Next Permanent Kilmarnock Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why - He's been a bit of a disaster as a manager down south.  
i don't see why he's even quoted.
He has a very similar CV to Clarke, which seems to be the only reason he's linked. I'd imagine he has a similar standard of contacts down south as Clarke has which would be a bonus. His managerial record isn't even that bad - he was harshly sacked by Derby despite doing fairly well and he was nominated for manager of the season at Swansea. His record at Reading awful though.

34 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Why - He's been a bit of a disaster as a manager down south.  

i don't see why he's even quoted.

His pedigree is excellent.  Assistant to Ancelotti at PSG, Bayern and Real - as stated, his CV is similar to Sir Steve's.  I'd be happy with his appointment.

Guest Moomintroll
He has a very similar CV to Clarke, which seems to be the only reason he's linked. I'd imagine he has a similar standard of contacts down south as Clarke has which would be a bonus. His managerial record isn't even that bad - he was harshly sacked by Derby despite doing fairly well and he was nominated for manager of the season at Swansea. His record at Reading awful though.
Shite at Reading, but did well at Swansea? That reminds me of someone....

Some of these shouts seem a bit wild. Moore, Clement, Rowett etc will all see themselves as Premiership/top half Championship managers. Not that that necessarily makes them managerial geniuses or anything but you're unlikely to get someone of that stature at a provincial Scottish side unless there's mitigating circumstances like Clarke being a massive Killie fan. 

The job Clarke's done and the resurrection effect it's had on his career will maybe raise the profile a wee bit but I'd imagine you'll still be shopping about in Scotland or the English L1 and 2 markets.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

36 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Some of these shouts seem a bit wild. Moore, Clement, Rowett etc will all see themselves as Premiership/top half Championship managers. Not that that necessarily makes them managerial geniuses or anything but you're unlikely to get someone of that stature at a provincial Scottish side unless there's mitigating circumstances like Clarke being a massive Killie fan. 

The job Clarke's done and the resurrection effect it's had on his career will maybe raise the profile a wee bit but I'd imagine you'll still be shopping about in Scotland or the English L1 and 2 markets.

:lol:

The #juggernaut doesn't stop in L1/L2 m74.  Looking for someone with a proven track record who's capable of taking some SERIOUS #scalps in Europe.

Roberto Di Matteo, as a former Champions League winner, is the absolute least we should be considering.  Personally, I would be willing to take a chance on Julien Lopetegui.

none of these names would be acceptable. being touted by the beeb or sportscene or off the ball or basically any scottish MSM is immediately disqualifying. Might entertain Alex D on purely sentimental grounds but he's off to help SC.

someone with proven European experience surely.   Competence not cheapness should be Billy's watch words.  He has something after the end of the season.  But he can lose it if he appoints someone utterly uninspiring.  Does the manager have to be scottish/british? I see Rudi Garcia is now available on a free -as credible if not more than the names on that list.  

Robbie down to 2/1 j fav noo, he's even updated his wiki page to reflect his desire to be at the theatre of pies.... ;)

Personal life[edit]

As of 2010, Di Matteo is living in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, with his wife Zoe and their three children. Di Matteo is a devoted Kilmarnock Fan and makes it to first team matches wherever possible. He claims it as a dream to one day manage his boy hood heroes.[69]

Come on BB, bring him home .........

Edited by C4mmy31