Next Permanent Kilmarnock Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Feels like you will need to get someone high profile to keep the momentum going to me. Clarke has left behind a very solid side so the job will be attractive imo. Looking for someone who has failed at a bigger club looking to get back into the game, or a recently retired player I'd think. Wonder if Darren Fletcher might be a possibility...

Feels like you will need to get someone high profile to keep the momentum going to me. Clarke has left behind a very solid side so the job will be attractive imo. Looking for someone who has failed at a bigger club looking to get back into the game, or a recently retired player I'd think. Wonder if Darren Fletcher might be a possibility...

It certainly won’t be a recently retired player. The chairman wants a manager with experience. We’ve had enough of rookie managers.

4 hours ago, blackislekillie said:

Fair enough if that's the case. My second choice is a Cathro/Boyd co- managership.

You surely can't be a Kilmarnock fan if that's who you want as the management team?

4 hours ago, blackislekillie said:

Not an entirely serious post tbh. Might be fun though.

Hold on, I've just got it. 

I'm blaming just finishing a nightshift, and I'm sticking with it. 

6 man shortlist of:

Neil McCann, Alex Dyer, Ally McCoist, Gary Rowett, Gary Holt and another according to the record.

If that's legit, I'd be picking the mystery box option all day long. Oft.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

6 man shortlist of:

Neil McCann, Alex Dyer, Ally McCoist, Gary Rowett, Gary Holt and another according to the record.

I think in the article it's merely a mix of people who have signalled interest in the press beforehand, specifically McCann and McCoist, and others such as Holt and Dyer that are mentioned from previous connections to the club in some way. Just trying to make news off older stories. 

Also noticed that on twitter the Killie Trust chairman has called it out as bs, apparently there wasn't even a board meeting today. 

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

6 man shortlist of:

Theres absolutely zero chance McCann or McCoist are anywhere near the shortlist, that's just a list of the most mentioned folk.

You're the one who said that was the shortlist, not them. The article says "names in the frame include", which is based on speculation. If the Record had any real insight into who was on the shortlist they'd be shouting that from the rooftops as an exclusive, not burying it halfway down the article.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You're the one who said that was the shortlist, not them. The article says "names in the frame include", which is based on speculation. If the Record had any real insight into who was on the shortlist they'd be shouting that from the rooftops as an exclusive, not burying it halfway down the article.

I didn't say that was the shortlist.

I said it was the shortlist according to the record, which the article quite clearly implied even if it didn't explicitly state.

I even questioned its legitimacy in the exact same post by saying, 'if it's legit...'

Killie fans awful defensive over the prospect of Super Ally IMO.

Edited by Ludo*1