Bo'ness United 2019-2020

Positives from today ? Lovely free kick from Tom Grant for the opener. Seeing McKenzie and Gemmell come on as subs........err, em ......that's about it.

The BU's were fortunate that IHS missed a number of decent chances. Very breezy and the pitch was slippy so errors aplenty.

5 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Positives from today ? Lovely free kick from Tom Grant for the opener. Seeing McKenzie and Gemmell come on as subs........err, em ......that's about it.

The BU's were fortunate that IHS missed a number of decent chances. Very breezy and the pitch was slippy so errors aplenty.

That free-kick from Tom was Sublime.  Don't know why Hendo took one a little later and not him.  Jacobs, playing on the right of midfield had a good game, more so in the first half.

McKenzie getting a run was good to see, although it will be a few weeks before he is back to full fitness.

The new 'keeper impressed in the first half, especially with his distribution but had a mad moment in the 2nd half, when he wandered over to the touchline and was robbed.  Fortunately, they wasted the chance.

Just glad to get game out of the way without any more injuries.

MOTM ....Devon Jacobs

Yup.

Positives from today ? Lovely free kick from Tom Grant for the opener.

Barisic-esque.

That free-kick from Tom was Sublime.  Don't know why Hendo took one a little later and not him.

Favoured a right foot.

Good to get the win but a poor game. Concerning how exposed the defence are left sometimes. Luckily poor finishing never cost BU a goal similar to the one we lost in the Musselburgh game.

Nice we howf IHS have, but with all due respect, it seems a bit cheeky to charge admission to a (barely) glorified public park.

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Yup.

Barisic-esque.

Favoured a right foot.

Good to get the win but a poor game. Concerning how exposed the defence are left sometimes. Luckily poor finishing never cost BU a goal similar to the one we lost in the Musselburgh game.

Nice we howf IHS have, but with all due respect, it seems a bit cheeky to charge admission to a (barely) glorified public park.

Makes a mockery of the decision not to allow us to use Little Kerse for matches.  Even Douglas Park has a better setting than that place today.

Makes a mockery of the decision not to allow us to use Little Kerse for matches.  Even Douglas Park has a better setting than that place today.

I just walked over and the Swifts boy was like ‘Yous boys paying to get in?!’

Didn’t even realise the big gap in the ‘fence’ was the ‘gate’! [emoji1]

5 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Gemmell was told four weeks for recovery he said two weeks guess who was right and getting  McKenzie back is a bonus but it takes time. Winning is all important. Thanks for the updates as on holiday. I know it’s not an excuse but one needs to unwind from the trials and tribulations of following the BU’s. 

30 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Where were Donnelly, Nimmo & Snowden?

Will and Nimmo on holiday I believe and Dougie has 3 bottles of Buckie and a madras from the Sanam lol 

Edited by Sheep77

15 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I just walked over and the Swifts boy was like ‘Yous boys paying to get in?!’

Didn’t even realise the big gap in the ‘fence’ was the ‘gate’! emoji1.png

The swifts have done well to get the place to that standard from where it was a couple of years ago! Very new club so should probably be encouraged.

The swifts have done well to get the place to that standard from where it was a couple of years ago! Very new club so should probably be encouraged.

Absolutely, hence why I said in a previous post ‘with all due respect’. It wasn’t a dig at Inverkeithing, best of luck to them. My point was more along the lines of what Jamboness said about Inverkeithing’s park making a mockery of the halfwits who decided Bo’ness weren’t allowed to use the facilities at Little Kerse whilst Newtown was having work done.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Absolutely, hence why I said in a previous post ‘with all due respect’. It wasn’t a dig at Inverkeithing, best of luck to them. My point was more along the lines of what Jamboness said about Inverkeithing’s park making a mockery of the halfwits who decided Bo’ness weren’t allowed to use the facilities at Little Kerse whilst Newtown was having work done.

Fair point 8mile. You guys are looking are going well. How's Nimmo been since he returned? Always liked him at Kelty and was great banter.

Fair point 8mile. You guys are looking are going well. How's Nimmo been since he returned? Always liked him at Kelty and was great banter.

We’ve got to be happy as we’ve been down to the bare bones player wise. Nimmo’s done alright since he came back. Wee dafty and as always he could do with cutting out the backchat but he’ll never change.

13 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

Will and Nimmo on holiday I believe and Dougie has 3 bottles of Buckie and a madras from the Sanam lol 

Dougie changed jobs a few months back that includes shift work. Mid season holidays it would appear are part and parcel of part time football so the Club has to get on with it.  

It’s bad enough when injuries come along but throw in the above and Max’s job is a lot more difficult. We’re doing well but need to bolster the squad asap.