Viewfield Rovers 19/20

Boab17

Now that season 18/19 has finished we once again put a request out there for players. Queue the sales pitch;

Viewfield Rovers were once a big name in Scottish Amateur football, winning the Scottish cup in 2004 and runners up twice. Established in 1921 we are 2 years short of our centenary which in the current climate is a great achievement. It is fair to say that over the past few seasons the cub has struggled to attract a great calibre of players. 3 seasons ago they never won a point and conceded well over 100 goals. 2 seasons ago there was signs of improvement and last season even more.

when I took on the role of Manager at the beginning of last season I knew it was going to be a long journey but one which I was prepared to start. The first half of the season we were looking at a top 3 finish going by the results we were having, knocking out Ayrshire Premier league team in the Scottish etc. For some reason after Christmas it just seemed to nosedive. Couple players left thinking they were moving to bigger things only to find themselves in relegation battles. Long term injuries to our keeper and key players and teams that we were beating in first half of the season were now beating us. We were working with a threadbare squad due to the above and of course suspensions and work laid the boot in as well.

We had a huge footfall of players that either didn't show commitment or simply weren't good enough (we will never be a jersey filler club) and we parted company. We could have went down the lets be soft attitude and just make sure we get players whether or not they show commitment or not, but im not nor ever will be the type of manager that doesn't demand effort. I don't care what position we are in I expect players to train and show up on time for games that's just a basic courtesy.

The club has its own facilities that would put a lot of junior teams to shame. A small but fiercely hardworking committee that make sure the players want for nothing. Our own clubhouse with current renovations due to be completed by start of next season. We now have a few youth teams attached to us ensuring our long term survival. This is a total rebuild of a great club. So if you are a young player perhaps coming into the game from Youth/Pro-youth or a seasoned amateur we would love to have you along to see how the fit works.  We will be beginning pre-season early in June taking a small break in July before the league starts in August. 

There are signs of recovery and we are moving forward and if you want to be a part of a good family club then please message me on here, you wont regret it. All positions considered but especially a striker and central midfield.

Boab

15 minutes ago, Boab17 said:

Now that season 18/19 has finished we once again put a request out there for players. Queue the sales pitch;

Viewfield Rovers were once a big name in Scottish Amateur football, winning the Scottish cup in 2004 and runners up twice. Established in 1921 we are 2 years short of our centenary which in the current climate is a great achievement. It is fair to say that over the past few seasons the cub has struggled to attract a great calibre of players. 3 seasons ago they never won a point and conceded well over 100 goals. 2 seasons ago there was signs of improvement and last season even more.

when I took on the role of Manager at the beginning of last season I knew it was going to be a long journey but one which I was prepared to start. The first half of the season we were looking at a top 3 finish going by the results we were having, knocking out Ayrshire Premier league team in the Scottish etc. For some reason after Christmas it just seemed to nosedive. Couple players left thinking they were moving to bigger things only to find themselves in relegation battles. Long term injuries to our keeper and key players and teams that we were beating in first half of the season were now beating us. We were working with a threadbare squad due to the above and of course suspensions and work laid the boot in as well.

We had a huge footfall of players that either didn't show commitment or simply weren't good enough (we will never be a jersey filler club) and we parted company. We could have went down the lets be soft attitude and just make sure we get players whether or not they show commitment or not, but im not nor ever will be the type of manager that doesn't demand effort. I don't care what position we are in I expect players to train and show up on time for games that's just a basic courtesy.

The club has its own facilities that would put a lot of junior teams to shame. A small but fiercely hardworking committee that make sure the players want for nothing. Our own clubhouse with current renovations due to be completed by start of next season. We now have a few youth teams attached to us ensuring our long term survival. This is a total rebuild of a great club. So if you are a young player perhaps coming into the game from Youth/Pro-youth or a seasoned amateur we would love to have you along to see how the fit works.  We will be beginning pre-season early in June taking a small break in July before the league starts in August. 

There are signs of recovery and we are moving forward and if you want to be a part of a good family club then please message me on here, you wont regret it. All positions considered but especially a striker and central midfield.

Boab

Best of luck Boab. 

Good to see you have stuck to your values which if you get the players and they take them onboard will stand you in good stead.

Hard work will never be beaten in this game, if you have players who are willing to put in the effort and are fully committed then you will have a good chance of turning things around.

Viewfield were a Scottish Cup winner back when I played and allways a good side.  Are you still playing at the park in Lochwinnoch? 

You seem determined succeed m8 so all the best for the future. 

50 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Best of luck Boab. 

Good to see you have stuck to your values which if you get the players and they take them onboard will stand you in good stead.

Hard work will never be beaten in this game, if you have players who are willing to put in the effort and are fully committed then you will have a good chance of turning things around.

Viewfield were a Scottish Cup winner back when I played and allways a good side.  Are you still playing at the park in Lochwinnoch? 

You seem determined succeed m8 so all the best for the future. 

Cheers m8

Yes still at Lochwinnoch m8 we secured the long term lease for it so we can get stuck into the rest of the renovations.

On 22/05/2019 at 14:12, Boab17 said:

Cheers m8

Yes still at Lochwinnoch m8 we secured the long term lease for it so we can get stuck into the rest of the renovations.

Best of luck boab  great wee club and facilities