Next Permanent Kilmarnock Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Moomintroll
It’s going to be Mark McGhee isn’t it?
Isn’t it!
It is!
[emoji848]🤭🤫[emoji33]🤣🤣🤣
No, no, bad Raidernation, bad, naughty Raidernation.

A lot of big money requests at the bookies tonight for this guy (below), according to Lochlan Highet from the Kilmarnock Standard.

He's been gambled down to 4/7 fav with most firms and as short as 1/6 with Paddy Power........

200px-Simon_Grayson_(2018).jpg.6ab479549bb1eca4c2fcf157d9cbab31.jpg

Edited by C4mmy31

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Seemed a bit of a soft touch on that Sunderland documentary. Looked completely defeated, like he'd lost his love for the game. Where has he been since then? 

He was announced as Bradford City interim manager in Feb 18, after Stuart McCall got the bullet, but left them at the end of his contract in May 18. 

He's been out the game since then thou, personally, I'm not reading too much into his time at Sunderland as they were a proper basket case of a club, especially around that time.

If he can emulate his time at Leeds, Huddersfield & Preston NE, he could be an interesting appointment......

IAN HOLLOWAY has revealed he would love to be the next Kilmarnock boss.
Rugby Park chiefs are still sifting through more than 60 applications to replace Steve Clarke in the hot seat.

And former Blackpool and Crystal Palace manager Ollie is keen on the Killie gig — 12 months after leaving QPR.
He told SunSport: “I would be very interested in the Kilmarnock job. I’m looking to get back into the game and Scottish football is appealing for any manager.
“There are big clubs and big managers and a lot of talented players.
"Just look at John McGinn. He has been fantastic for Aston Villa and was a player I was keen to take to QPR if I had stayed there.
“Without a shadow of a doubt I’d be interested in Kilmarnock.
“Steve Clarke did a great job there and it’s a really good club.”

Holloway, 56, has also bossed Bristol Rovers, Plymouth Argyle, Leicester City and Millwall during a long career in management.
He led both Blackpool and Palace to Premier League promotion with his wacky style.
Holloway also revealed he wanted to play for Scotland in his prime with QPR in the early 1990s.
He said: “Three of my grandparents are actually Scottish.

“Why did I never get capped? I wasn’t good enough! I tried hard, but I wasn’t good enough.
“But I’ve always loved Scottish football.
“I’ve worked with a lot of players from there and Charlie Adam at Blackpool was one of the best.”

Kilmarnock owner Billy Bowie is expected to meet with his board members later this week to discuss applicants.
The Rugby Park chief has had dozens of CVs from around Europe and will compile a shortlist before holding interviews.
2019-06-04_07.03.32.jpg

50 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Oh i hope not. Can't stand that guy.

I quite like him :lol:

He's dialed down the 'self-consciously wacky' shtick from 10 years or so ago, but at least he's entertaining. And I think he'd be a good manager for Killie, too. I think it'd be a good thing for the game up here; he's well known and well-liked (not by everyone, obviously :P ) and it'd add a tiny bit of profile.

3 hours ago, cass316 said:

I’m looking to get back into the game and Scottish football is appealing for any manager.
Holloway also revealed he wanted to play for Scotland in his prime with QPR in the early 1990s.
He said: “Three of my grandparents are actually Scottish.
“But I’ve always loved Scottish football.
“I’ve worked with a lot of players from there and Charlie Adam at Blackpool was one of the best.”

...and I love Irn Bru...and I've eaten haggis...and I love a wee dram...and Donald Where's Your Troosers in on my ipod...

13 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

A lot of big money requests at the bookies tonight for this guy (below), according to Lochlan Highet from the Kilmarnock Standard.

He's been gambled down to 4/7 fav with most firms and as short as 1/6 with Paddy Power........

200px-Simon_Grayson_(2018).jpg.6ab479549bb1eca4c2fcf157d9cbab31.jpg

Means nothing, especially as club haven't even decided on a shortlist yet.

Guest Moomintroll
Right lads, we all agree. You get Holloway. Sorted.
No. I actually like Ian Holloway but don't want him as a Manager. By an odd twist I used to work with someone who's wife was involved in amateur dramatics with his wife & by his accounts he is a great guy.

8 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
9 hours ago, ATLIS said:
Right lads, we all agree. You get Holloway. Sorted.

No. I actually like Ian Holloway but don't want him as a Manager. By an odd twist I used to work with someone who's wife was involved in amateur dramatics with his wife & by his accounts he is a great guy.

Put her out your mind moomintroll. She's not going to leave him.