll be a shame (for Killie supporters) if Alessio is a disaster and all the hard work of Clarke is undone.

Whilst not a reason to avoid it (see the national team) has there ever been a really successful foreign appointment in Scotland? Advocaat and Jansen did well in the different environment of Old Firm but after that? Paatelainen had a couple of good jobs but was well versed in our game. Anyone else? 

Paulo Sergio at Hearts?

Nobody else comes to mind.

Of course we want consistency, but I'm not sure how we would get that. Clarke is quite possibly the best manager in our history, definitely in the top 3, and has spent much of his career playing and coaching at the top level. If we brought in a "safe option" like Gary Holt, he might pick all the same players, but could he really coach them to the same level?

You could just as easily argue that Alessio does bring some sense of consistency, on the basis that he has a fairly similar track record to Clarke, and quite possibly has a similar coaching philosophy given the links to Conte.

Of course it's a gamble, but I think it was always going to be a gamble whatever we did.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

I’d argue that in certain quarters Paul LeGuen was considered a success ;) 

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Lennon and Rodgers at Celtic, Butcher at Inverness, Wright at St Johnstone?