Next Permanent Kilmarnock Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

In layman's terms, lets make up a list because the Daily Record don't have a clue, so we'll chuck in these names, including a couple of MSM luvies, to make out we do .......

Exactly this.

Record don't have the foggiest. Have just made up a list.  McCann and McCoist hahahhaha

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly this.

Record don't have the foggiest. Have just made up a list.  McCann and McCoist hahahhaha

Easy click bait for them to generate advertising revenue from though. Like all the Barry Bannan stories that appeared in the Sun yesterday were basically transcripts of various things he covered on Si Ferry's show. 

54 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Easy click bait for them to generate advertising revenue from though. Like all the Barry Bannan stories that appeared in the Sun yesterday were basically transcripts of various things he covered on Si Ferry's show. 

Aye, and folk click on it the daft c***s!

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There is no shortlist yet, the board didn't even meet yesterday.

Still going through applications. Won't be any interviews before middle of next week at earliest.

That seems a bit mental. Surely the board knew months(?) in advance that Clarke was leaving at the end of the season? The longer it takes you to appoint someone, the more players you potentially miss out on. 

Obviously I couldn't give a f**k either way, it is merely an observation. 

That seems a bit mental. Surely the board knew months(?) in advance that Clarke was leaving at the end of the season? The longer it takes you to appoint someone, the more players you potentially miss out on. 
We've already got most of the squad signed up again, so I doubt we're going to be after a load of players anyway unless a few are sold.

Kilmarnock have drawn up a shortlist of six candidates for the vacant manager's position and will begin interviews next week as they look to appoint a successor to Steve Clarke, STV has learned.

Clarke left after the final league game of the season to take up the role of Scotland boss, leaving the club with the job of replacing a manager who had secured a record points total in the top flight and taken the club into Europe for the first time in 18 years.

Kilmarnock held a board meeting on Thursday specifically to move their search forward. 

15 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I don't suppose you would give much of a f**k as it won't affect you in the Championship.

15 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Dundee knew they were getting relegated for the past five months, and hired James McPake.

Not convinced you should be criticising other clubs approach to hiring managers.

Edited by RandomGuy.

9 minutes ago, Fide said:

I don't suppose you would give much of a f**k as it won't affect you in the Championship.

Well, exactly, that's why I said it. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee knew they were getting relegated for the past five months, and hired James McPake.

Not convinced you should be criticising other clubs approach to hiring managers.

A) Knew for five months? Straight up wrong. 

B) Do you have any evidence whatsover to suggest McPake will be good, bad or otherwise as a manager, or any more or less successful than any of the other candidates?

C) In what way does who the board of Dundee FC choose to hire as a manager have any bearing on my personal opinion of other teams recruitment process? 

Two relatively straightforward questions for you there. 

On 31/05/2019 at 09:02, killiekranky said:

I can confirm that it is no one on that list.

Prepare to be shocked, amazed and astounded !

shocked, amazed, astounded sure. but will we be pleased? 

I'd be shocked for example if they gave it to anyone on that list. but I'd be livid.

'substantial record' rules out anyone on that list really.

experienced (European experience?) rules out the rest.

interviews in killie?

On 31/05/2019 at 15:12, Dee Man said:

Aye. We knew Jack Ross was on his way since Feb 2018 when he went to speak to Barnsley. And we still apparently sat on our hands, didn't sign players (apart from Paul McGinn and Jim Kellermann (who he?)) and then appointed Alan Stubbs. Top work all round.

I'm sure Killie will be ok - it's not as if there's tonnes of transfers flying around just yet anyway - but the guys who runs clubs are stunningly clueless/blinkered sometimes.

6 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Aye. We knew Jack Ross was on his way since Feb 2018 when he went to speak to Barnsley. And we still apparently sat on our hands, didn't sign players (apart from Paul McGinn and Jim Kellermann (who he?)) and then appointed Alan Stubbs. Top work all round.

I'm sure Killie will be ok - it's not as if there's tonnes of transfers flying around just yet anyway - but the guys who runs clubs are stunningly clueless/blinkered sometimes.

According to Billy Bowie last week, we will take as long as it takes to get the right man in.

As a last resort, he even hinted Alex Dyer could take charge for the European games if needs be......