Bo'ness United 2019-2020

4 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Ended 1-2. The BU's didn't deserve to lose. BSC a bunch of dirty cheats.

They are certainly "streetwise" for want of a better word.  One big thing we noticed at Kelty last season was teams buy fouls and cause reactions far more.  It's a case of if you can't beat them join them I'm afraid!

If ever a game showed up the need for a strikers instinct this was it .
That’s why we won’t win the league unfortunately unless we find one .
Thought we played really well and should have won in normal time . Great spirit shown .
Pity bulk of chances fell to Nimmo .
IMO Murphy made it too easy for player to chip him .
It was a good game though but we should have won it .

Despite losing, the BU players can hold their heads high.  Never easy against a bunch of thugs and divers and I can't honestly understand how they ended with 11 men.  The number 9 alone was given about three final warnings!

Ross Campbell was imperious in the defence today, winning everything.  Ryan Stevenson had to play another position, this time left wing back and again showed up well.  Nimmo should have scored a hat-trick today, without any exaggeration.  Comrie had a good game in the middle but God knows how he lasted 120 minutes.

We really do need to bulk up the squad though.  Too often only one sub available.  Not always in favour but time to get a loan signing or two for up the field.

17 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Guess today shows that the BUs are not too far off the top half dozen or so in the Lowland League in quality? Hopefully an entry level licence application is in the works so there will be a way to test that out some time soon.

My main concern was the ability of the Referee. If the pitch was a swimming pool this guy was way out his depth.

Deserved win for BSC never heard a team claim for so much, booted our players all over the pitch number 4 punches Orr in the first half your fans them scream for a free against ! your number 8 a poor mans scott brown kicking people but no ability bsc brought down do your level 

^^^ Wasn’t even at the game.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

They are certainly "streetwise" for want of a better word.  One big thing we noticed at Kelty last season was teams buy fouls and cause reactions far more.  It's a case of if you can't beat them join them I'm afraid!

😂 I’ve heard it all now, poor put upon Kelty. Outstanding lack of self awareness, I salute you sir. 

Deserved win for BSC never heard a team claim for so much, booted our players all over the pitch number 4 punches Orr in the first half your fans them scream for a free against ! your number 8 a poor mans scott brown kicking people but no ability bsc brought down do your level 
Dear oh dear. Have a word with yourself.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Ended 1-2. The BU's didn't deserve to lose. BSC a bunch of dirty cheats.

I took in this game as Shire were away, and I have to say that your comments are slightly skewed. The Bo’ness players appeared to be “theatrical” in their attempts to win favour with the ref, half the cards weren’t merited. 

I thought it was a very even game, and neither team could have complained if they had lost. The corner was a bit freakish, but the second goal was superb for BSC.

All in all it was entertaining, and that was just listening to the home fans. 😀

3 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
21 minutes ago, Life on Mars said:

Dear oh dear. Have a word with yourself.

I have to say Dave, when you are throwing around words like “cheats” then you have to take the comments from the other side as well.

if you don’t like them just ignore them.