Next Permanent Kilmarnock Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Robbie down to 2/1 j fav noo, he's even updated his wiki page to reflect his desire to be at the theatre of pies.... ;)

Personal life[edit]

As of 2010, Di Matteo is living in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, with his wife Zoe and their three children. Di Matteo is a devoted Kilmarnock Fan and makes it to first team matches wherever possible. He claims it as a dream to one day manage his boy hood heroes.[69]

Come on BB, bring him home .........

I think someone else has edited that page tbh. 

Of those listed, I'd go for Paul Clement or Eric Black. Dunno why, but I've often felt the latter has the makings of a good manager. For a complete pie in the sky suggestion - Markus Anfang, who was sacked immediately on taking Koln to promotion, presumably for taking a few weeks longer than it should have, and not quite as comfortably as expected. But I think that was harsh myself, and before Koln he'd taken Holstein Kiel (a far smaller club with a far smaller budget) to promotion to the 2. Bundesliga, and subsequently to the Bundesliga promotion playoff. He's not in the top drawer of German managers (which is totally unrealistic), but I think would be a great appointment. 

Guest Moomintroll
Of those listed, I'd go for Paul Clement or Eric Black. Dunno why, but I've often felt the latter has the makings of a good manager. For a complete pie in the sky suggestion - Markus Anfang, who was sacked immediately on taking Koln to promotion, presumably for taking a few weeks longer than it should have, and not quite as comfortably as expected. But I think that was harsh myself, and before Koln he'd taken Holstein Kiel (a far smaller club with a far smaller budget) to promotion to the 2. Bundesliga, and subsequently to the Bundesliga promotion playoff. He's not in the top drawer of German managers (which is totally unrealistic), but I think would be a great appointment. 
Interesting suggestion, have only ever briefly saw his name & know nothing about him. We could attract some good coaches on the basis of a stepping stone into a job in England.

8 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
8 hours ago, Coooombe said:
He has a very similar CV to Clarke, which seems to be the only reason he's linked. I'd imagine he has a similar standard of contacts down south as Clarke has which would be a bonus. His managerial record isn't even that bad - he was harshly sacked by Derby despite doing fairly well and he was nominated for manager of the season at Swansea. His record at Reading awful though.

Shite at Reading, but did well at Swansea? That reminds me of someone....

Who?

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Naw you don't say.......

Yeah, honestly m8, I think it has been edited because it seems quite unlikely that Robert Di Matteo would be a Kilmarnock fan tbqhwy. 

9 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Apparently he has turned down Juve, again just saying . 

It's happening.....

I believe he is currently house hunting in Bonnyton and the Grange, commenting on how far superior the area is to his current gaff in Royal Leamington Spa.

Just saying.

That list of managers is some pretty awful reading. I think Stuart Baxter is the only one missing from the "shitelist of usual dross linked anytime a manager's role is available in Scotland".

Surely there's got to be someone showing a bit of talent/potential rather than the usual suspects of Coyle/Hughes/etc?

2 minutes ago, OSP said:

That list of managers is some pretty awful reading. I think Stuart Baxter is the only one missing from the "shitelist of usual dross linked anytime a manager's role is available in Scotland".

Surely there's got to be someone showing a bit of talent/potential rather than the usual suspects of Coyle/Hughes/etc?

There is.

HTH.

26 minutes ago, Fide said:

I believe he is currently house hunting in Bonnyton and the Grange, commenting on how far superior the area is to his current gaff in Royal Leamington Spa.

Just saying.

The Confidemuspecial One... 

I'll get my coat....

51 minutes ago, OSP said:

Don't panic M8, Billy Bowie isn't bound to the use of Stu's list as the official #killieshortlist.

Thanks for trying nonetheless.

Edited by Estragon

2 hours ago, Fide said:

Just saying.

He will take over the top floor of the Park Hotel when he comes. 

Jose doesn't do hoose's !